Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you lock and unlock that Astra he has, you use a button on the key itself.

When you press the lock button once, the indicators will flash once not 4 times, once only.

When you unlock it by using the unlock button on the key, the indicators will flash once only too, not twice or more.

For them to have flashed 4 times in succession means he has repeatedly locked and unlocked the car by pressing the lock and unlock button on the key twice each - that really makes me wonder why he did that because there's point at all.

Unless he is doing that to signal something to someone. It's not the hazard lights either.

( EDITED to add this )

If he repeatedly pressed the lock button, the car won't keep locking because it's already locked. If he presses the lock button as above, one flash of the indicators but if he does it again it will NOT flash the indicators because the car is already locked.

One flash of the indicators per lock or unlock activation.

It won't keep locking but doesn't it keep flashing? My Astra was the previous shape model and although repeating actions didn't make it attempt to lock again, it did trigger prolonged flashing (as if to say, you've already done this, bro). Do you have the same model of astra as him?

(Edited to correct spelling, phone hates me and can't seem to edit previous autocorrect fails)

Last edited:
I drive a Vauxhall Cora’s and force of habit makes me press the lock/unlock a few times when I’m getting in and out. The indicators flash every time I press no matter whether already locked/unlocked so could be the same here??

I used to have to do this on one of my cars due to the central locking mechanism failing on one door only. If I pressed it a few times it would eventually lock. Every time I hit the lock button the lights flashed.

If the other car seen leaving from Haworth St is involved ,as has been suggested,( I think we can safely assume it was also seen on a cctv source somewhere along its journey from parked at Hayworh to Cott Rd left/right) then why was PR the only person arrested?

If the other car seen leaving from Haworth St is involved ,as has been suggested,( I think we can safely assume it was also seen on a cctv source somewhere along its journey from parked at Hayworh to Cott Rd left/right) then why was PR the only person arrested?

Did the police ask all the people in that CCTV to come forward and has anything been heard about whether they did so. There was another car and a cyclist wasn't there?

I've only ever been able to look at the first part. I can't bring myself to look at the bit that might show Libby getting into the car.

PR was arrested on Wednesday night I think. Does anyone know how long it would have taken police to get an arrest and search warrant. It would be interesting to know how quickly he came to their attention. And how.

I drive a Vauxhall Corsa and force of habit makes me press the lock/unlock a few times when I’m getting in and out. The indicators flash every time I press no matter whether already locked/unlocked so could be the same here??

Yes the Astra is different and flashes once only as I mentioned. But this is on the 2004 / 2006 model Astra, newer ones after 2007 did repeat flashes per button push.

PR was arrested on Wednesday night I think. Does anyone know how long it would have taken police to get an arrest and search warrant. It would be interesting to know how quickly he came to their attention. And how.
No arrest warrant needed.

After arrest no search warrant needed in most cases.

As for how he came to their attention and how quickly, how long is a piece of string?

Yeh this is true.

Remember Angle News that cropped up recently and no one had heard of?

Just came across them:

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car - Angle News

I'm not quite understanding the write up for this footage. Is it me being thick?

At one point it says it shows man rolling a cigarette before driving away

In the next paragraph it says after smoking for three minutes the man leaves the car before returning two minutes later.

The CCTV released to the public is clearly edited, we don't see three minutes of smoking, but does this suggest he drove away and returned to the same spot to smoke thecigarette or is it just the way it's written with the first but being an overview? I'm confused.

I've checked with my Polish friend and he confirms they do indeed wear their wedding rings on the right hand.
I seem to remember my grandfather telling me that if you are Polish and become widowed it is old tradition to then wear your ring on the left hand.

I’m sure PR is right handed whatever, as he carries his child in his right arm, so presume this is his stronger arm. (It seems he uses that right hand a lot, it’s a wonder the right arm doesn’t resemble Popeyes)

Did the police ask all the people in that CCTV to come forward and has anything been heard about whether they did so. There was another car and a cyclist wasn't there?

I've only ever been able to look at the first part. I can't bring myself to look at the bit that might show Libby getting into the car.
I dont think the Police made any direct comment on the released Haworth cctv footage at all, Nt.

I'm not quite understanding the write up for this footage. Is it me being thick?

At one point it says it shows man rolling a cigarette before driving away

In the next paragraph it says after smoking for three minutes the man leaves the car before returning two minutes later.

The CCTV released to the public is clearly edited, we don't see three minutes of smoking, but does this suggest he drove away and returned to the same spot to smoke thecigarette or is it just the way it's written with the first but being an overview? I'm confused.
I agree. If you read all the Angle coverage on the case,it appears to be more of the same.

Although covering the same facts from seemingly the same sources, some of the loose style makes you think youre reading a different take on facts or new facts. ( This may be the case but think its more likely to be poor reporting or poor interpretation/ inaccuracy?))

I agree. If you read all the Angle coverage on the case,it appears to be more of the same.

Although covering the same facts from seemingly the same sources, some of the loose style makes you think youre reading a different take on facts or new facts. ( This may be the case but think its more likely to be poor reporting or poor interpretation/ inaccuracy?))

It is quite a confusing write up. It does say is thought the man is not thought to be the one in custody but the whole write up could do with a proof read

Going back to the spider cctv.

To me the four flashes looks like two cars being opened at the same time!? Also, I know I’ve said before, but it does really look to me like Astra man talks to someone over the roof of his car, just before the other car drives off.
My friend drives the same car and it flashes the same 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035