Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this has to do with his physical appearance - people consider him as attractive and it is hard for them to believe that such an "handsome guy" who seemed so loving and caring on SW's videos could do this to his family? In their heads there must have been something that provoked him to "snap". Because Disney made us believe that "handsome guys" are always the good ones. People now try to blame it on his "bossy" wife who made sooo many mistakes and mistreated him soooo badly. They pick on every little piece they find online to confirm their presumptions. I'm feeling really bad for her because I truly believe that she was just a normal human being and she made mistakes so we do. But now she can not talk for herself anymore and her name is dragged through the dirt which makes me really sad for her family.

How is her name being dragged through the dirt if she is a normal person?

What I am saying are things that may bother him so he grew to hate her. Someone else may have been perfectly fine. Take the Khardashian girls. They love to sell and their SOs go along with it.

It appears that he was not the type. People who knew him said he was shy and quiet. Would he have killed a woman who was more compatible ? Maybe yes, maybe no.

He has to have a really strange thing in him to kill. Did she make him? Of course not. But that does not mean he did not grow to hate her. Obviously, he did. His twisted being.

“Family annihilators "are driven to kill their family for a number of reasons," Garrett said. "Many times it's for financial problems. And the belief is that men, in particular, will kill their family because they have lost their ability to support them. And it gets into the male ego identity.

"Losing identity is the key component here.”

Family annihilators don't typically think through the end result -- potentially being arrested -- instead focusing on "the immediate need and gain of the moment," Garrett said.

But "family annihilators are never spontaneous," he said, adding that the crimes are premeditated and build up over week or months.

In a vast majority of family annihilation cases, Garrett said, the suspect either commits suicide or confesses.

"Like anybody else that commits some horrible, horrendous act, and they do it based on emotion and immediate need or gain," after arrested, he or she confesses because "they see the reality of what they're facing" and often creates an "alternative version of what happened."“

When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'

So, ruining the myth and magic was necessary? We'll agree to disagree.
There was no myth and magic in that video. It was a bust. And Dad could've stopped it and comforted those girls. Hell (if that's allowed)I wanted to watching it and they aren't my babies. Moms overwhelmed, kids are freaked out, pulll the plug comfort the kids and wife and call it a night.

He was emotionally disengaged. all jmo

Last edited:
He didn’t say anything at all. No “Hey Bella, it’s okay! I’ve brought you some presents! Wanna see?”. He really just says nothing. No words of comfort.

And just like the video of Celeste’s tantrum, it’s only pointed out that SW ignores her tantrums even though CW is *right there* also ignoring her tantrum.

I don’t read much into the videos myself, they seemed like a normal, imperfect but loving family to me. I just find it odd that some chose to vilify only SW in judging their parenting while CW got a free pass for the same thing
We must have watched different Santa videos because the one I saw, CW tried to engage Bella and she wanted nothing to do with him. JMO

Could it be possible that the kids would have gotten out of bed at all when she got home to see Mommy? Have a snack maybe? Got to the bathroom? Or do you think she would only just go in to kiss them and say goodnight and the kids would not want to wake up, and if they did, mom would say no, go back to bed?

I believe she was gone one or two nights at the most. I would not want to risk waking my kids up and then trying to get them back to sleep when everyone would be waking up soon for,the day anyway

And I don't believe that she was thinking that she 'losing everything.' If she truly felt that way, she would have been inconsolable, visibly upset and worried, before she arrived back home. Instead, she told people she saw changes in her husband---he was detached and distant. And she told her best friend she would need more support soon because of what she knew was ahead. She didn't cry and freak and say ' oh NO, I'm about to lose everything..'

We've seen the last few pics before her flight home when she was with "her people". She's either a fabulous actress or was comfortable with any decision she may have made regarding a possible separation. CW said he initiated the conversation that night but I believe if anyone did, it would have been her. That said, I don't believe there was conversation at all.

Dear @MassGuy (my quotes aren’t working right, sorry!) - you said:

“I absolutely agree. There is no way that he would have allowed Shanann to see the bodies of her dead children. Not because he had an ounce of compassion, but because he wouldn’t risk the complete destruction of his plan. ”

I have to be honest, my very first thought when I heard all 3 were dead was that *no way* he killed those little girls & didn’t get the “mileage” out of rubbing that in SW’s face, to torment her!!

I will admit, however, that since this time, I’ve begun wondering if all is “as it seems”. Perhaps it is...but I’m reserving judgment until we see the evidence begin speaking.
We do see that type of thing (killing loved ones in front of the primary victim as punishment), but I don’t think that is the case here.

I think the main reason that this crime was committed, was because he wanted to be “free.”

This was about achieving that end, and sadistic pleasure likely wasn’t an element of it. In fact, it would have been particularly dangerous in regards to achieving his primary goal.

Had this crime been committed with a gun, I would perhaps be (very) slightly open to the “torment” possibility. But I just don’t see his motive, as being about that, even if the murders were precipitated by rage. It would just be too risky anyways.

“Geragos, who’s not working for Watts, represented Scott Peterson, who was notoriously convicted in 2004 of killing his pregnant wife, Laci.

"Look at the hurdles he's got right now: pleading for them to return ... an extramarital affair, you have a story that evolves or changes. That's going to be a problem," Geragos told "Good Morning America" of Watts. "His lawyer is going to have his hands full explaining why the story morphs."

Geragos thinks Watts' defense attorneys will also consult experts who can discuss the "psychological underpinnings of what was going on if, in fact, he's going to stick to his story that he saw the wife doing the strangling."“

When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'

Dear @MassGuy (my quotes aren’t working right, sorry!) - you said:

“I absolutely agree. There is no way that he would have allowed Shanann to see the bodies of her dead children. Not because he had an ounce of compassion, but because he wouldn’t risk the complete destruction of his plan. ”

I have to be honest, my very first thought when I heard all 3 were dead was that *no way* he killed those little girls & didn’t get the “mileage” out of rubbing that in SW’s face, to torment her!!

I will admit, however, that since this time, I’ve begun wondering if all is “as it seems”. Perhaps it is...but I’m reserving judgment until we see the evidence begin speaking.

There seems to be much more to this case than what I initially thought. I'm looking forward to getting more information and evidence. Until I do - I just can't say one way or another. jmo

Oh it happens. Just never like this.

His story is utter nonsense.

You want to know what it sounds like when someone's insane, rejected wife kills their kids in the presence of the husband? Here you go:

Yep.

This is what passes the “common sense” test.

This is how a normal, reasonable person responds to extraordinary circumstances.

What CW did defies all logic.

“But I cannot look at these two people and say they stand on equal ground as suspects in what happened that night. JMO.“

My guess is that the police would agree with this as well, jmo.
Quite.

'Absolutely No Evidence' Shan'ann Watts Killed Her Daughters: Police Source

A source close to the investigation tells PEOPLE that Chris’ alleged defense is not plausible.

“There is absolutely no evidence that she killed her children,” the source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “None at all. And there is physical evidence to tie him to their murders. Strangulation is a very personal way to kill someone, with a lot of physical contact. Just based on the preliminary evidence, everything is consistent with him killing them all.”

@Layla123 I want to be clear here and I think I have always inferred this in my posts that what I posted was not me stating in any form that any of these possibilities are true, I was simply surmising that this could be what CW perceived to be true in his mind. I don't condone anything that CW did that morning or since.

BBM:
Maybe CW was finally speaking up and he no longer wanted to be disingenuous about what he wanted or didn't want in their marriage.
I don’t know what CW’s trip is. He’s done so many things that only a person with a very low character and standard of integrity would do. I can’t imagine the hubris that would allow someone the audacity to get his whole community out searching for his missing family when he knew it was a lie. He encroached on every single one of their lives. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Even if he is found innocent for Bella and CeCe’s murder, I still hope he is put in jail for a very long time for the evil he’s done.

Oh it happens. Just never like this.

His story is utter nonsense.

You want to know what it sounds like when someone's insane, rejected wife kills their kids in the presence of the husband? Here you go:

Lord have mercy. @gitana1, I guess thank you is not the right thing to say but that was horribly on point.

I do feel that way. Moreover I feel that the criticism against SW has often been so general that it has crossed over into making some of us who are parents on here feel uncomfortable.(Note I said "some.") Many of the same things SW has been criticized for, for instance, are things that I commonly do with my own kids so seeing these things followed by insinuations that she is a bad parent or, worse, abusive to her children makes me cringe. She has been criticized for the number of videos she made, the manner in which she has reacted to her children's tantrums, the way in which she has spoken to her husband, pushing her children to interact with a Santa Claus that they are leery of, the way in which she has decorated her house, the way in which she has organized her belongings, her closet, her vehicle, etc. If she makes posts about how much she loves her husband, how grateful she is to have him, then she's criticized for over compensating and been "fake." If she, as the director, gives him instructions in a video or makes what I think is a light-hearted jab at him, however, then she is "bossy" or "verbally abusive."

She has a serious illness that I know, from personal experience, can be debilitating. I know MANY people who have all but given up on life and now do very little with themselves because of it. SW has been criticized for going on Thrive trips (even though her husband often accompanied her), for the kind of job she had (you may not like MLMs, but it was still her job), the amount of housework she boasted of doing...She took her children across the country and spent 5 weeks with them without her husband (while pregnant), and yet she's been criticized for leaving them with him for 2 nights while she went to Arizona.

So yes, sometimes it does feel like a free for all. I've been a member on here for almost 5 years. In the ghostwriting business, I've been involved with quite a few murder cases. I don't think I've ever seen any victim as analyzed as SW. Indeed, she is often the topic of conversation more than her husband.
Could not have said it better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member