Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the security light switch on when you stood at the blue gates?

Lol broken quotes syndrome...! That wasn't my post...

I can go back and check...

Lol I'm gonna get picked up by the roz soon, I've been all over every significant spot in this case for the last three weeks! There are some CCTV operators who will have got me standing in my hivis pointing a camera at their camera as it looks down at me! I was around the pond at practically first light the first morning after the cordon had been removed... when it suddenly dawned on me that maybe the Police were playing a game with the REAL suspect, making a big fuss of the pond area, cordon it off, make him sweat, then move the cordon away... wait as the real killer comes back to retrieve something...!

Because this has been transferred to crown court will the 11th just be a plea hearing again or because he made his plea at the magistrates will it go straight to trial? I'm debating if I should attend but if it's just going to be a plea then I may wait.

If he changes his plea to guilty am I right in thinking it automatically reduces any sentence by 1/3?

Lol broken quotes syndrome...! That wasn't my post...

I can go back and check...

Lol I'm gonna get picked up by the roz soon, I've been all over every significant spot in this case for the last three weeks! There are some CCTV operators who will have got me standing in my hivis pointing a camera at their camera as it looks down at me! I was around the pond at practically first light the first morning after the cordon had been removed... when it suddenly dawned on me that maybe the Police were playing a game with the REAL suspect, making a big fuss of the pond area, cordon it off, make him sweat, then move the cordon away... wait as the real killer comes back to retrieve something...!

It will totally be worth it though.

Your videos and photos have been invaluable.

We will all visit you.

I would guess that they try not to dwell on it and just focus on the practicalities of the job.

Yeah, I generally always stop and talk to coppers on the street. And I've always stopped to talk to coppers I've seen in and around the park. There is a marked difference in their engagement, which is probably obvious, while dealing with a live case, their training kicks in... but absolutely non of them I've spoken to have given anything away, except to confirm what I can obviously already see them doing, I've tried to ask them "Do you think she's in the park?" etc, but non of them will be drawn at all, not even an off the record personal opinion. They are happy to talk about their work, and about the public knowledge aspects and the public opinion... but no actual information from them.

Again, that will be down to training, to lock data and information into a one direction flow only, it will be second nature.

But, reading between the lines, the humans inside the uniform clearly have a concern. Don't forget it is part of their daily job to deal with the most horrific things we don't even want to think about, so yeah, I will say I am reading some genuine concern/worry/anxiety/emotion from them while they work...

Regardless of mine and others opinions of the force/farce as a whole, and it's management/strategic approach, my reading of it is that the boots on the ground are really trying, but I feel they too are just missing... something... so their searches appear a bit noncommittal and random. Like trying to find that first hit on battleships.

I think they are genuinely lost... and I do think this bothers them, down at a personal level. From their responses with me so far I gather that A LOT of people are stopping them to talk about Libby.

I’m just returning from Paull. I stopped near the ferry area at the small carpark overlooking the river on the way and there are a lot of officers around. A rubber inflatable moving between ferry dock and down the Humber a bit. Looks like they are trawling the area. At Paull a lot of officers but they seem to be waiting rather than looking.

They were back today? In bigger numbers than yesterday?

I watched a programme on telly recently showing the police using sonar equipment when searching for bodies underwater. They go along the surface of the water in very methodical patterns with the machine filming what's going on below and then come ashore to examine what they've filmed. There seems to be a lot of waiting about because if something shows up on the footage, they need to compare it to footage taken previously to see if the object is 'new' and they study the shape and position etc. before deciding to send divers down.

Agreed, although I'm aware that many LE are affected by tragedies to the extent of needing counselling etc, a lot of professionals in the emergency services possess tbe ability to detach themselves from the emotion of the job. I'd say it's quite an important trait to have if you're in that sort of work.
Definitely. I used to have a neighbour who was a SOCO, and she would recount the most hideously gruesome anecdotes without turning a hair. Black humour also seems to help.

Going back to the spider cctv.

To me the four flashes looks like two cars being opened at the same time!? Also, I know I’ve said before, but it does really look to me like Astra man talks to someone over the roof of his car, just before the other car drives off.

The extra flashes are probably because he's already pressed the lock/unlock button and it's a repeat request. If I half already unlocked my car and press unlock again I get extra flashes and if I do it doubly for lock then it flashes for several seconds. If I'm with someone when I do it they usually ask what's wrong with my car. I have a Peugeot but I used to have a 2001 reg astra and it did it too. I'll bet it's the same.for this guy's car.

Going back to the spider cctv.

To me the four flashes looks like two cars being opened at the same time!? Also, I know I’ve said before, but it does really look to me like Astra man talks to someone over the roof of his car, just before the other car drives off.

When you lock and unlock that Astra he has, you use a button on the key itself.

When you press the lock button once, the indicators will flash once not 4 times, once only.

When you unlock it by using the unlock button on the key, the indicators will flash once only too, not twice or more.

For them to have flashed 4 times in succession means he has repeatedly locked and unlocked the car by pressing the lock and unlock button on the key twice each - that really makes me wonder why he did that because there's point at all.

Unless he is doing that to signal something to someone. It's not the hazard lights either.

( EDITED to add this )

If he repeatedly pressed the lock button, the car won't keep locking because it's already locked. If he presses the lock button as above, one flash of the indicators but if he does it again it will NOT flash the indicators because the car is already locked.

One flash of the indicators per lock or unlock activation.

When you lock and unlock that Astra he has, you use a button on the key itself.

When you press the lock button once, the indicators will flash once not 4 times, once only.

When you unlock it by using the unlock button on the key, the indicators will flash once only too, not twice or more.

For them to have flashed 4 times in succession means he has repeatedly locked and unlocked the car by pressing the lock and unlock button on the key twice each - that really makes me wonder why he did that because there's point at all.

Unless he is doing that to signal something to someone. It's not the hazard lights either.

( EDITED to add this )

If he repeatedly pressed the lock button, the car won't keep locking because it's already locked. If he presses the lock button as above, one flash of the indicators but if he does it again it will NOT flash the indicators because the car is already locked.

One flash of the indicators per lock or unlock activation.

Thanks for explaining. Hmmm it is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant