ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious who he messaged. The article says the receiver of the messages may not have even read them, although I feel like they would know that by now?
Oh, wow. This is huge, IMO, and the first time I've heard of a REAL connection between the suspect and any of the victims.

Kaylee's father mentioned he hired an investigator right around the time he hired a lawyer, so I'm wondering if that is the "investigative source" the article is referring to? And, did this investigator investigate for all the families or just for the Goncalves family?

Oh, wow. This is huge, IMO, and the first time I've heard of a REAL connection between the suspect and any of the victims.

Kaylee's father mentioned he hired an investigator right around the time he hired a lawyer, so I'm wondering if that is the "investigative source" the article is referring to? And, did this investigator investigate for all the families or just for the Goncalves family?
It’s an “unnamed”source so I’m not all excited about it yet

Oh good point - I forgot he had hired a private investigator. That could be an 'investigative source' MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

Stop bringing rumors into this discussion, and stop stating opinion as fact.

There is no approved source to support that EC was found in the hallway.

Mods have had to remove or modsnip tons of posts based on members discussing "whispers" (i.e RUMORs) and/or members theories that contain information as fact when such "fact" is actually based on rumor.

Members who violate the above TOS are subject to a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.
what is 'ec'?

There have been multiple posts about the fact that our court system and one's common sense are two different things. Our criminal justice system is so coagulated, gordian-knotted, and only for those with money ( a decent attorney $375. an hour, up now to about $500. to start) leaves little justice in our justice system. All good for the innocent until proven guilty, but when Kennedy-Skakel," If I Did It," OJ, and Bad Mom Kaylee Anthony all walk free... stick with law enforcement knowing they have their killer and human-decency common sense. MOO JMO OMO LMNOP.

IMO the judge can't control the media. Without knowing who the source is it's impossible to say if that person violated the order and journalists don't have to reveal their sources. IMO, this was "leaked" with one intent in mind and the last line of the article that says BK's attorney has not returned their messages for comment is meant to give the impression that the defense doesn't dispute the article when the writer knows perfectly well there is a gag order and the defense couldn't comment even if they saw fit to respond to this...(what's the word? trickery?)
jmo
I'm going into one of my fave shows of all time (Better Call Saul) to cry "chicanery!"

Agreed!

I believe the prosecution and defense will go to great lengths to ensure that they choose a fair and impartial jury. They should easily be able to weed out any potential jurors who have been swayed by the social media and media nonsense by asking a few simple questions.

That being said, I don't think it will be too difficult to find people who have never heard of the Idaho 4. I know it will shock some WebSleuthers to learn that not everyone in the U.S. is as focused on this case as we are.

The jurors will come from the same County the murders happened in, Latah County Idaho.
Some around the country haven't heard of the Case but people were scared in that community, that County, locking their doors and windows, not knowing if they could be next. It was unsolved and scary.

On the rare chance someone summoned for Jury duty hasn't heard of the murders, they will hear all about it when they go for jury duty. No doubt people will be talking about it at Court, wondering if they were called to serve for BK's trial.

It will be all over the news that jury selection is underway for BK's trial. General descriptions of jurors will be in MSM as well as reasons for dismissal and how they might have known a victim and so forth.

Even the jury questionnaire could get in the media.

This is what happens in high profile murder Cases even with gag orders. Happened in George Wagner's murder trial in Pike County Ohio, happened in the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial in Glynn County Georgia. Defendants were:

Gregory Johns McMichael
Travis James McMichael
William Roderick Bryan

Last edited:
How would his attorney bring this into evidence, I wonder?
I don't think there's a way an attorney could prove it unless there is a history of BK blacking out, which would come from BK himself saying so... but no solid proof unless documented by a health professional I'd guess.

That date he had where he gaslit the girl and denied doing it verbally and his behavior the restaurant/pub, he might use his past lack of accountability and call it "blacking out" - doesn't recall it happening or him doing it.

I am totally only thinking out loud about what he might try to pull! JMO, MOO

If it’s the account I think it is (followed k m and X ) I’m pretty certain it wasn’t him. Just hours after the arrest was leaked there was about 8 or 9 different accounts of Bryan Kohberger or Bryan Christopher Kohberger, they were clearly trolls either making new accounts or changing the name of an existing account.

I don’t trust this source and I’m highly suspicious that someone would leak info like that…
At least one troll account following two of the victims is still up, so perhaps those weren't taken down. The actual KB's account might have been deactivated.

The way he drives (and draws attention to himself, seemingly without thought) reminds me of my cat who will hide behind a sheer curtain, with paws and tail clearly visible, convinced that no one can see her. Someone (maybe @10ofRods) said that it was like the car was his safe place and nothing could happen to him (my apologies if I have misremembered the original point). I've been driving for 55 years (yikes) and never got 3 tickets for anything other than an expired meter, let alone 3 tickets in a few months and 2 within an hour of each other.
IMO, this guy has been hyper-focused on the murders (before, during, and after) and that's likely why he was so careless while driving. He was otherwise preoccupied.

The jurors will come from the same County the murders happened in. Some around the country haven't heard of the Case but people were scared in that community, that County, locking their doors and windows, not knowing if they could be next. It was unsolved and scary.

On the rare chance someone summoned for Jury duty hasn't heard of the murders, they will hear all about it when they go for jury duty. No doubt people will be talking about it at Court, wondering if they were called to serve for BK's trial.

It will be all over the news that jury selection is underway for BK's trial. General descriptions of jurors will be in MSM as well as reasons for dismissal and how they might have known a victim and so forth.

This is what happens even with gag orders. Happened in George Wagner's murder trial in Pike County Ohio, happened in the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial in Glynn County Georgia. Defendants were:

Gregory Johns McMichael
Travis James McMichael
William Roderick Bryan
They may or may not come from the same county. That all depends on motions from the Prosecution and Defense and how the judge rules on them. JMO

The women would have a much shorter reach than him and the knife extends his reach by quite a bit.
A big mismatch in upper body strength would be another factor. Ethan might have been a match for him in that regard, given a fair fight, but not if Ethan was asleep, just getting up to check on the commotion, or somewhat impaired by alcohol (none of which we know one way or the other).

This seems viable as it does appear he went crazy with his back-and-forth (possible thoughts of "should I/could I"). This theory would have to take into account that he knew (of) Kaylee and all her personal information (e.g., her new car (how did he know it was her car?), her last night there, etc.). Seems so unlikely that someone would drive up to a house with 4 cars out front and think it would be a good night to strike.
If he followed M on IG he would have known there were 5 roommates. She posted their pic on Aug 17. According to PCA he was in the area on Aug 21.

Last edited:
I’m throwing out a theory that I haven’t seen discussed (report if not allowed).

Background for how this theory came to mind- a few years ago I had a maintenance worker who learned my shower schedule and would show up at the house I was renting at the time when I was alone and let himself in. Eventually a roommate set up a camera in the house and caught him stealing dirty underwear from our laundry baskets while I was in the shower. It was scary.

Knowing that BK has HVAC experience, could he have had a side gig as a maintenance guy? If we are floating a June move-in timeline he could have even started doing maintenance for these houses over the summer before his grad program and TA position started. It would explain multiple visits to the property (I’m thinking the one day time visit was an actual maintenance call and then subsequent late night visits were stalking) and could explain why there was an HVAC truck at the house after the murders. He could have set up surveillance in the ductwork during the initial maintenance call.

Just an idea.
Unlikely. But a very clever idea. Maybe he masqueraded as HVAC maintenance one or more times to gain entry. He could have set up some undetected surveillance inside if so.

But still falls in the unlikely category IMO. Still, if he did anything like that, it would be hard for the defense to overcome.

So we can hope he cooked his own goose in more ways than one!

JMO

It’s an “unnamed”source so I’m not all excited about it yet
While the source is, indeed, unnamed, the article specifically uses the word "investigative" source which makes me think that it could be the PI that the Goncalves family hired.

Also, since it's People reporting on this <modsnip> I trust it a little more.

1673989103465.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The jurors will come from the same County the murders happened in, Latah County Idaho.
Some around the country haven't heard of the Case but people were scared in that community, that County, locking their doors and windows, not knowing if they could be next. It was unsolved and scary.

This is what happens in high profile murder Cases even with gag orders. Happened in George Wagner's murder trial in Pike County Ohio, happened in the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial in Glynn County Georgia. Defendants were:

Gregory Johns McMichael
Travis James McMichael
William Roderick Bryan
I bet you anything this case is moved to Boise, ID (Ada County) so that they can find an impartial jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29