Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd take a fresh look at the CCTV and is anyone else struck by how short the person in the CCTV looks? i.e. barely the height of a 4ft 8in car?

Could be the angle I guess but not to the extent seen here. Someone said he appears ~5ft 9in at court which should mean literally being head and shoulders taller than that car when stood next to it.

When you lock and unlock that Astra he has, you use a button on the key itself.

When you press the lock button once, the indicators will flash once not 4 times, once only.

When you unlock it by using the unlock button on the key, the indicators will flash once only too, not twice or more.

For them to have flashed 4 times in succession means he has repeatedly locked and unlocked the car by pressing the lock and unlock button on the key twice each - that really makes me wonder why he did that because there's point at all.

Unless he is doing that to signal something to someone. It's not the hazard lights either.

( EDITED to add this )

If he repeatedly pressed the lock button, the car won't keep locking because it's already locked. If he presses the lock button as above, one flash of the indicators but if he does it again it will NOT flash the indicators because the car is already locked.

One flash of the indicators per lock or unlock activation.
I hear you, but I pretty much always press my buttons more than I need to. It's almost a tick. I press, then can't remember if I did it, so I press again. I think it could be just a kind of nervous tick.

Thought I'd take a fresh look at the CCTV and is anyone else struck by how short the person in the CCTV looks? i.e. barely the height of a 4ft 8in car?

Could be the angle I guess but not to the extent seen here. Someone said he appears ~5ft 9in at court which should mean literally being head and shoulders taller than that car when stood next to it.

How does the passenger getting in look heightwise in comparison? Sorry to ask .

I'm quite shall it's the cctv doing this plus i believe it's the same man walking on Oak Rd at 2.34 that night.

Attachments

• Untitled 10.jpeg
    Untitled 10.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 67
I think it could be the angle. And thet fact he's quite stocky.

I have to admit that the more I look at the first part (still can't watch the second) the more it looks like PR. Especially the part where he looks down the road to the corner. But whether that's my mind playing tricks or not I couldn't say.

I know the driver is standing on the kerb but now I've had a look after you say that, he/she doesn't look much taller than me and I'm 5ft 2.
ETA Yeah, it could be the angle, I can look even shorter at funny angles in photos.

When you lock and unlock that Astra he has, you use a button on the key itself.

When you press the lock button once, the indicators will flash once not 4 times, once only.

When you unlock it by using the unlock button on the key, the indicators will flash once only too, not twice or more.

For them to have flashed 4 times in succession means he has repeatedly locked and unlocked the car by pressing the lock and unlock button on the key twice each - that really makes me wonder why he did that because there's point at all.

Unless he is doing that to signal something to someone. It's not the hazard lights either.

( EDITED to add this )

If he repeatedly pressed the lock button, the car won't keep locking because it's already locked. If he presses the lock button as above, one flash of the indicators but if he does it again it will NOT flash the indicators because the car is already locked.

One flash of the indicators per lock or unlock activation.
Oh, this refutes my other reply. Sorry. Is this particular to Astras then? Because I'm pretty sure my Ford flashes for every press.

Sorry if this had been discussed before but I've just realized we don't see him initially get out of the car do we. The footage starts with him coming towards it from the corner and looking back to the corner. So we've no idea how long he's been there. Could he have approached the corner initially and been put off by grey beard and then gone back?

How does the passenger getting in look heightwise in comparison? Sorry to ask .

It is even harder to see the passenger, Jessie as they are completely covered by the spiderweb when standing outside the car....

Just one of those questions that most likely will not be answered (at least anytime soon).

Sorry if this had been discussed before but I've just realized we don't see him initially get out of the car do we. The footage starts with him coming towards it from the corner and looking back to the corner. So we've no idea how long he's been there. Could he have approached the corner initially and been put off by grey beard and then gone back?

He was there 20 minutes so arrived roughly 11.49pm.

If the other car seen leaving from Haworth St is involved ,as has been suggested,( I think we can safely assume it was also seen on a cctv source somewhere along its journey from parked at Hayworh to Cott Rd left/right) then why was PR the only person arrested?

Was this other car possibly a Megane? Probably not connected, but one reported to police abandoned in Melton. Not far from the Old Drain. Don't know how accessible that is, if still in use?

Last edited:
I agree but who was he with.LS. or a male. This is the question.?

IMO
He is helping a female get into the car because of the way I can barely see him helping someone get in that other side of his car before he comes around to the curb driver side to plop himself down and drive away.

The time he spends on the other side helping the person get in tells me it has to be a female because I doubt he would help a guy friend get in his car.

If you try to ignore the spider web you can kind of see a little bit of what is going on on the far side of the car.

Oh no, are you saying he could be one of seven!?

I drive a Vauxhall Corsa and force of habit makes me press the lock/unlock a few times when I’m getting in and out. The indicators flash every time I press no matter whether already locked/unlocked so could be the same here??

Yes me too. Although not driving a Corsa. I do feel like I'm a weirdo for doing it so didn't want to say :D

I appreciate everybody's viewpoints and wouldn't normally rule ANYTHING out because I know the weirdest and most unexpected situations can occur, however, I think looking at this as possibly a 'signal' is far too ummm I don't want to say ridiculous

Going back to the spider cctv.

To me the four flashes looks like two cars being opened at the same time!? Also, I know I’ve said before, but it does really look to me like Astra man talks to someone over the roof of his car, just before the other car drives off.
It looks like he's talking while sitting in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member