GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of her claims - in an attempt to escape accountability for her lies during the recorded interviews with LE - was that she was not a native English speaker. She did not discover this about herself until after JLS became her attorney.

So, the Court added an English-to-Spanish translator in the courtroom and she (supposedly) listens through those earbuds.

ok ty that's what I thought
arghhh

One of her claims - in an attempt to escape accountability for her lies during the recorded interviews with LE - was that she was not a native English speaker. She did not discover this about herself until after JLS became her attorney.

So, the Court added an English-to-Spanish translator in the courtroom and she (supposedly) listens through those earbuds.
Yes, and also wanted to add that from video shown of in-court today it appeared two people had ear buds / possible in-ear translation? MT and her father? MOO

Beautiful , classy and heart felt as always. The way Jennifer’s friends and family conduct themselves is truly a model for us all.
The difference between the messaging of the families/ friends Of Troconis vs Dulos is stark and speaks volumes to me.
Imo
Yes, very big contrast as you point out to Schoenhorn and the Troconis family claiming an unfair trial, insufficient evidence to convict and that the Stamford Judiciary trial experience was no different in their view than that found in Venezuela.

Right.

If this were the case then why are they all sadly residing in this Country?

MOO

Brilliant! I'm reminded that Constantine (age 10 at the time of his mother's murder), set the record straight today about MT trying to set up PG who he described as a kind man.

Out of the mouth of a child-- who obviously knew PG to be a man his mother trusted to assist them, in secret, gradually move their belongings out of the family home they shared with Fotis.

JLS, listen up.

And wasn’t there testimony that one of the elder dogs much preferred PG over its owner. Wasn’t it said that the dog laid under PG’s desk somewhere often IIRC?

Thanks to all! MOO

I believe the Post reported that the Family did not speak following sentencing, and body guards did not allow reporters to approach them.

But I don't doubt friends and supporters told The Post the sentence was a "slap in the face." It was. JMO
I believe the Post comment as the friends and family had to be crushed with the outcome today. CL put a somewhat positive spin on it in the statement but I find it hard to believe that in her heart given the frustration with the process of hearsay evidence that she expressed today in her statement, that she is at all satisfied with the end result.

It was a 'slap in the face' and whoever said this imo was correct. Everyone knows that justice is imperfect but its one thing to know it and another thing entirely to experience it. Its an awful feeling and I can just imagine how friends and family, CSP Officers and States Attorney's Manning and McGuiness work through this result. Its tough.

But, I think what very much surprised me was Judge Randolph essentially wiping the 4 lesser charges off the table of sentencing almost dismissively imo by quickly using the word "concurrently". I can hear just this statement from him and the way it was so quickly delivered to really send a knife through the heart of friends and family, particularly given that Judge Randolph droned on endlessly about 'philosophy' judicial and otherwise for quite a long time imo.

I think Judge Randolph knew how this sentence would go over with the friends and family and even though he might not have cared (he said as much that his job had nothing to do with the parties involved), the reality was that you would have to have the emotional intelligence of a stone (or MT) to not realise how the sentence would be received by the friends and family.

Condolences to the friends and family (ditto for CSP and State's Attorneys) for the CT Judiciary and this long and unnecessarily long process and I pray you all manage to find peace.

MOO

Last edited:
I believe the Post reported that the Family did not speak following sentencing, and body guards did not allow reporters to approach them.

But I don't doubt friends and supporters told The Post the sentence was a "slap in the face." It was. JMO
Family friends of Jennifer Dulos were visibly disappointed with Troconis’ sentencing, telling The Post they thought it was “a “slap in the face.”

What heartbreakingly beautiful and articulate statements by Jennifer’s children. It’s clear that they share her and her family’s grace and dignity. I believe she lacks the capacity and the basic human decency for it, but Michelle should be deeply ashamed. (I realize that that is a huge understatement. She has no shame because she has no conscience.) My opinion only.

Last edited:
People who did NOT make statements on behalf of MT's character:

Anyone from the waterski club in Miami, where MT, FD, and FD's & JFD's children once skied.
Anyone from the waterski club in Avon, where MT, FD, and FD's & JFD's children once skied.
Anyone from the school MT's daughter attended while living in Farmington.

(ETA: My guess is that these people were less likely to have seen the Mother Teresa characteristics that the church ladies saw after MT joined their church when LE was investigating and closing in.)

Last edited:
When is the contempt hearing for MT? Kudos to firebrand Carrie Luft for giving us that extra detail—that not satisfied with flashing a copy of the confidential psych report on her laptop in court, MT actually said aloud while leaving the courtroom something like “She was sick.” Also good for Carrie when she cried “slander” against FD’s counsel (Pattis) for pushing his Gone Girl theory. An excerpt from one of his blog posts way back in 2012 showed how taken he was with the novel: “…Gone Girl is must reading for criminal defense lawyers. Consider the first part of the book to be an illustration of the power of circumstantial evidence to deceive…”

Every Juror Should Read Gone Girl

So Pattis must’ve thought he had his dream case, where he would use the courtroom as his stage, and gain not only fame, but big bucks retainer fees too. But then his dream went poof in carbon monoxide. Has anyone noticed how much NP has aged in 5 years? Looks more like 10 to me.

Time has taken its toll on MT, too. MT should beware. Even hardened prison inmates tend to single out other offenders who have victimized children.

Lawyer Lee is Live now doing a recap of the days events for those that missed the activities of today or have questions on some of the finer legal points - skip ahead to about 5 min mark or slighly beyond to skip the fluff:

Lawyer Lee says she didn't hear it, but I recall that Judge Randolph said the sentencing range for the Conspiracy to Murder charge was 1 year to 20 years.

While disappointed in the length of the sentence, I am heartened that she will age as most do in prison--- rapidly. Her lawyer spoke about her being in solitary for 23 hours a day. Well, now her time gets harder because she will be in general population. Additionally, many in prison don't really like people who try to assert their privilege.

I do believe that she was affected by the words of the brave and articulate children. They knew and know her. Their words will ring in her ears if she has a soul. If not, these kids will have made their mother proud in speaking truth to evil.

I hope they can all begin to heal and not think about this woman every day. Once the next trial is over, I hope that they will never have to look at her or KM again in their lives. The ugliness of their actions should be something they can purge from their lives.

Lawyer Lee says she didn't hear it, but I recall that Judge Randolph said the sentencing range for the Conspiracy to Murder charge was 1 year to 20 years.

Yes, that is what I heard as well. The concurrent sentence made it so the range was only the 20. If consecutive, he could have given her close to 45 years. That said, since it is concurrent, the appeal issue on the disputed tampering charge is null because the conspiracy charge is 20 and everything is based on that--- the 14.5 years with 5 probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl