GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how both Donald Trump and Chad Daybell have this extraordinary hold over their children. It must be more than money. Actually I was quite disappointed to see Tiffany there, I thought that she at least might not have been drawn in.

I just don't understand how both Donald Trump and Chad Daybell have this extraordinary hold over their children. It must be more than money. Actually I was quite disappointed to see Tiffany there, I thought that she at least might not have been drawn in.
Why is wrong for Tiffany being at the trial in support of her father?

It's not wrong at all.

I think it's just a bit surprising, seeing as how the public has not seen them interacting very much over the years. To me she's always seemed like an afterthought following Eric, DJT Jr, and especially Ivanka, who hasn't attended the trial at all.

Appearing in photo ops and not much else.

Also it's surprising to me that many of the family members who appeared today haven't bothered to attend the trial in the previous six weeks.

It's not wrong at all.

I think it's just a bit surprising, seeing as how the public has not seen them interacting very much over the years. To me she's always seemed like an afterthought following Eric, DJT Jr, and especially Ivanka, who hasn't attended the trial at all.

Appearing in photo ops and not much else.

Also it's surprising to me that many of the family members who appeared today haven't bothered to attend the trial in the previous six weeks.
So what's your point? I don't see how this in any way affects the jury in making their decision. JMO.

I understand that you won't agree with me, and that's fine, but IMO the children should not be supporting this man whom they know to be (or should know) a womaniser, an adulterer, a braggart, a rabble-rouser, and a would-be election fixer. Those things are public knowledge. I am not going to mention various other things, but the above are incontestable.

Last edited:

At least Eric schlepped in and out throughout the trial so it didn't come across as staged, maybe he pulled the short straw? lol
Was today Junior's first showing too?
Tiffany should have followed Melania and Ivanka's lead staying far away.
I may stand corrected tomorrow if either one shows for the jury instructions, especially Melania.

So what's your point? I don't see how this in any way affects the jury in making their decision. JMO.

Your question was, why is it wrong for Tiffany to show up to support her father?

My point was that it wasn't wrong at all, just a little surprising due to the reasons I stated.

I was agreeing with you that it wasn't wrong for her to show up.

I said nothing about how it might affect the jury.

I was agreeing with you that it wasn't wrong for her to show up. He's her dad.

Last edited:
Trump is raging that Judge Merchan didn’t let him raise an “advice-of-counsel” defense.That’s not true. His lawyers in March specifically said they didn’t want to make that defense.“He does not intend to assert a formal advice-of-counsel defense…”

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpeg
    IMG_2131.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 2
Wednesday, May 29th:
*Trial continues (Day 18)-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 10am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24 & ended on 5/28/24 with closing arugments. [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays]. Prosecutors rested their case on 5/20/24. Defense began their case on 5/20/24 & ended on 5/21/24. Closing arguments were on 5/28/24.
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.
No trial on 6/3/24-Blanche's son graduation.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-16 (4/22-5/21/24) reference post #464 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-24

5/28/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 17: *Judge Merchan says that he provided the jury instructions to the defense and prosecution on Thursday afternoon and that neither side has commented on them. They are now final.
*Closing arguments by defense attorney Todd Blanche (took over 3 ½ hours).
*Joshua Steinglass blasted Blanche's comment to the jury about prison time as a "blatant & whole inappropriate move" by the defense. Steinglass asked Judge Merchan to provide a curative instruction, a direction given by a judge to correct an erroneous statement.
*Judge Merchan appeared to chastise Blanche after the defense lawyer implored jurors not to send Trump to prison—an unlikely outcome in this case. "I think that statement was outrageous, Mr. Blanche," Merchan said after jurors were excused for their daily lunch break, later adding: "It's simply not allowed. Period. It’s hard for me to imagine how that was accidental in any way." Merchan told the court that he plans to give jurors a curative instruction—in other words, general direction that is aimed at clearing up an erroneous statement.
*Judge Merchan begins with an instruction to the jury after Todd Blanche ended his closing statement by telling jurors they can't send Trump to "prison" based on Michael Cohen's words. "That comment was improper & you must disregard it," he says, adding they shouldn't consider or speculate about possible sentencing, given that's his responsibility.
*Closing arguments by Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass (took about 6 hours).
*Tomorrow's trial proceedings are expected to get underway at 10am, instead of the regular 9:30am with Judge Juan Merchan saying he expects jury instructions to last about an hour. After that, the case will be in the hands of the jury. Merchan said tomorrow's proceedings will conclude at 4:30pm, but he left the door open for the rest of the week, noting that if proceedings are needed on Thursday & Friday, the timing will be determined by how deliberations are progressing.
For more info see post #472 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-24
Trial continues on Wednesday, 5/29/24 @ 10am.

Since the beginning of the trial, Trump has tried to cast doubt on this jury and Donald Trump Jr. did as well yesterday.

It's notable that before the jury was empaneled, the defense had the opportunity to “challenge for cause” each of the jurors. Among the 12 seated jurors, Trump’s team only challenged one — Juror No. 11. Judge Merchan, despite the challenge, seated that juror.

When Trump’s attorneys had the opportunity to, they did not challenge 11 of the 12 jurors deciding Trump’s fate on these charges.
----

Where things stand in the hush money trial​

• Judge Juan Merchan plans to spend about an hour this morning giving instructions to the jury before it begins deliberations. Jurors spent about 11 hours at the courthouse yesterday after closing arguments extended into the evening, concluding just before 8 p.m.
  • The jury will discuss the 34 counts of falsified business records former President Donald Trump faces in connection with a hush money payment to adult film actor Stormy Daniels near the end of the 2016 presidential campaign. Trump has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
  • Court is scheduled to resume at 10 a.m. today, instead of the regular 9:30 a.m., and will conclude at 4:30 p.m. Merchan said the schedule for Thursday and Friday will depend on the status of jury deliberations.

McDonalds for everyone!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Something to note as the jury is set to get the case in short order: once the jury goes into the jury room to deliberate, Trump and his legal team must remain inside the courthouse while the jury is here attempting to reach a verdict.

Since the beginning of the trial, Trump has tried to cast doubt on this jury and Donald Trump Jr. did as well yesterday.

It's notable that before the jury was empaneled, the defense had the opportunity to “challenge for cause” each of the jurors. Among the 12 seated jurors, Trump’s team only challenged one — Juror No. 11. Judge Merchan, despite the challenge, seated that juror.

When Trump’s attorneys had the opportunity to, they did not challenge 11 of the 12 jurors deciding Trump’s fate on these charges.
----

Where things stand in the hush money trial​

• Judge Juan Merchan plans to spend about an hour this morning giving instructions to the jury before it begins deliberations. Jurors spent about 11 hours at the courthouse yesterday after closing arguments extended into the evening, concluding just before 8 p.m.
  • The jury will discuss the 34 counts of falsified business records former President Donald Trump faces in connection with a hush money payment to adult film actor Stormy Daniels near the end of the 2016 presidential campaign. Trump has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
  • Court is scheduled to resume at 10 a.m. today, instead of the regular 9:30 a.m., and will conclude at 4:30 p.m. Merchan said the schedule for Thursday and Friday will depend on the status of jury deliberations.
Juror 11
  • Works for a multinational apparel company
  • Not a native New Yorker
  • Not married and doesn’t have children
  • Doesn’t really follow news but occasionally follows headlines
  • Said she does not like Trump’s “persona” and “he just seems very selfish and self-serving”
Vaughn Hillyard and Rebecca Shabad

When Trump’s attorneys had the opportunity to, they did not challenge 11 of the 12 jurors deciding Trump’s fate on these charges

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...hush-money-case-jury-deliberations-rcna154410

1m ago / 10:46 AM EDT
Judge explains that one person can be criminally liable for the conduct of another under certain circumstances
[IMG]

[IMG]

Lisa Rubin and Rebecca Shabad
Merchan is now instructing the jurors on the law specific to this case. This is the “acting in concert” instruction.

He told the jurors that one person can be criminally liable for the conduct of another when the first person solicits, requests, commands, importunes or intentionally aided the other to engage in that crime and did so with the necessary state of mind, even if the first person did not personally commit the crime.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...hush-money-case-jury-deliberations-rcna154410

MAGAs at their best
-------------------------

Mother of Jan. 6 officer Michael Fanone swatted after he called Trump 'authoritarian'​

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...lled-trump-authoritarian-rcna154467WASHINGTON — Michael Fanone, a former police officer who was nearly killed by a mob during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, spoke outside the courthouse during closing arguments in Donald Trump's hush money trial on Tuesday, calling Trump "an authoritarian" with "a violence fetish."

Hours later, Fanone's mother was "swatted" at her home in Virginia.

On Tuesday, a fake "manifesto" attributed to Fanone was sent to a number of email addresses, including some associated with a high school that Fanone attended for a year more than two decades ago. The "manifesto," viewed by NBC News, claimed that the writer had killed their mother and planned to go to the recipient's school on Wednesday and shoot more people. It provided Fanone's mother's home address.
That night, Fanone told NBC News, his mother opened the door to law enforcement while in her nightgown, "mortified" to find SWAT team officers at her home.

"How dangerous is it to send law enforcement to an address in which you essentially are describing an active shooter, in which the only person present is a 78-year-old f---ing woman," Fanone told NBC News. "This is the reality of going up against or challenging Donald Trump. ... These swatting calls are incredibly f---ing dangerous, especially when the target is somebody like my mom."

Last edited:
Finally, he says, there are a few remaining rules they must abide: 1-while here deliberating, you will be kept together in the jury room and may not leave during; 2-give cell phone or other electronic device to court officers during deliberation; 3-deliberation must only occur...
...when all jurors are gathered together; 4-during deliberation, discuss the case only among yourselves, no one else.The plan today is to work until 4:30pm, and we will reassess the schedule as we approach that deadline, if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper