GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3m ago
Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg begins the news conference by thanking the jury for its service.

Jurors perform a “fundamental civic duty” and their service is “literally the cornerstone of our judicial system”, he says.

“We should all be thankful” for the “careful attention” that the jury paid over the past several weeks, he says, noting that they reviewed call logs, text messages and emails, heard recording, saw checks and invoices, bank statements and calendar appointments.

This type of white collar prosecution is core to what we do at the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.

2m ago
Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg thanks the “phenomenal” prosecution team who he says “embodies the finest traditions” of the office.

They are model public servants and I am proud and humbled to serve side-by-side with them.

1m ago
Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg says “12 everyday jurors” vowed to make a decision based on the evidence and the law and the evidence and the law alone”.

Their deliberations led them to a unanimous conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant Donald J Trump is guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree to conceal a scheme to corrupt the 2016 election.
He adds:

While this defendant might be unlike any other in American history, we arrived at this trial and ultimately today this verdict in the same manner as every other case ...
Bragg says he wants to express “deep gratitude” to the NYPD and all those involved in securing the courthouse, ensuring everyone’s safety and making sure the courthouse continued seamlessly.

And to think this jury used his testimony to vote for a conviction. JMO

Indeed, they did. Interesting to me that Mr Trump brought no real evidence to court. He had Mr. Cohen for many years do his bidding. Mr. Cohen would have done anything to stay in Trump World. Trump turned his back. Cohen had back up to much of his testimony. Mr. Trump may have cut a tie that was used to hang him in this instance. He could have kept Cohen close and he would never have been in this position.

Indeed, they did. Interesting to me that Mr Trump brought no real evidence to court. He had Mr. Cohen for many years do his bidding. Mr. Cohen would have done anything to stay in Trump World. Trump turned his back. Cohen had back up to much of his testimony. Mr. Trump may have cut a tie that was used to hang him in this instance. He could have kept Cohen close and he would never have been in this position.
I thought that President Trumps defense team should have rested after the prosecution was finished because I felt that they didn't prove their case. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406