Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up to my doorbell camera post from Thread #28 about how, IMO, the front doorbell camera looks strikingly similar to a Vivint Doorbell Camera.

When viewing an image that includes CW/SW's front door keypad lock as shown in this FB post by SW, the lock seems to match, IMO, a door lock also sold by Vivint, as part of a Vivint Smart Home package (see Vivint Smart Lock (910) Support webpage). Apparently the same company also offers “Garage Door Control” but I wasn’t able to find a photo showing CW/SW’s garage door keypad or opener, and therefore wasn’t able to compare it here.

IMO, if the front door key pad was actively used in the household, it’s interesting to consider the capabilities of this technology with everything we know about this case.

From the above Vivint Support site, I've noted some key features:

Vivint Smart Door Lock (910)
  • Lock or unlock the front door anywhere from the mobile app on a smartphone
  • Receive alerts to your mobile device if the door is left unlocked
  • Receive notifications when someone enters your home
  • User Codes can be set up, which is a unique code that can be given to a family member or neighbor. When assigned to someone, you can get an email or text to alert you when that person unlocks your door.
AFAIK, we don’t know for a fact which brands and types of security devices CW/SW may have had in the household. We also don’t know which ones, if any, would have even been active or in use at the time. The above thoughts are based on my speculation only, and MOO.

Sorry but I don't see how CW revealing himself to be Daddy would help the girls who obviously believed in the Santa myth. I think such an unveiling at that point might have resulted in more tears. JMO

He didn’t say anything at all. No “Hey Bella, it’s okay! I’ve brought you some presents! Wanna see?”. He really just says nothing. No words of comfort.

And just like the video of Celeste’s tantrum, it’s only pointed out that SW ignores her tantrums even though CW is *right there* also ignoring her tantrum.

I don’t read much into the videos myself, they seemed like a normal, imperfect but loving family to me. I just find it odd that some chose to vilify only SW in judging their parenting while CW got a free pass for the same thing

I do feel that way. Moreover I feel that the criticism against SW has often been so general that it has crossed over into making some of us who are parents on here feel uncomfortable.(Note I said "some.") Many of the same things SW has been criticized for, for instance, are things that I commonly do with my own kids so seeing these things followed by insinuations that she is a bad parent or, worse, abusive to her children makes me cringe. She has been criticized for the number of videos she made, the manner in which she has reacted to her children's tantrums, the way in which she has spoken to her husband, pushing her children to interact with a Santa Claus that they are leery of, the way in which she has decorated her house, the way in which she has organized her belongings, her closet, her vehicle, etc. If she makes posts about how much she loves her husband, how grateful she is to have him, then she's criticized for over compensating and been "fake." If she, as the director, gives him instructions in a video or makes what I think is a light-hearted jab at him, however, then she is "bossy" or "verbally abusive."

She has a serious illness that I know, from personal experience, can be debilitating. I know MANY people who have all but given up on life and now do very little with themselves because of it. SW has been criticized for going on Thrive trips (even though her husband often accompanied her), for the kind of job she had (you may not like MLMs, but it was still her job), the amount of housework she boasted of doing...She took her children across the country and spent 5 weeks with them without her husband (while pregnant), and yet she's been criticized for leaving them with him for 2 nights while she went to Arizona.

So yes, sometimes it does feel like a free for all. I've been a member on here for almost 5 years. In the ghostwriting business, I've been involved with quite a few murder cases. I don't think I've ever seen any victim as analyzed as SW. Indeed, she is often the topic of conversation more than her husband.

No one knows what kind of parenting skills anyone has on WS so nothing said is personal to anyone on here.

The acrions that I am concerned about because of thirty years of teaching and training that is required to keep a license as well as training for teachers to do a better job, are those that have been identified as things that need a different approach .

Because doctors can do brain scans, they know how certain things affect children and adults even at the cellular level.

There is so much great iinformation out there nowadays, We know that putting children in a corner with a dunce hat is not a good plan. We know so much more than that today and probably more everyday.

No one knows what kind of parenting skills anyone has on WS so nothing said is personal to anyone on here.

The acrions that I am concerned about because of thirty years of teaching and training that is required to keep a license as well as training for teachers to do a better job, are those that have been identified as things that need a different approach .

Because doctors can do brain scans, they know how certain things affect children and adults even at the cellular level.

There is so much great iinformation out there nowadays, We know that putting children in a corner with a dunce hat is not a good plan. We know so much more than that today and probably more everyday.
Yes, but you are coming from your experience. Not many young parents have your experience and education.
We all make some mistakes as parents, we would not be human otherwise.

Sorry if repost:
(ETA: I see PimmyMommy posted this already in the media thread so I’m sure she likely posted it as well here too:

Murder Suspect Chris Watts Made His Startling Confession 'After Speaking with His Dad': Police
September 22, 2018

“First, according to police, Chris, 33, said he and Shan’ann, 34, had a “civil” but “emotional” conversation about him wanting to separate after nearly six years of marriage.

This was around 5 a.m. on Aug. 13, after Shan’ann had returned from a weekend work trip in Arizona. About 5:30 a.m., Chris said, he loaded his truck and went to work with his wife still in bed.

Later he corrected himself: The conversation about their marriage was at 4 a.m. and “they were both upset and crying.”“

This isn’t a parenting board. Advice now is moot, the children are dead. She might not have done everything perfectly, but nor did she do anything out of the ordinary that millions of other parents across the nation aren’t doing. People have different views on child rearing, I fail to see the relevance here in relation to murder.

I don't think that anything she did was equal to putting a dunce cap on a kid and putting them in a corner. JMO

Gitana1 do you have an opinion as to why one hasn't take s this case up yet? Do you think one will? Sorry if you've answered this and I missed it.

No. I think this is the kind of case they love. It gives them publicity. They showboat. They don't care if they win. They just care about the spectacle they create, IMO.

I'm not sure why none has come forward. Maybe they've quoted monies the family is trying to gather or can't come up with. Sometimes they will do it for free or ask the state to pay part of the fees (casey anthony for example).

Who knows who the family is talking to behind the scenes. Or what they might be selling or mortgaging to get their golden boy a high profile team.

In the meantime, his PD's are fighting hard and smart, IMO.

CW is not hurting for lack of quality representation.

Sorry but I don't see how CW revealing himself to be Daddy would help the girls who obviously believed in the Santa myth. I think such an unveiling at that point might have resulted in more tears. JMO
They may have stopped crying and being panicked, Shanann may have not been so stressed, and the event would have been over.

To me they did not believe in those moments in "the Santa myth"... that is the jolly guy who brings good kids gifts. Seeing him in Daddy role may have helped. jmo

Dear @MassGuy (my quotes aren’t working right, sorry!) - you said:

“I absolutely agree. There is no way that he would have allowed Shanann to see the bodies of her dead children. Not because he had an ounce of compassion, but because he wouldn’t risk the complete destruction of his plan. ”

I have to be honest, my very first thought when I heard all 3 were dead was that *no way* he killed those little girls & didn’t get the “mileage” out of rubbing that in SW’s face, to torment her!!

I will admit, however, that since this time, I’ve begun wondering if all is “as it seems”. Perhaps it is...but I’m reserving judgment until we see the evidence begin speaking.

No. I think this is the kind of case they love. It gives them publicity. They showboat. They don't care if they win. They just care about the spectacle they create, IMO.

I'm not sure why none has come forward. Maybe they've quoted monies the family is trying to gather or can't come up with. Sometimes they will do it for free or ask the state to pay part of the fees (casey anthony for example).

Who knows who the family is talking to behind the scenes. Or what they might be selling or mortgaging to get their golden boy a high profile team.

In the meantime, his PD's are fighting hard and smart, IMO.

CW is not hurting for lack of quality representation.
Thank you for your insight! Such a disturbing case.

Certain the golden boy isn't feeling so golden now. jmo

No case is exactly the same as the next. Susan Smith's boyfriend had rejected her. Marilyn Lemak's husband had already moved out of the house. It won't surprise me if SW killed her children in this case. Rejection has resulted in violence in too many cases to pretend it never happens. JMO

Oh it happens. Just never like this.

His story is utter nonsense.

You want to know what it sounds like when someone's insane, rejected wife kills their kids in the presence of the husband? Here you go:

If all that that you say is true, then in my opinion C.W. is a very weak man. Not a man, a child. Not only did he destroy his life, he destroyed hers. If you have a problem you don’t fake it, you speak up. You can’t have a functioning marriage if you don’t. I don’t sympathize with him. With all the positive things SW said about him, how could he possibly say he did nothing right in her eyes? And that little girl singing, “My Daddy is a hero?” What father wouldn’t melt after seeing his daughter sing that song to him? We can’t blame SW for being disappointed in him. I wouldn’t want to have to live on $60,000 per year with 2 kids.. I’d be pushing my husband, too, and myself.

@Layla123 I want to be clear here and I think I have always inferred this in my posts that what I posted was not me stating in any form that any of these possibilities are true, I was simply surmising that this could be what CW perceived to be true in his mind. I don't condone anything that CW did that morning or since.

BBM:
Maybe CW was finally speaking up and he no longer wanted to be disingenuous about what he wanted or didn't want in their marriage.

Since it would not surprise you if SW killed her children, I would love to hear your thoughts on the defense. How do they explain away that they both lost their minds in a rage to murder in one night? That he dumped not only his beloved children but his only evidence to prove his innocence in tanks of crude oil? That he sent texts and called his dead wife that morning? That he asked us, the public, to commit resources to find his missing family when he knew they were dead? That he showed no signs of despair and grief? That he committed to do multiple media interviews to lie? Who is innocent and commits very serious felonies to cover up for their innocence?

Yes similar to the Casey Anthony case: Why make an "accident" look like a murder? And in this case, why no saving your family if your wife suddenly went into a rage and murdered your children? Why kill her and your unborn child instead and then cover it all up and destroy their bodies? Why go on tv the next day and wear a shirt your wife bought you. The wife who just killed your children. If SW really did buy that shirt for him and I believe she probably did, what would make him wake up that morning after these murders and see that shirt, which would no doubt bring up memories of when and how she gave it to him and then memories of how that same woman just murdered your kids and then put that shirt on your body instead of probably a dozen other things you could wear? He says she killed them and he was so angry and in such a rage he killed her in retaliation, yet chooses that particular shirt. Is the shirt he wore in an interview great evidence that proves the case? Of course not but it also doesn't make much sense. There are always suprises in cases and I will be humbled if I end up being wrong about this case but most of the time a duck is a duck and common sense prevails. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0