GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #1 reads Fox News which is as pro-Trump a mainstream media outlet as you can find, so there's another possible Trump supporter there. I think in a case like this it's impossible to find a wholly impartial jury because it's hard not to have an opinion on a president during your lifetime, let alone one as divisive as Trump.
We don't know if either of the 2 lawyers on the jury are pro-Trump and will try to use their legal background to sway jurors and therefore some jurors may be intimidated by them.
Neither are criminal lawyers.

I'm glad that neither lawyer is the foreperson.

edit:
OOPS!
Just read the foreperson Juror #1 is a Foxer... lol

I dislike #45 intensely, so much so I haven't said his name since he got elected. I have also watched Fox news just to check-in on what they were saying and making a big deal about. Didn't turn me into a MAGA. So I might give them a pass if they were also just checking in.
I believe they also watch MSNBC, which strikes me as someone who wants to be informed of both sides.

We don't know if either of the 2 lawyers on the jury are pro-Trump and will try to use their legal background to sway jurors and therefore some jurors may be intimidated by them.
Neither are criminal lawyers.

I'm glad that neither lawyer is the foreperson.

edit:
OOPS!
Just read the foreperson Juror #1 is a Foxer... lol
IMO:
If you can seriously read/view these 4 news outlets then your Trump support or lack there of can't be that strong.
I find Fox and Daily Mail dangerous and nauseating.
It could be his wanting to really get on the jury so he cut the baby in half?
Of course I could be wrong.

JUROR 1:

Originally from Ireland, the first juror and foreperson lives in West Harlem and has worked in sales for 28 years. The juror attended some college, and they said they get their news from the New York Times, Daily Mail, Fox News and MSNBC. The juror said they have heard about Trump’s three other criminal cases, to which Trump has pleaded not guilty.

JUROR 2:
An investment banker who lives with a spouse in Hell’s Kitchen in Midtown Manhattan, Juror 2 has a master’s degree in business administration and gets most of their news from the social media platform X. The juror follows former Trump lawyer and prosecution witness Michael Cohen on social media, as well as Mueller She Wrote, a popular anti-Trump account.

Last edited:
GOP allies misrepresent judge's instructions
rebecca-shabad-byline-jm-1.jpg

ginger-gibson-byline-jm-1.jpg

Rebecca Shabad and Ginger Gibson
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., once an opponent of Trump when they ran for president in 2016, tweeted that the judge told the jury that they don't have to unanimously agree on which crime was committed.

"Judge in Trump case in NYC just told jury they don’t have to unanimously agree on which crime was committed as long as they all at least pick one. And that among the crimes the can pick from are ones Trump WASN’T EVEN CHARGED WITH!!! This is exactly the kind of sham trial used," he wrote.

That’s a blatant misrepresentation of what Judge Merchan said. The judge told the jury that they don’t have to unanimously agree on what crime Trump was trying to cover up. They just have to agree he was trying to cover up a crime.

Jonathan Turley, one of Trump’s favorite legal scholars, also tweeted about the judge's comments. He was retweeted by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who added, “This 'trial' is a mockery of the justice system from beginning to end.”

The talking point was soon echoed by commentators on Fox News.

Trump trial live updates: Jury begins deliberations in former president's hush money case

Maybe he did lie about that. That would add to his unreliability as a witness which pretty much shoots down the prosecutions case.

The paper trail with phone logs,photos,checks,and notes proves that there was a legal non disclosure act done with or without President Trumps knowledge. JMO.

Yes, I think everyone will agree that there was a non disclosure payment made, and that it never was a legal fee paid to the lawyer for services rendered. We can call that a fact. That's where the paper trail leads and that's what Cohen said in his testimony.

But that's the problem, isn't it. Cohen was actually telling the truth during the trial, supported by the paper trail. The jury isn't going to be able to interpret the expense any other way. There were no alternate explanations.

Note from jurors contains 4 requests, judge says​

“The note contains 4 requests," Judge Juan Merchan says.
According to the judge, the jury wants:
  • David Pecker’s testimony regarding a phone conversation with Donald Trump while Pecker was in the investor meeting.
  • Pecker's testimony about the decision not to finalize and fund the assignment of Karen McDougal's life rights.
  • Pecker's testimony regarding a Trump Tower meeting.
  • Michael Cohen's testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting.

Yes, I think everyone will agree that there was a non disclosure payment made, and that it never was a legal fee paid to the lawyer for services rendered. We can call that a fact. That's where the paper trail leads and that's what Cohen said in his testimony.

But that's the problem, isn't it. Cohen was actually telling the truth during the trial, supported by the paper trail. The jury isn't going to be able to interpret the expense any other way. There were no alternate explanations.
In my opinion paying your lawyer to do something is a legal expense. JMO.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche has been standing behind the defense table flipping through printed pages of a transcript.

Trump's been seated at the defense table, too. He's talking talking with his attorney Emil Bove now. Alina Habba is leaning over the rail speaking closely with Susan Necheles.

At the prosecution table, prosecutor Joshua Steinglass is also flipping through a thick transcript stack, marking up pages with a pen.

The jury has requested parts of the testimony be read again, and we're waiting for that to begin.

If you haven't yet voted in the official Websleuth guilty or not guilty poll, please do so.

You identity will remain anonymous.

Currently of the 56 members that have voted, 85.7% believe Trump is guilty, while only 14.3% think Trump is not guilty.

Blanche's defense.
1. Trump never had the alleged affair with Stormy.
2. He never told Cohen to pay-off Stormy Cohen decided to do that himself.
3.Cohen and Daniel's conspired to extort Trump for money
4. Trump had a retainer with Cohen after winning the White House and paid him for legal service.
5.Cut ties after Cohen plead guilty to this scheme.

3m ago / 3:51 PM EDT
Trump and his lawyers have small discussions in the courtroom
[IMG]

+2
Lisa Rubin, Tom Winter and Zoë Richards
There is some chatter in the courtroom while Merchan is off the bench.

Trump has been leaning over and periodically talking with his attorney Emil Bove; they were engaged in discussions as Bove paged through the trial transcript. Trump appeared to be writing or paging through something at the defense table. He is slightly hunched over and his right arm can be seen moving.

Trump lawyers Susan Necheles and Alina Habba were chatting at the railing where the gallery meets the courtroom well. Necheles walked away, smiling, and Habba collected her belongings and walked out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...hush-money-case-jury-deliberations-rcna154410
Lisa Rubin, Tom Winter and Zoë Richards
There is some chatter in the courtroom while Merchan is off the bench.

Trump has been leaning over and periodically talking with his attorney Emil Bove; they were engaged in discussions as Bove paged through the trial transcript. Trump appeared to be writing or paging through something at the defense table. He is slightly hunched over and his right arm can be seen moving.

Trump lawyers Susan Necheles and Alina Habba were chatting at the railing where the gallery meets the courtroom well. Necheles walked away, smiling, and Habba collected her belongings and walked out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...hush-money-case-jury-deliberations-rcna154410

Quote Reply
Report Edit
Prev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads