ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tapatalk posts that I do believe belong to him state he has struggled with insomnia for years. His neighbors have also stated he was up all night, walking around vacuuming and running the garbage disposal at strange hours, it makes sense for him to be awake at that hour and his defense could easily say he just wanted to get out of the house.
So when was he actually sleeping?

Some students sleep during lectures but I guess not him.

Would the judge who issued the Gag have the power to pull the article? Has the 'investigative source' broken the order?
IMO the judge can't control the media. Without knowing who the source is it's impossible to say if that person violated the order and journalists don't have to reveal their sources. IMO, this was "leaked" with one intent in mind and the last line of the article that says BK's attorney has not returned their messages for comment is meant to give the impression that the defense doesn't dispute the article when the writer knows perfectly well there is a gag order and the defense couldn't comment even if they saw fit to respond to this...(what's the word? trickery?)
jmo

I think a lot of the speculation re: Kaylee being the target was wildly exacerbated by how vocal her dad was in the media before they arrested someone. I will never tell someone how to grieve and I'm not even going to pretend to remotely understand how they are feeling but I thought from the beginning her dad was putting a lot of emphasis on her as THE victim - detailing her injuries, saying only she had defensive wounds, saying "he didn't have to go upstairs" (what does this even mean and why would he think that?), even suggesting Kaylee could have ripped the sheath off of her attacker before sadly succumbing to her injuries? You can't rip leather like that especially while fighting for your life and if that was the case the PCA probably wouldn't have specified the sheath only contained 1 source of DNA, later believe to be Bryan's.

I wouldn't expect them to put the same focus into someone else's kid(s), but for me personally, I've tried to avoid any media with him in it because all four victims and their possible links to their killer need to be explored equally. His adamancy about her having a stalker/knowing the perp, and then once BK was arrested he immediately said there was no connection between them, goes to show at least some people were right in saying he was doing too much to keep focus on the case. I also don't agree with any family saying right off the bat, "my kid didn't know this person whatsoever" unless that has been confirmed after forensics on the electronics, you absolutely do not know every single person your kid has interacted with.

" goes to show at least some people were right in saying he was doing too much to keep focus on the case."

The truth of their reality is that they could never, ever, do too much ! Cases go cold, more quickly when families are not involved (google it) and the families frustrations with the situation, real-time, led to more sorrow and fear the case would never be solved. If they did nothing else, but, scream from the roof-tops, cheer them on. JMO. MOO. OMO. LMNOP.

The killer is where he should be and will be for the rest of his sorrid, pathetic, cowardly life. Unless the death penalty. No one knows what the sheath looks like, if it was attached or not. Guessing the knife wasn't attached to the killer, because he wanted to ditch it. As for stalker, going upstairs, injuries, what was included / excluded to the general-public, was known to law enforcement and to some degree what they were sharing, confidentially, to the parents. Kaylee's dad & mom & siblings and friends/advocates are her voice. Now and forever. JMO.

IMO the judge can't control the media. Without knowing who the source is it's impossible to say if that person violated the order and journalists don't have to reveal their sources. IMO, this was "leaked" with one intent in mind and the last line of the article that says BK's attorney has not returned their messages for comment is meant to give the impression that the defense doesn't dispute the article when the writer knows perfectly well there is a gag order and the defense couldn't comment even if they saw fit to respond to this...(what's the word? trickery?)
jmo
Ahhh, what a spot. Bait and trap I think you're saying. Would be transparent to an experienced solicitor. MOO. Or I could be way off.

Reactions: IDK
They interviewed the driver. There is no reason to suspect they didn't have the time pinpointed fairly accurately. At any rate, the poster I was responding to suggested we had not heard the 4:00 time before it appeared in that article. Obviously the writer of the article got the time from the same source we did - the PCA.

JMHO
MOO DD drivers document their drop off time. Tips depend on it.

There have been thousands of high profile trials in this country, many that take years to resolve. Media speculation and social media ridiculousness will have the same impact on this trial that it has on past trials... almost none.
I think social media is more prevalent than it's ever been in the past tbh especially in regards to true crime and I don't know many other cases that got the attention, rumors, and baseless conspiracies (and for so many of them to be COMPLETELY wrong) than this one. Maybe the OJ trial? <modsnip - no link> I'm not sure why anyone thinks my opinion is so outlandish...even Moscow PD has said time and time again that the continued frenzy around accusations and random people being involved could be detrimental to the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it was Kaylee. Attorney SG walked that back. JMO
I think SG believes Kaylee was the focus I guess is how I should have worded that and I think SG THINKS BK was DM'g her and this could account for his statement after BK was named the suspect that he had learned of "connections" between Kaylee and BK.

Would the judge who issued the Gag have the power to pull the article? Has the 'investigative source' broken the order?
If the person isn't named and hasn't revealed any sources --it can just be considered rumor at this time, correct ?
Still very unprofessional behavior.
Although "People" mag. is considered by some to be a tabloid ?
Imo.

Curious who he messaged. The article says the receiver of the messages may not have even read them, although I feel like they would know that by now?
Kaylees insta was taken down i think recently - also if true, Insta the same as FB is incredibly intrusive when it comes to the MSG'ing feature. You don't have to accept the MSG and randoms can see when you were last active, typing or online ect

Bundy used the arm sling to disarm his victims. (I see what I did there.)

Is it possible that BK gained entry to the home, masquerading as an HVAC technician? "Management called me to inspect the furnace..." Nice, polite, clean-cut guy. Instant access...

I don't know how likely that is but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I were to learn he'd been in the house prior, and under false pretenses.

JMO

There have been thousands of high profile trials in this country, many that take years to resolve. Media speculation and social media ridiculousness will have the same impact on this trial that it has on past trials... almost none.
Agreed!

I believe the prosecution and defense will go to great lengths to ensure that they choose a fair and impartial jury. They should easily be able to weed out any potential jurors who have been swayed by the social media and media nonsense by asking a few simple questions.

That being said, I don't think it will be too difficult to find people who have never heard of the Idaho 4. I know it will shock some WebSleuthers to learn that not everyone in the U.S. is as focused on this case as we are.

Bundy used the arm sling to disarm his victims. (I see what I did there.)

Is it possible that BK gained entry to the home, masquerading as an HVAC technician? "Management called me to inspect the furnace..." Nice, polite, clean-cut guy. Instant access...

I don't know how likely that is but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I were to learn he'd been in the house prior, and under false pretenses.

JMO

Doubt it at 4:00am wearing black. Had mask over mouth and nose.

Why go in at 4:00am?

To not be seen, most are asleep.

If the person isn't named and hasn't revealed any sources --it can just be considered rumor at this time, correct ?
Still very unprofessional behavior.
Imo.
Rumour would be my guess, but many in the general public will consider it fact. If true, it would no doubt be in evidence for the prosecution down the road. MOO. As long as the necessary measures are in place to minimise and/or eliminate the chances of future tainted jury and mistrial it's probably no big deal. IM uncertain O.

I sure hope they find the “investigative source” that went around the gag order and most likely was paid handsomely. Just my humble opinion, as always. I want this man to have a fair trial.
I wonder if it was a friend/family member, rather than a police source. Heck, even some sleuther on social media. "Investigative source" sounds like tricky language to me that is meant to sound more official than it is. MOO

MOO: he is either a lousy driver or too arrogant/clueless to worry about getting stopped. He also got a "no seatbelt" ticket minutes after stalking the house and was stopped for tailgating twice as he was leaving the area of the crime for the other coast in the very car the police were looking for. If anything, it's kinda his signature move.
The way he drives (and draws attention to himself, seemingly without thought) reminds me of my cat who will hide behind a sheer curtain, with paws and tail clearly visible, convinced that no one can see her. Someone (maybe @10ofRods) said that it was like the car was his safe place and nothing could happen to him (my apologies if I have misremembered the original point). I've been driving for 55 years (yikes) and never got 3 tickets for anything other than an expired meter, let alone 3 tickets in a few months and 2 within an hour of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog