CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Longshot, but have to mention just in case!
Woman sharing some similarities with Karlie, recently missing in Ontario. Fwiw..

View attachment 431172

''Date(s) of Birth Used: May 13, 2002 Hair: Dark Blonde Eyes: Blue Height: 5'7" (at time of disappearance) Weight: 110 pounds (at time of disappearance) Sex: Female Race: White Scars and Marks: Gusé has her left nostril pierced.
REWARD The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the location of Karlie Lain Gusé. DETAILS Karlie Lain Gusé, a then 16-year-old female, was reported missing by her family on the morning of October 13, 2018. Karlie was seen by her family at their residence in the White Mountain Estates area of Chalfant Valley in Mono County, California, during the pre-dawn hours of October 13, 2018. At some time during the early morning, Karlie left the family residence while likely wearing gray sweatpants or jeans, a white t-shirt, and Vans brand shoes. Karlie left her personal belongings behind at the residence including her mobile phone. Karlie was last seen by witnesses walking south approximately 30 yards east of Highway 6 and 100 yards south of Sierra View Road on the morning of October 13, 2018. A thorough search of the area and subsequent investigation has been unsuccessful in locating Karlie and she has not been in contact with family or friends since she went missing. The Mono County Sheriff's Office and the FBI continue to seek information that will assist in locating Karlie.''

Thanks for posting this, @dotr ! Some similarities for sure between Karlie and Karli, IMO.

I posted pretty early on here on Karlie's missing person thread, that I wondered if someone had been stalking her and that's why she was feeling scared and paranoid, even before the evening before she was last seen, for a few days to a few weeks, IIRC, it was mentioned by someone but probably not a verified insider or MSM source or maybe on SM, so IIRC and MOO.

If she had that terrible feeling of looking over her shoulder and feeling uneasy, and something made it worse that night, she may have felt like she had to flee, and then who knows what could have transipred.

It always felt like to me that her being new to the area, and it being a bit out of the way, could have been a factor if someone saw her from afar, and became obsessed with her or worse.

Just speculation on my part at the time, and it didn't gain any traction here on her thread.

JMO

Karlie Guse

Karlie Guse

Any cases you guys can think of that are similar?

1. Gannon Stauch- Step mom charged, motiv- annoyed step mom?

2. Hailey Dunn- Boyfriend charged, motiv- domestic violence?

These two are similar in that domestic abuse in an environment with a boyfriend/wife that are not biologically related, and inconsistent comments made by said boyfriend/wife.

3. Ebby Steppach- Disappeared after a party, found in sewer believed to be foul play case remains cold. Sexually assaulted at a party and disappeared shortly after.

4. Brittanee Drexel- Raymond Moody arrested, he said she came into his car willingly to party and he raped and killed her.

Similar because partying involved with young attractive females coming into adulthood.

Last edited:
I just watched People Magazine’s episode on Karlie. IMO, the father and stepmom have nothing to do with her disappearance. My heart is broken for them. It sounds like LE sent some items for forensic testing and are hoping for results soon.
This case is really confounding.

I think the most likely scenario in this case is she succumbed to dehydration. She left home on an empty stomach and no water on a hot day. She was already dehydrated from night before. She was going on little to no sleep and possibly coming off an unknown drug (whatever the marijuana was laced with). Moo

But if that was the case I believe they would have found her body/bones somewhere in the area.

The laced part is unknown... especially if she was 'acting funny' before that.
Twice in the past I have seen/known friends that have been drugged at a party. The first girl had to go to a mental facility for a bit and the other guy went home from a party and started biting cabinets, desk and his hand (the skin between his thumb and pointing finger). So really no telling what she might have done/felt.

But if that was the case I believe they would have found her body/bones somewhere in the area.

The laced part is unknown... especially if she was 'acting funny' before that.
Twice in the past I have seen/known friends that have been drugged at a party. The first girl had to go to a mental facility for a bit and the other guy went home from a party and started biting cabinets, desk and his hand (the skin between his thumb and pointing finger). So really no telling what she might have done/felt.
I don’t think it’s odd they haven’t found her body. It’s quite common for bodies (especially in that environment, it’s a vast desert out there) to be found 10,20,30 years later or never. Moo

It seemed like more of a talking off the ledge kind of talk. She sounded so pitiful and it was so sad that is the last they can hear of her voice.

Wow I didnt realize there was such a big update, anywhere to watch a replay of it? Sounds like a Brittanee Drexel situation then no?
i had absolutely no clue there was any update in this case. i’ve always felt really wonky ab the truck driver…. wasn’t he the only ‘witness’ of her disappearance that night? i may be wrong on that. nonetheless, i’ve always wondered why LE & truck driver’s communications seemed so nonchalant??? if that makes sense.

FBI says they received a tip and said that the person knew what happened to Karlie. Picked up on highway 6 transported to area of Tonopah Nevada. Partying with a group of people and something happened to her. Said he/she were feeling guilty about it, and waited so long because they were involved in drugs and that he/she recently got sober. He/she gave information of what car Karlie drove in and it has been found by the FBI and being processed in Reno Nevada and there is a person of interest associated with that vehicle, per FBI agent Brad Bilderack and Dep. Sheriff Jason Pelichowski Mono County Sheriff's dept.

i had absolutely no clue there was any update in this case. i’ve always felt really wonky ab the truck driver…. wasn’t he the only ‘witness’ of her disappearance that night? i may be wrong on that. nonetheless, i’ve always wondered why LE & truck driver’s communications seemed so nonchalant??? if that makes sense.
I doubt a trucker is involved I bet it turns out similar to Paighton Houston or Brittanee Drexel.

FBI says they received a tip and said that the person knew what happened to Karlie. Picked up on highway 6 transported to area of Tonopah Nevada. Partying with a group of people and something happened to her. Said he/she were feeling guilty about it, and waited so long because they were involved in drugs and that he/she recently got sober. He/she gave information of what car Karlie drove in and it has been found by the FBI and being processed in Reno Nevada and there is a person of interest associated with that vehicle, per FBI agent Brad Bilderack and Dep. Sheriff Jason Pelichowski Mono County Sheriff's dept.
wow!! great job on the research. thanks for the update!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back