GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The jurors: who is on the Trump trial jury?​

Juror No 1​

Juror No 1, a man, works in sales and previously worked as a waiter, and has some college education. He is married with no children, and says he gets news from a range of outlets such as the New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News and MSNBC.

Juror No 2​

Juror No 2 is a married man who works in investment banking. He has an MBA in finance. He described himself as someone who “reads basically everything” and said that while he doesn’t hold any strong beliefs or opinions, he does follow the news and sees Trump’s Truth Social posts via Twitter. He told the court that he had not read any of Trump’s books, but had seen quotes from The Art of the Deal.

Juror No 3​

Juror No 3 is a man who appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s, who is originally from the west coast. He works in corporate law and said that he gets his news from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and Google.

Juror No 4​

Juror No 4 is a man who is originally from the west coast. He is a security engineer with some college education, and is married with children. He said he was not on social media, and once served on a criminal jury in the past though could not remember the verdict. When asked if he had any concerns about returning a guilty verdict, he said no.

Juror No 5​

Juror No 5 is a young woman who said that she had friends with strong opinions on Trump, but that she was not a political person and avoided the news. She said she did appreciate Trump’s candor, and that he “speaks his mind, and I’d rather that than someone who’s in office who you don’t know what they’re thinking”.

Juror No 6​

Juror No 6 is a woman who works in tech. She told the court that she had no strong feelings about Trump, and pledged to be fair and impartial. She is unmarried with no children, and gets her news from the New York Times, Google, Facebook and TikTok.

Juror No 7​

Juror No 7 is a man in his late middle age who works as a civil litigator. He is married with children and has never served on a jury. He gets his news from a variety of outlets including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and the Washington Post, and from podcasts.

Juror No 8​

Juror No 8 is a retired wealth manager who is married with children. Asked if he had any strong opinions about Trump, he paused for a moment before answering yes. When the judge followed up to ask him if he could be fair and impartial, he said he could.

Juror No 9​

Juror No 9 is a woman who told the court she believed she could fully follow the judge’s instructions, but was not well versed in legal proceedings. She lives alone, does not follow the news closely and is originally from New Jersey.

Juror No 10​

Juror No 10 is a man who works in e-commerce and said he did not really check the news, but listens to podcasts on behavioral psychology. He is originally from Ohio.

Juror No 11​

Juror No 11 is a woman who said she did not follow the news, but did watch late-night comedy shows. She is originally from California, and said she had never rallied for or against Trump. One of her close friends was convicted of financial fraud, she said.

Juror No 12​

Juror No 12 is a woman who works as a physical therapist. She lived in a few states before coming to New York, reads major news outlets and listens to podcasts about sports and faith.

"Merchan acknowledged former Trump fixer Michael Cohen as an accomplice, reminding jurors they could not convict a defendant based solely on an accomplice’s testimony unless it is corroborated by other evidence or witnesses."

Trump is raging that Judge Merchan didn’t let him raise an “advice-of-counsel” defense.That’s not true. His lawyers in March specifically said they didn’t want to make that defense.“He does not intend to assert a formal advice-of-counsel defense…”

Gasp! Please don't tell me Trump lied? OMG he never does that lOL

The jurors: who is on the Trump trial jury?​

Juror No 1​

Juror No 1, a man, works in sales and previously worked as a waiter, and has some college education. He is married with no children, and says he gets news from a range of outlets such as the New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News and MSNBC.

Juror No 2​

Juror No 2 is a married man who works in investment banking. He has an MBA in finance. He described himself as someone who “reads basically everything” and said that while he doesn’t hold any strong beliefs or opinions, he does follow the news and sees Trump’s Truth Social posts via Twitter. He told the court that he had not read any of Trump’s books, but had seen quotes from The Art of the Deal.

Juror No 3​

Juror No 3 is a man who appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s, who is originally from the west coast. He works in corporate law and said that he gets his news from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and Google.

Juror No 4​

Juror No 4 is a man who is originally from the west coast. He is a security engineer with some college education, and is married with children. He said he was not on social media, and once served on a criminal jury in the past though could not remember the verdict. When asked if he had any concerns about returning a guilty verdict, he said no.

Juror No 5​

Juror No 5 is a young woman who said that she had friends with strong opinions on Trump, but that she was not a political person and avoided the news. She said she did appreciate Trump’s candor, and that he “speaks his mind, and I’d rather that than someone who’s in office who you don’t know what they’re thinking”.

Juror No 6​

Juror No 6 is a woman who works in tech. She told the court that she had no strong feelings about Trump, and pledged to be fair and impartial. She is unmarried with no children, and gets her news from the New York Times, Google, Facebook and TikTok.

Juror No 7​

Juror No 7 is a man in his late middle age who works as a civil litigator. He is married with children and has never served on a jury. He gets his news from a variety of outlets including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and the Washington Post, and from podcasts.

Juror No 8​

Juror No 8 is a retired wealth manager who is married with children. Asked if he had any strong opinions about Trump, he paused for a moment before answering yes. When the judge followed up to ask him if he could be fair and impartial, he said he could.

Juror No 9​

Juror No 9 is a woman who told the court she believed she could fully follow the judge’s instructions, but was not well versed in legal proceedings. She lives alone, does not follow the news closely and is originally from New Jersey.

Juror No 10​

Juror No 10 is a man who works in e-commerce and said he did not really check the news, but listens to podcasts on behavioral psychology. He is originally from Ohio.

Juror No 11​

Juror No 11 is a woman who said she did not follow the news, but did watch late-night comedy shows. She is originally from California, and said she had never rallied for or against Trump. One of her close friends was convicted of financial fraud, she said.

Juror No 12​

Juror No 12 is a woman who works as a physical therapist. She lived in a few states before coming to New York, reads major news outlets and listens to podcasts about sports and faith.
Juror #5 concerns me: she likes that he speaks his mind. I have heard that phrase many times from Trump supporters. just sayin' At least none of the jurors get their news from Tik Tok

Jury deliberations began at 11:37 a.m.​

Rebecca Shabadis in Washington, D.C.
Jury deliberations technically began at 11:37 a.m. rather than 11:28, when they walked out of the courtroom because Merchan called jurors 4 and 6 back in to learn how to use the laptop containing evidence related to the trial. The jury has been instructed to refrain from deliberating unless they're all present.
------------
Trump posted on Truth Social in all caps saying, "I don't even know what the charges are in this rigged case — I am entitled to specificity just like anyone else. There is no crime!"

Judge Merchan, however, read the charges in great detail earlier in the courtroom that Trump was sitting in.

Juror #5 concerns me: she likes that he speaks his mind. I have heard that phrase many times from Trump supporters. just sayin' At least none of the jurors get their news from Tik Tok
She likes that he speaks his mind? The fact that 95% of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is verifiable nonsense and she still likes that he speaks his mind is not concerning, it's downright scary. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
McDonalds for everyone!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Something to note as the jury is set to get the case in short order: once the jury goes into the jury room to deliberate, Trump and his legal team must remain inside the courthouse while the jury is here attempting to reach a verdict.
I hope the poor man can find a warmer part of the courthouse! IMO

Juror #1 reads Fox News which is as pro-Trump a mainstream media outlet as you can find, so there's another possible Trump supporter there. I think in a case like this it's impossible to find a wholly impartial jury because it's hard not to have an opinion on a president during your lifetime, let alone one as divisive as Trump.

Juror #1 reads Fox News which is as pro-Trump a mainstream media outlet as you can find, so there's another possible Trump supporter there. I think in a case like this it's impossible to find a wholly impartial jury because it's hard not to have an opinion on a president during your lifetime, let alone one as divisive as Trump.
I dislike #45 intensely, so much so I haven't said his name since he got elected. I have also watched Fox news just to check-in on what they were saying and making a big deal about. Didn't turn me into a MAGA. So I might give them a pass if they were also just checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024