ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information on Steptoe Village where BK's apartment was. You can take a virtual tour. I never heard if it was a 1 or 2 bedroom apt. Steptoe Village at WSU
I was looking around this website, and noticed a list of polices for Family and Graduate Housing at WSU.

No weapons are allowed in the apartment, but may be stored at the WSU police station.

:oops:

They interviewed the driver. There is no reason to suspect they didn't have the time pinpointed fairly accurately. At any rate, the poster I was responding to suggested we had not heard the 4:00 time before it appeared in that article. Obviously the writer of the article got the time from the same source we did - the PCA.

JMHO
I didn't mean to suggest that. I was well-aware of the approx. 4:00 AM time - but 3:55AM and 4:05AM could all be considered approx. 4:00AM - yet would seem to have different impacts on our understanding of events.

... I moved your map's point of view down the road a little ways. Where he may have been was in the clearing that overlooks the Police Dept in the valley down below.
Google Maps
snipped for focus @ DeDee
Oh, the Moscow PD building.
Thank you very much moving the marker & PoV on the Google steetview map and telling us what to look for.
From previous post on my tablet-sized screen, I could not determine.

I wondered this too, high rate of speed on the highway is probably 85+, but in a residential neighborhood that could mean he was doing 40 in a 20mph area.
Probably relative to the what traffic normally does at the location. But perception from a witness is subjective IMO. Camera captures could clock speed to back up "whiz by". MOO

IMHO if he was high on heroin that sixteen minutes would have taken about 8 hours.

Right? BK had kicked his addiction to heroin after entering rehab twice but it indicates being around drugs was not foreign to him.

I cannot reconcile a PhD student with an excellent GPA during most of his school years, using meth or heroin, as someone suggested. I believe his beverage of choice was coffee due to the caffeine he required since he doesn't appear to have enjoyed many restful night's sleep. I suppose he purchased an occasional beer at the local pubs but doubt very much that he was a heavy drinker.

That said, I have wondered if he was perhaps a sort of drug dealer so he could afford $28 +tip for haircuts, coffee shops, food, rent, etc because I don't think he made much income on being a PA. Maybe that night he was driving around delivering or picking up drugs. It could also possibly explain the numerous times his cell pinged near the 1122 house.

Some wish to assign a drug usage to him for that evening due to the nature of the crime that normal folks like us cannot understand. I don't think he needed a drug in order to commit these crimes, if he is, in fact, guilty of them.

<modsnip - meaww is not an approved source>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious who he messaged. The article says the receiver of the messages may not have even read them, although I feel like they would know that by now?
I wish the alledged BK instagram account was named. It's so easy to throw out lurid details as clickbait.

Similar to the unnamed LE source who said he was seen - multiple times - wearing surgical gloves in PA.

Woah. Check this out…

<modsnip - no source link for screenshot>

This is a lot of maintenance worker activity, especially HVAC related, that would likely be done over the summer in anticipation of the start of the fall semester.

Just woah. I’m pretty sold on this theory now.

I agree with the person who responded to my original comment saying that it would have been released. And I also agree with the person who responded to them suggesting that maybe LE just didn’t know or didn’t have enough evidence yet.

This could potentially be huge. (Or could be not relevant at all.)

What do y’all make of it?
I think that LE would have checked out all of the maintenance people who were associated with the King Road house very early on, and if BK was employed through the property maintenance company, or other vendor the property maintenance company used for home inspections, then LE would have had him on their radar from day one, so to speak.

I wish the alledged BK instagram account was named. It's so easy to throw out lurid details as clickbait.

Similar to the unnamed LE source who said he was seen - multiple times - wearing surgical gloves in PA.
I questioned this too..it'd be far more suspicious for him to be noticed wearing gloves for the few weeks after the crime to hide any cuts or bruising rather than almost 2 months after the fact. Which, its possible he was doing that and they just didn't share it yet, but I know plenty of non-murderers who wear surgical gloves to grocery stores during cold and flu season especially while staying with older/higher risk relatives.

Curious who he messaged. The article says the receiver of the messages may not have even read them, although I feel like they would know that by now?
Interesting, if true.

Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction.

It's unclear why Kohberger didn't get a response to his messages, but authorities say that the victim may have missed them completely.

"She may not have seen them, because they went into message requests," says the investigation source. (Instagram users are not notified when they receive a message from someone they do not follow back, and the messages go into a special folder.) "We're still trying to determine how aware the victims were of his existence."

Looking to me like a good start to getting a motive. ‘Motive’ doesn’t mean a reasonable motive, of course—there’s no point in looking for that!

I questioned this too..it'd be far more suspicious for him to be noticed wearing gloves for the few weeks after the crime to hide any cuts or bruising rather than almost 2 months after the fact. Which, its possible he was doing that and they just didn't share it yet, but I know plenty of non-murderers who wear surgical gloves to grocery stores during cold and flu season especially while staying with older/higher risk relatives.
Yes. The pics in this article shows his parents and sister wearing masks at BK's hearing. I wondered if someone had a medical condition that necessitated taking precautions.

So this is how to get around a gag order and taint a jury pool. I have been wondering when this sort of thing was going to start. jmo

Edited to add: I'm not being snarky...just disappointed.

So this is how to get around a gag order and taint a jury pool. I have been wondering when this sort of thing was going to start. jmo
Yup! This is why I don't understand anyone being shocked they pushed the trial out to end June. Give the media 5 months to run wild with their guilty verdict before the trial even starts, give Reddit 5 months to continue blasting out the families' social medias and personal info, give everyone eligible to serve on a jury 5 months to fill their heads with predispositions and assumptions. Last but not least, give the defense 5 months to build a case. By the time 6/26 rolls around, I'd say the chance of a mistrial will be pretty high.

I think that LE would have checked out all of the maintenance people who were associated with the King Road house very early on, and if BK was employed through the property maintenance company, or other vendor the property maintenance company used for home inspections, then LE would have had him on their radar from day one, so to speak.
My thoughts as well at first but I guess I should finish telling the story from my original post. The maintenance worker who was stealing my underwear was an illegal subcontractor without relevant experience or qualifications. The property management company refused to share his info with police (I needed his name to file a restraining order) until they obtained a search warrant because they were afraid of a lawsuit for sending this creep into my home. When police did get the search warrant, they had conveniently “lost” all of their employment records. Police could never prove that he worked for them or even get his name, and I was not able to file a restraining order.

The same could very well apply here.

Interesting, if true.

Kohberger's now-deleted Instagram account — which was viewed by PEOPLE before it was removed — followed the accounts of Mogen, Gonclaves and Kernodle, but there was no public interaction.

It's unclear why Kohberger didn't get a response to his messages, but authorities say that the victim may have missed them completely.

"She may not have seen them, because they went into message requests," says the investigation source. (Instagram users are not notified when they receive a message from someone they do not follow back, and the messages go into a special folder.) "We're still trying to determine how aware the victims were of his existence."
I wonder if that's what SG was talking about ?

I think a lot of the speculation re: Kaylee being the target was wildly exacerbated by how vocal her dad was in the media before they arrested someone. I will never tell someone how to grieve and I'm not even going to pretend to remotely understand how they are feeling but I thought from the beginning her dad was putting a lot of emphasis on her as THE victim - detailing her injuries, saying only she had defensive wounds, saying "he didn't have to go upstairs" (what does this even mean and why would he think that?), even suggesting Kaylee could have ripped the sheath off of her attacker before sadly succumbing to her injuries? You can't rip leather like that especially while fighting for your life and if that was the case the PCA probably wouldn't have specified the sheath only contained 1 source of DNA, later believe to be Bryan's.

I wouldn't expect them to put the same focus into someone else's kid(s), but for me personally, I've tried to avoid any media with him in it because all four victims and their possible links to their killer need to be explored equally. His adamancy about her having a stalker/knowing the perp, and then once BK was arrested he immediately said there was no connection between them, goes to show at least some people were right in saying he was doing too much to keep focus on the case. I also don't agree with any family saying right off the bat, "my kid didn't know this person whatsoever" unless that has been confirmed after forensics on the electronics, you absolutely do not know every single person your kid has interacted with.
This is why from the start, I have not considered any family members' statements in thinking about this case. Also, right after the arrest, "Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet." (per Families of Idaho murder victims address suspect's arrest: 'We are on the path to justice'), then he later walked that back.

Edited to add: I'm not being snarky...just disappointed.
I sure hope they find the “investigative source” that went around the gag order and most likely was paid handsomely. Just my humble opinion, as always. I want this man to have a fair trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member