Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

There are so many broken quotes in this thread that, even going back through 16 pages of posts, I have been unable to trace back to the source post. Only options were to remove them all or let them stand. Removing them all has the potential to change the context of the discussion so I have decided to let them stand.

None of these broken quotes were reported to us. I just stumbled onto them when reviewing the thread for another reason.

If/when you see a broken quote, please use the Report feature to alert us immediately so it can be repaired. The longer broken quotes are allowed to stand, the more difficult it becomes to repair them. If they get re-quoted over and over again downthread, they become attributed to the wrong posters. That's a real pain in the pip to have your words attributed to someone else, or their words attributed to you.

Has anyone noticed that Paull is an archaic form of Paul and Pawel is the polish version of it?
The sighting of a body may be someone wasting police time

The siting was at the ferry port which is a bit further up the river. Paull is the next likely place bodys seem to wash up so I think they were there in case it had travelled further down the river.

The siting was at the ferry port which is a bit further up the river. Paull is the next likely place bodys seem to wash up so I think they were there in case it had travelled further down the river.

Could it be Libby from where the police were searching? Whilst I know the chances of her being alive are 0.00000001 I still cling to the hope she's been hidden somewhere with food and water awaiting someone's return. But the realistic part knows her poor parents and the police need her body.

This is so heartbreaking.

Could it be Libby from where the police were searching? Whilst I know the chances of her being alive are 0.00000001 I still cling to the hope she's been hidden somewhere with food and water awaiting someone's return. But the realistic part knows her poor parents and the police need her body.

This is so heartbreaking.

I'm also still clinging to that bit of hope that she is alive and hidden somewhere.

Not sure how fast or far someone could travel but the river Hull near her last siting was a long way from the river humber and with twists and turns and some reed areas. At low tide there are many muddy areas at the sides so I would have thought / hoped there'd be a siting before a body reached the Humber from that far away. Again just my opinion with a bit of wishful thinking.

Did I see someone say they had forenisc number markers too?
Hey im not saying your wrong im going by my experiences using various domestic garmin units over the last decade nearest fix ive ever got with a clear sky and no obstructions on the horizon and full lock on 8 satellites is 3 metres so your mates htc is matching comercial units costing well over a grand, thats damn impressive for a phone.

Try it, it was basic HTC, download the Ordnance Survey App, I think you pay for the maps, watch as the red dot on your far less than £1000 phone tracks you to the very spot where you are standing!

I've been to the park this morning - the Police are in a dinghy along that part of the river - three coppers - among them Charlie and his handler.

So they are still fixated on the park/river. They are up and down that part with the dog in the dinghy, clearly trying to pick up any kind of trail.

I did briefly speak to them, they never give ANYTHING away that lot! Just nodded and confirmed they were currently searching the river - like I could already see! Bless em! I did wish them luck... did they look resigned? It's difficult to tell with that professional poker faced lot!

I've been to the park this morning - the Police are in a dinghy along that part of the river - three coppers - among them Charlie and his handler.

So they are still fixated on the park/river. They are up and down that part with the dog in the dinghy, clearly trying to pick up any kind of trail.

I did briefly speak to them, they never give ANYTHING away that lot! Just nodded and confirmed they were currently searching the river - like I could already see! Bless em! I did wish them luck... did they look resigned? It's difficult to tell with that professional poker faced lot!

Sorry if this has been covered but do we know what type of dog Charlie is?

(I mean scent/cadaver, not poodle/chihuahua!)

Someone on here posted his twitter page lol think he is a brown and white Spaniel and quite adorable. Just noticed the rest soz and he is a forensic recovery and Cadaver.

EDIT to add - Libby is also his first case (if that makes a difference I have no idea)

Last edited:

New search - new info perhaps?

Resigned or depressed. It must be the grimmest task ever looking for someones precious child and seeing them in a waking nightmare. Searching to prove that Libby will never get to read another book or go out or have a holiday, never graduate, never have her first job, never hold her first child. And imaging her last free hours. I can't bear it so god knows how they feel let alone her family

I would guess that they try not to dwell on it and just focus on the practicalities of the job.
Agreed, although I'm aware that many LE are affected by tragedies to the extent of needing counselling etc, a lot of professionals in the emergency services possess tbe ability to detach themselves from the emotion of the job. I'd say it's quite an important trait to have if you're in that sort of work.

I’m just returning from Paull. I stopped near the ferry area at the small carpark overlooking the river on the way and there are a lot of officers around. A rubber inflatable moving between ferry dock and down the Humber a bit. Looks like they are trawling the area. At Paull a lot of officers but they seem to be waiting rather than looking.

I’m just returning from Paull. I stopped near the ferry area at the small carpark overlooking the river on the way and there are a lot of officers around. A rubber inflatable moving between ferry dock and down the Humber a bit. Looks like they are trawling the area. At Paull a lot of officers but they seem to be waiting rather than looking.
Sorry meant to say Imheading back around 3:30pm after work so I can get some fresh pictures of the area for interest. It’s a wide area...

Interesting that yesterday LE/Coastguard said that if there had been anything to find, they'd have found it... Yet they're out there again looking today.

Because this has been transferred to crown court will the 11th just be a plea hearing again or because he made his plea at the magistrates will it go straight to trial? I'm debating if I should attend but if it's just going to be a plea then I may wait.

Because this has been transferred to crown court will the 11th just be a plea hearing again or because he made his plea at the magistrates will it go straight to trial? I'm debating if I should attend but if it's just going to be a plea then I may wait.
I sure it's going to be just a plea

Yeah both...

Videos I posted earlier...

This is a similar 'victim recovery' dog, Eddie, in action.
2:16 "While they wait in his van, he's hiding a jar of sand, it contains the scent of 100 year old human remains..."

I believe if Libby was in PRs house that night she would have left some trace for the dog, it wouldn't have to be a physical item left behind. Just her historical presence would be enough. Of course it may depend how long the Police took to get to him? Am I right in remembering it was day 5 he was brought in? So I guess if he was thorough AND lucky her scent may have gone by then? Hmm...

Introducing tracker dog 'Jack'
26:00 "...weeks after a person has walked somewhere Jack can track their exact route."
Kelly Hyde had been missing for three days...
27:50 "Jack just sniffed one item of Kelly's clothing, quickly he found a matching scent outside the house where she was last seen.
30:20 "Now Jack had to find her killer"
30:38 "Jack was able to track the killer from the scene of the murder to where he lived."

Police sniffer dogs in action...
This dog has been trained to find cash and drugs
13:55 He indicates towards a hole-in-the-wall cash machine!
14:06 The dog digs out a baccy tin, from under a load of other stuff, at the bottom of a box. The baccy tin USED TO HAVE cannabis in it. That dog went straight for the tin and was trying to indicate inside it, but the drugs were no longer there... he has sniffed that from a yard or so away.
The WPC dog handler: "Remnants of cannabis, in a tin, hidden up high, in a box... that nose impresses me everytime"
39:25 Some of the dogs goes through some training; Every 6 months they have to re-certified in all the areas they are qualified in, drugs, firearms, people etc;

Try it, it was basic HTC, download the Ordnance Survey App, I think you pay for the maps, watch as the red dot on your far less than £1000 phone tracks you to the very spot where you are standing!
Im going to try this out, and there was me thinking my standalone gps was the bees knees on accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735