GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip: Please don't insult others who hold a different opinion>

Of course, Trump is following the old fascist playbook and that whole CULT of personality taking the place of the Constitution thing is part of trying to dismantle our democracy and take over as dictator. Hopefully, enough people do NOT fall for it and do NOT twist themselves into pretzels to justify and rationalize anything Felon Trump does. SMH
January 23, 2016

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

Last edited by a moderator:
We may never know, although I would hope that this would be known during the appeal process.
Since it looks like it violates the Sixth Amendment's right to be informed of your crimes or accusations it will most likely be grounds for an appeal.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

i went back to read stormy daniel’s testimony and it’s… challenging. the whole story makes me want to crawl out of my skin

I’m not a fan of hers, nor of what she did for a living, to be honest.

Yet my sensibilities about this are immaterial.

They had sex. He didn’t want Melania/the public to know. Therefore he needed accomplices to cover this up for him.

How to do this? Well, get your buddies in the publishing world and legal world to kill the story, convey money to Stormy and make it look like a legitimate business expenditure.

The “hush” heard ‘round the world.

JMO but also proven in court.

Last edited:
January 23, 2016

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."
True. And statements like that, and many others, from a president are cause for very loud alarm bells from the citizens. Highly abnormal. Not to mention the circus-like (or revival-like) rallies, getting the crowd to chant "Lock her up!" about his political opponent and so much more. Horrifying and fascist.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to no link>The defense wasn't denied the opportunity to put Bradley Smith on the stand.
They chose not to because they didn't get carte blanche from Judge Merchan on what he could be asked.

Was it the Oct 24,2016 phone call that Cohen made to Keith Schiller that Blanche said Cohen lied about on direct?

Yes, Blanche said Cohen couldn’t have covered what he claimed he said to Trump and Schiller in 96 seconds. Apparently the jury believed Cohen.

What I would really like to know is which one of the three possible underlying crimes needed for this conviction did the jury find to be true and what was their count. Was it 4-4-4 or some other count. JMO.
snipped

they doesn’t need to be which specific underlying crimes committed. the conviction is based on the general evidence to commit or conceal illegal activity. the way to do this is proof of falsification AS WELL AS an intent to deceive / defraud. in this case, it seems the prosecution proved all of that.

snipped

their verdict doesn’t need to be which specific underlying crimes committed. the conviction is based on the general evidence to commit or conceal illegal activity. the way to do this is proof of falsification qnd an intent to deceive / defraud.
That's why I feel that this will overturned at the State level.

It's obviously unconstitutional and will be reversed. JMO.

True. And statements like that, and many others, from a president are cause for very loud alarm bells from the citizens. Highly abnormal. Not to mention the circus-like (or revival-like) rallies, getting the crowd to chant "Lock her up!" about his political opponent and so much more. Horrifying and fascist.
And Trump said that 8 yrs ago.

Maya Angelou - "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

I quite enjoyed his interview. I’d be pissed too if Trump had me do his dirty work, cut me loose, and I was the only one sent to prison. He admitted his guilt many times in the interview.
And he's also admitted that he wanted revenge because of the wrongs you mention.

Obvious motive to lie by a serial liar. JMO.

That's why I feel that this will overturned at the State level.

It's obviously unconstitutional and will be reversed. JMO.
unfortunately for your hopes, you have the grueling legal process against you as well as precedence and judicial review. judges don’t like dissenting from other judges, believe it or not. especially when courts have established time and time again what falsification is, proper business records, etc etc. the appellate process isn’t easy: it goes through the state courtS (notice it’s plural — two separate state courts need to agree there is infringement) AND ONLY if federal constitutional issues are implicated and after exhausting state remedies will there be an appeal.

i said it before: he is cooked.

Last edited:
You mean like this?
www.bloomberg.com

Trump Campaign Sends Appeal for Donations After Guilty Verdict

Donald Trump is seeking to spin his criminal conviction into gold with an appeal to donors to contribute money to his newly embattled presidential campaign.
www.bloomberg.com
www.bloomberg.com
This post made me think of the son of sam laws. JMO. Not sure if fundraising off felony convictions would be considered profiting from a crime? Still searching for a link to the law in NY that I can understand, lol, so just an honest question for now. Any lawyers here who could offer their thoughts? TIA.

Just bringing my question over from the previous thread. JMO

unfortunately, you have the grueling legal process against you as well as precedence and judicial review. judges don’t like dissenting from other judges, believe it or not. especially when courts have established time and time again what falsification is, proper business records, etc etc. the appellate process isn’t easy: it goes through the state courtS (notice it’s plural — two separate state courts need to agree there is infringement) AND ONLY if federal constitutional issues are implicated and after exhausting state remedies will there be an appeal.

i said it before: he is cooked.
That's true. No way will this be reversed before the election. JMO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to no link to information stated as fact>

This was included in the jury instructions in the so-called "hush money" case, so yes, the judge included the violation of FEC law as a possible crime, even though we know from the FEC that it wasn't illegal.

The third “unlawful” action could be violating the Federal Election Campaign Act, meaning Cohen’s payment to Daniels was a contribution to Trump’s campaign that exceeded the legal limit—which Cohen already pleaded guilty to.

This post made me think of the son of sam laws. JMO. Not sure if fundraising off felony convictions would be considered profiting from a crime? Still searching for a link to the law in NY that I can understand, lol, so just an honest question for now. Any lawyers here who could offer their thoughts? TIA.

Just bringing my question over from the previous thread. JMO
Sounds like it would be election interference to me.

That's means it just may happen. JMO.

This was included in the jury instructions in the so-called "hush money" case, so yes, the judge included the violation of FEC law as a possible crime, even though we know from the FEC that it wasn't illegal.

The third “unlawful” action could be violating the Federal Election Campaign Act, meaning Cohen’s payment to Daniels was a contribution to Trump’s campaign that exceeded the legal limit—which Cohen already pleaded guilty to.

Thanks. And that's why I'd like to know which one of the underlying crimes they found happen.

I want to go over the evidence the jury used to come to that conclusion and if it was even a crime that could be heard in state court instead of Federal court. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back