GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

If you wish to keep the thread open and/or keep your ability to participate in the thread, stay on topic. The topic is DJT's hush money trial.

We expect our members to treat all of our other members with respect. Please check your posts before you hit "post reply," and hit the backspace if you need to.

Thanks,
Knitty

The fact that many many men of low moral character have been elected to government as well as a candidate is a...reality.

We really have no idea what is done behind closed doors since Benjamin Franklin was the first president. And frankly I probably don't want to even know.

So many of these men and probably women have done wicked, atrocious things all thru history and we don't even know about it.

I know you mean George Washington as the first president, and Franklin was never the president.

I understand your point. There have indeed been men of low moral character in the highest office.

The difference is we live in a wholly different world than the days of the founders.

In the past, the citizenry did not have 24-7 access to the private lives of politicians. They only knew what was in the newspapers, if they were even literate.

Even then, reporters, including at the time JFK was in office, often withheld salacious personal information about famous people, including politicians.

Even our most respected presidents such as Washington were slave owners, yet in the context of the day that wasn’t seen as the great shame we know it to be now.

At a time when only landholding white men could vote, and no one had TV, radio, or the Internet, most people were unaware of the personal failings of the “great men.”

We no longer have that excuse. We are privy to much of their sins now and we can choose to take that into account when we vote.

IMO

40m ago

Trump family reacts to verdict​

Donald Trump’s children have been posting their reactions to the guilty verdict on social media.

Donald Trump Jr, the former president’s eldest child, said the Democrats had “succeeded in their years long attempt to turn America into a third-world shithole”, adding in a later post that “they’re not even trying to hide the ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!!”

Eric Trump, Trump’s third child who has regularly attended his father’s trial, said today “might be remembered as the day Donald J. Trump won the 2024 Presidential Election.”

Lara Trump, Eric Trump’s wife and co-chair of the Republican National Committee, posted a photo of her father-in-law with a quote reading:

And the PR campaign is underway.
He has been found guilty. His family is using the guilty verdict to rally sympathy and fear.

Last edited:
I'm sure this will not prevent him from being the Republican nominee.

I'm so old I remember when Republicans bragged about being the party of law and order.

The party still has time to clean up their image of corruption and lawlessness before the next election. But to do so, they will have to condemn the criminal actions of their leader and replace him with a person of honour and integrity.

3m ago
In a tweet on Thursday evening, New York City mayor Eric Adams said he had NYPD personnel on standby for “any and all circumstances, including large-scale protests”.

“Our criminal justice process must be respected,” he said.

Anti-Trump protestors and Trump supporters alike had gathered outside the criminal court house in New York City as the verdict was announced. There have been no reports of large-scale protests or unrest at this time.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Donald Trump was still convicted by a jury agreed on by both parties, after carefully examining the evidence and applying our laws to it. Donald Trump was proven to be guilty, a criminal and a convicted felon. If he wasn't guilty of felony crimes, then he wouldn't have been convicted of them. That's the main issue here, he is guilty. I would want any such high level criminal leader to be exposed, regardless of which party they were with.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed

Trump was the first businessman that had enough clout and money to get "in" and make a difference. And everyone hated him for it. Including 75% of Republicans back in the day. And yes, it's true everyone, you can't get elected without a crap load of money and support.

Trumps not outraged 12 nobodies usurped his life. He's not surprised. His life has been difficult since the day he took office. How dare he be a non politician trying to secure the presidency with no one in his pocket? IMO
Would the jurors still be "nobodies" if they found him not guilty?

DJT made the decision to run for President, and from the moment he came down that escalator, his decision opened him up to more scrutiny than he'd ever had in his life. The whole world was watching him and continues to do so. That's what happens when you run for the highest office in the US. It's not supposed to be easy. But HE made the choice. IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed

Trump was the first businessman that had enough clout and money to get "in" and make a difference. And everyone hated him for it. Including 75% of Republicans back in the day. And yes, it's true everyone, you can't get elected without a crap load of money and support.

Trumps not outraged 12 nobodies usurped his life. He's not surprised. His life has been difficult since the day he took office. How dare he be a non politician trying to secure the presidency with no one in his pocket? IMO

Well 12 "nobodies" convicted him.

His pockets were full.

2 Cents

I don't know that I could be as brave as those jurors.
I agree and that's very worrisome, a president targeting people and threatening people who don't bow down to him. That's not how we do things in the USA. That's what fascists and dictators do. Hopefully, Felon Trump will soon be a sad chapter in our country's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob