Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cause of death was stabbing, as appears to be the case, the best we could hope for is that she was unconscious from a head blow. Cars don’t typically leak carbon monoxide into the trunk, especially modern ones.

Last edited:
Yes my thought too. I’m sorry I may have misread your intent. The fact that it pinged later near the pig farm according to LE tells me that she didn’t threaten him with a call to 911 at all. Who is so enraged by someone threatening to call police keeps a working phone in their car pinging randomly as they drive? At least 1/2 the story is BS imo

Exactly, lol, we are saying the exact same thing, or trying too!

No way did she threaten to call 911 when he said she did

I just read that according to him, she held out her phone and threatened to call, so her phone would be in her hand not in the running pouch and easy for him to grab.

Will be very interesting to learn when her phone died

Where it was when she was found

If the earbuds were still attached to her phone or her, one cover or bud was on his lap

I’m confident that he has some proficiency in English. He’d still require an interpreter if he doesn’t have a complete grasp. Pretending not to know the language is also a defense mechanism.
Having an interpreter is probably standard for anybody in custody and on an immigration detainer.

Having an interpreter is probably standard for anybody in custody and on an immigration detainer.
Yeah, the government would also want to cover their bases so the defendant can’t claim that he didn’t understand. He can’t aid in his defense if he can’t converse with his attorney.

He very well could have. I'm just thinking of all the reasons why 8:28pm is important other than possible Fitbit data. :)

The three main things I can think of besides the fitbit are: a witness saw him alone at 8:28pm, he's on video somewhere at 8:28pm, or he used a credit card at 8:28pm. We don't know much about the crime yet. If he had a change of clothes in the trunk, he could have changed his clothes at the scene of the crime and walked into Casey's at 8:28pm for a slice of pizza. He could have washed his car and swiped his card at the car wash at 8:28pm. We don't really know.

I lean away from the Fitbit because if LE had strong evidence that she died by 8:28pm I don't know that they would say repeatedly over the 3 weeks that they believe she's alive. That is very traumatic for the family. In other cases, LE will say we have reason to believe [the missing person] has been harmed, or is no longer alive. I believe they made statements like that throughout the search for Yingying Zhang.

Exactly, lol, we are saying the exact same thing, or trying too!

No way did she threaten to call 911 when he said she did

I just read that according to him, she held out her phone and threatened to call, so her phone would be in her hand not in the running pouch and easy for him to grab.

Will be very interesting to learn when her phone died

Where it was when she was found

If the earbuds were still attached to her phone or her, one cover or bud was on his lap
Yeah if he went crazy and blacked out the phone that was in her hands would still have been in Brooklyn. We will learn the details when there is a trial unfortunately that could be a long way off. As a mom I would want to know NOW!!!

I have seen and hear of men doing this in other cities. Music on and slow driving beside a walking or running female. They follow quietly along with the sexual remarks with their heads hanging out the car window.

I have wondered too if when she took off he might have hit her with the car to stop her from using her phone to dial 911.

She had to be scared to death. All the self defense classes and all the MeToo marches could not save a girl jogging on a lonely road with a killer and a knife.

I see the rings and little key chain mace but when it comes right down to it...we don't really have a chance in such circumstances.

I was at the grocery store behind a very masculine young man and following this story of Mollie made me realize I would never have a chance. I think my only defense is to be careful and not allow myself to be in vulnerable places where I might become the next victim.

Yes women have a right to run and dance and have fun but there are a lot of bad people in this world of ours and we owe it to ourselves and our families to be as safe as we can be. It's a jungle out there!
I’ve actually had this happen to me on more than one occasion. I think most men would be absolutely shocked if they knew how much this happened to us women. Its terrifying. There isn’t a good way to prepare other than just being situationally aware and not running/walking alone.

What about if it is turned off? I know with find my iPhone I can only see the last location when the phone was charged and where it was.
If it has a back-up battery, LE can ask the carrier to activate the GPS. This is an enhancement for 911 purposes.

Another man — who was only identified as Justin — claimed that Rivera followed his fiancée in his car.

“I vividly remember one day, it was around sunset or just after, my fiancée called because she was scared."

“I remember her calling me when she noticed how slow he was driving by in circles, turning around the block to keep up with her several times on her walk home,” he said. “I vividly remember one day, it was around sunset or just after, my fiancée called because she was scared."

Justin said she was returning from getting groceries when Rivera drove past her at least six times.

"Now it’s really strange because of how long he’s been driving around like that. It makes you wonder if Mollie was his only victim.”

New Details About Cristhian Rivera's Unsettling History — Including How He Followed Another Teen Girl In His Car Before Killing Mollie Tibbetts

I’ve actually had this happen to me on more than one occasion. I think most men would be absolutely shocked if they knew how much this happened to us women. Its terrifying. There isn’t a good way to prepare other than just being situationally aware and not running/walking alone.
Be safe always. Your life depends on it. I tell my girls over and over again. First thing in your car lock your door. Make it a habit. Lock your door. And then I pray.

If CR doesn't understand/speak English (evidenced by requiring an interpreter at his hearing) how did he know what MT said to him?
Having an interpreter for something as complicated as a court proceeding and being able to communicate in conversational English are two very different things.

I’ve had this happen as have my daughters. Most times it is someone benign asking for directions but one never knows. I always tell them to keep walking, scream as loud as you can and no matter what even if they have a weapon refuse to get into a vehicle. But all of that really means nothing until they are in that situation. What would they really do or would they have the ability to do anything. I am just thankful that this is not the norm and many of us will never experience this.

That wouldn’t explain the ping and the pig farm. I think he just blitzed her, took her without regard to her having a phone in her possession. And if he was truthful she was in the trunk then she was incapable of calling 911 or she would have IMO.
Not saying he's bright, just that I would THINK he would know enough about phones to not leave a trail. I'm not technical at all ( except for what I have learned from everyone on here now) but even before I ever had a cell, I knew it could be tracked. It just doesn't make sense that he would leave either phone turned on. Not to me, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste