Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if they did. I think a more likely defense (if it even goes to trial) would be that it was not him at all - cast doubt on evidence and forensics.
I doubt either one would work, honestly. He led them straight to the body. How do you explain your way out of that?

We know where her mom lives, and we know where the CCTV of Mollie and suspect car is. We can see that they are close to each other.

I believe it was her mother who said that she typically jogs for 45 minutes, and Mollie texted her mom at 7:30 before going for a run. I'm basing this on information that has been posted on this discussion, but feel free to update this information.

These are assumptions based on information, some of which has been "walked back" by LE.
Additional assumptions are being made based on a 7:45-8:28 time frame on the warrant.
It is also being assumed that LE relied on one specific video, rather than a number of videos in which they may or may not of pieced together a timeline.
It is being assumed that her TOD is 8:28.

These assumptions are not necessarily fact. They are simply a part of LE's timeline.

ETA: Brooklyn is a town of 1500 people. All the places are relatively close to her mother's home "relatively" speaking.

Last edited:
How long would it take to drive from the spot the body was found to the car wash?

Here’s a follow up to my last possible jogging route ...this route that doubles back on 385. A little shorter at 6.35 miles.

Attachments

• A6E61C1E-628B-44FD-A226-9133C82799D1.jpeg
    A6E61C1E-628B-44FD-A226-9133C82799D1.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 17
So, if we are to believe that Mollie died of multiple sharp-force injuries in the 1900 block of 385th Avenue no later than 8:28 p.m. - which is how the affidavit is interpreted by some - then it follows that whatever sexual motive led to Mollie's attack suddenly gave way to a rage killing.

Or that MT died of a closed head injury at the time of abduction (CR reported a head wound) and CR stabbed her multiple times post-mortem because he could not get what he wanted, her participation and fear. There's your sexual motive for the stabbing, frustration. Closed head injury may not show up 5 weeks post-mortem as a definitive COD, but sternal and rib nicks will. ME went with what he can definitely prove as primary COD.

Or CR lost it, and stabbed her multiple times when she tried to boot him in the groin at the time of the abduction, because he already had the knife in his hand. Not a black out, but a red out.

Or he had to stab her in the trunk, because he could not control the wildcat MT fighting for her life. No blood left at abduction site.

Pick a scenario. The heck with Oscar's Razor, Stuff happens!

In Mollie’s memory, I’ve browsed her public Twitter and she was such an amazing woman.

A few highlights of her amazing soul:

Mollie adored her Dad. States apart, they’d look at the same moon together and he’d text her.
94147302-0274-43E7-B7F4-9C69A9F92D15.jpeg
AFD927E9-52C0-4F37-BA5C-67CE87D63785.jpeg

Mollie was a vocal #MeToo supporter and retweeted that NO means NO
33C3AADB-E58A-419E-984C-03E9704E953E.jpeg

Mollie was caring, the “go to” if you had a problem you’d want to talk about, and had big dreams to become a psychologist. This is someone who would have made a huge difference in this world. Mollie wanted to help the hurting, fight against injustice, and stand up for women.
D048BFCC-DC89-42FD-B523-683E6932F892.jpeg

I may post more in her memory later. I followed her case from day one and it has touched me because I am very similar in ways to Mollie and so are my peers. It’s important that people honor Mollie’s memory by getting to know who she was and on her behalf, support what she cared about in this world.

Attachments

• 8B42EAAC-F4FA-4DCE-A25A-2B35C2FE0806.jpeg
    8B42EAAC-F4FA-4DCE-A25A-2B35C2FE0806.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 29
Ain’t no free. We have a citrus farm town north of here. They live 10-20 in a home kind of like a dorm that they pay for. The farmers own the grocery stores, gas stations and any other comfort we take for granted. Let’s not pretend these people have an edge we don’t. Maybe where you are this is not the case but yes I live in the US as a college educated person and this is still reality for others.
I don't think anyone was insinuating that "these people" have an edge on us. My point, as a matter of fact, is that employers may be taking advantage of their employees by supplying (and isolating) their employees. If one is supplied work, salary, housing, and transportation, it is very easy to lose/hide the employees' identities.

I don't think anyone was insinuating that "these people" have an edge on us. My point, as a matter of fact, is that employers may be taking advantage of their employees by supplying (and isolating) their employees. If one is supplied work, salary, housing, and transportation, it is very easy to lose/hide the employees' identities.
I agree. I’m sorry it came across otherwise.

Just to be clear: LE can lie to the public. LE cannot lie to a judge. Your warrant application is submitted under penalty of perjury. Whatever was written in the warrant affidavit was believed by the officers at the time they submitted the affidavit. And I don't mean "We believe it, wink wink." It's a formal legal document and part of the public record of a case. LEOs have been fired and brought up on charges for making misrepresentations in warrant applications and it's always a big scandal for the department.

That said, it is what LE reasonably believes at that moment. Evidence can come up later in the investigation that disproves what LE believed at that moment. But you are swearing and testifying that what you say is true. If there is a piece of evidence you aren't sure of, or something you can't support with evidence, you leave it out. It is perfectly fine to establish the minimum case that establishes probable cause. You don't have to disclose every fact and piece of evidence you have at this initial stage.

And I'm thinking that DCI's Rick Rahn doesn't feel like revealing crucial information re: either the iPhone *or* the FitBit... (much as *we* on WS would like to know those details). After all, if they (LE/DCI/FBI) were already receiving info. from either manufacturer (iPhone or FitBit) that had been subpoenaed, giving away such valuable information to what potentially was a worldwide (via the Internet, etc.) audience would likely not help the legal team on Mollie's side. In retrospect, am very glad that R. Rahn remained tight-lipped! Justice for Mollie!

Ain’t no free. We have a citrus farm town north of here. They live 10-20 in a home kind of like a dorm that they pay for. The farmers own the grocery stores, gas stations and any other comfort we take for granted. Let’s not pretend these people have an edge we don’t. Maybe where you are this is not the case but yes I live in the US as a college educated person and this is still reality for others.
The press stated that it was rent free; the employers must of given them that info.

I'm kind of curious. What makes anybody think he went elsewhere to shower? Why wouldn't he go home? I can't see him going to any public place. I can see him heading to a swimming hole and taking a dip. It's Summertime and nobody would think that was strange. I can see him using a hose and saying he was hot. I just can't see him walking into a truck stop or his Uncles's house with blood on him. I think he went home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214