Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My updated map of Mollie’s jogging path with an alternate being doubling back on 385. This is 6.69 miles, approximately a 45-minute run at a 7-minute mile. Keeping in mind she was training for a half marathon and had run cross country in school.
Hwy 6 is a busy highway. I wouldn't want my daughter running along it.

First thing the defense attorney will do is try to have the confession thrown out. Just because it happened doesn’t mean it will be presented as evidence at trial.

But I doubt it goes to trial. I’m guessing this will end in a plea, since it’s such a hot button case.

I'm sticking with a "cultural milieu" basis for tossing the confession. In his home country you cooperate with LE and tell them what they want to know, to avoid more enhanced interview techniques in the back room. Even with a correctly administered Miranda and a translator, CR could not be expected to believe that he had a right to not incriminate himself, and with a grade school education he could not be expected to know better. I would love to see how far the guy with the tie could make this excuse fly!

I'm kind of curious. What makes anybody think he went elsewhere to shower? Why wouldn't he go home?

Yeah, you have a good point there, Cardinal47. When I wrote about the truck stop's having showers, I had forgotten that he lived alone...was thinking he was w/the gf at the house, which is not the case.

I'm sticking with a "cultural milieu" basis for tossing the confession. In his home country you cooperate with LE and tell them what they want to know, to avoid more enhanced interview techniques in the back room. Even with a correctly administered Miranda and a translator, CR could not be expected to believe that he had a right to not incriminate himself, and with a grade school education he could not be expected to know better. I would love to see how far the guy with the tie could make this excuse fly!
Good luck to the defense attorney with that. As long as LE followed protocols, it’s irrelevant what the suspect believed.

Ah, ok

I don’t know how they work

I wonder if he disabled or destroyed her phone as soon as he could.

Less chance of someone calling or her dialing 911
It supposedly pinged near the pig farm which was “somewhat close” to where they found her. Probably was still in her arm band and he never gave thought to it imo. Which means his story is BS which I expected.

Only for those who are extraordinarily gullible.

I'm disappointed (to say the least) that Iowa doesn't have the death penalty. I wish they could re-enact it just for this creep, but unfortunately laws can't be enacted ex post facto.

Three of my former husband’s friends were gunned down in their home by a young man who was burglarizing their place. The victim’s son, who is an attorney, and his sister requested the prosecution take the death penalty off the table because the family could not bear the thought of years of appeals and collateral attacks (ineffective assistance of counsel, etc). Not unusual for the perp to die in prison given delay in execution.

I thought the neighbor just turned it over to LE. Also, red shirt has no relevance.

In various reports, LE claimed they had the video for about a couple of weeks iirc. Given the amount of the reward, I’d imagine a lot of LE’s available manpower was actively devoted to all the tips coming in at the same time. And also dealing with people coming forward regarding LE’s ask that anyone in the area of the 5 locations between 5 and 10pm contact them. After the process of elimination, the black Malibu circling would’ve ranked high in suspicious but we don’t know how many other unidentufued vehicles LE also we’re investigating. Me personally, given the complexity, I think LE did a remarkable job in the depth of their investigation.

I did not write that the red shirt is currently relevant.

I would think he would do it the first chance he had. Like right after knocking her on the head. If that's what he did.
That wouldn’t explain the ping and the pig farm. I think he just blitzed her, took her without regard to her having a phone in her possession. And if he was truthful she was in the trunk then she was incapable of calling 911 or she would have IMO.

Three of my former husband’s friends were gunned down in their home by a young man who was burglarizing their place. The victim’s son, who is an attorney, and his sister requested the prosecution take the death penalty off the table because the family could not bear the thought of years of appeals and collateral attacks (ineffective assistance of counsel, etc). Not unusual for the perp to die in prison given delay in execution.
Exactly. Some states actually carry out the death penalty with some efficiency, but in most cases, the offender will die of natural causes (California for instance).

Yeah, I guess. But every time I see the words multiple sharp force injuries I just think of someone in a frenzy stabbing over and over.
I agree that is my first thoughts too. then I thought about exaust fumes getting in the trunk and hopeing she passed before.

I don't believe he involved his family in this. His uncle said CR spent a lot of time at his home during family gatherings. I wonder if they live near where Mollie ran. As far as washing off blood. Farms have hoses to wash off dirt/blood/muck.

Yes a possibility.

Yeah, I guess. But every time I see the words multiple sharp force injuries I just think of someone in a frenzy stabbing over and over.

Oh I think there was blood and a lot of it. He found Mollie's headphones in his lap when he came out of his haze? They were probably stuck to his clothing as bad as that sounds.

He headed to the nearest swimming hole or hose to clean up. I'm sure he did the cleanup in the dark at some place he knew would be safe.

Or perhaps he just went home, showered and burned his clothing. If he did that belts and shoes should be examined. I don't know if they burn or if a person in his circumstances would burn them. Wash them off and hope for the best.

It supposedly pinged near the pig farm which was “somewhat close” to where they found her. Probably was still in her arm band and he never gave thought to it imo. Which means his story is BS which I expected.

Right, because if she threatened to call 911 the first thing he would most likely do is get it away from her.

I agree that is my first thoughts too. then I thought about exaust fumes getting in the trunk and hopeing she passed before.
If the cause of death was stabbing, as appears to be the case, the best we could hope for is that she was unconscious from a head blow. Cars don’t typically leak carbon monoxide into the trunk, especially modern ones.

Trust me, the employer found a way to write it off as an employee expense. I agree it appears in disrepair. Who is he going to complain to?

Found this info on the living arrangements, sorry if posted already

The couple — along with her husband’s brother Craig Lang and his wife — own farmland outside Brooklyn that includes trailers where some of the dairy’s employees live for free as a benefit of their employment, farm spokeswoman Eileen Wixted confirmed.

She said Rivera lived there for the duration of his employment, and about half of the farm’s other 10 workers do so as well.

Under the arrangement, the farming company pays the couples to rent the land but workers do not have to pay, she said.

The Man Accused of Killing Mollie Tibbetts Lived on Land Owned by GOP Fundraiser

I believe our justice system has leaned so far to protect the guilty that the innocent victims hardly have a chance. But I'm sure that's a discussion for another time. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member