GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the range she faced? I thought the cap was 20 years?
Concurrently was the kicker.

Consecutively could have been 20 + 25 for 45 years.

Consecutive is probably unorthodox and sadly easily overturned.

20 years should be 20 served.

And it should never have been 20 in the first place. When a life is taken...

I can only hope every day of her 14.5 years is like a year.

Claudia is now claiming YET AGAIN that MT had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OF JFD.

Claudia is also putting MT on the same level as JFD by saying that BOTH WERE DECEIVED BY FD.

Really? First we have heard about this for MT.

We have now moved from planet Mars to Pluto.

Schoenhorn is claiming is MT had no knowledge of anything. He is claiming she was on Albany because they were, "Going for coffee". He is back to claiming wild things about the 3 cells on the garbage bags.

Now talking about KM and blaming the state for him not being introduced into the MT trial. He seems to be saying it was KM in NC and then shifts to narrative of someone connected to the Suburban bluetooth in NC.

Very rude also to a citizen journalist who was the ONLY person asking tough questions! Kudos to that person asking the tough questions that Horn didn't want to answer.

If I had little faith in CT justice prior to this trial and sentencing then whatever was left is simply gone listening to the endless possibilities for sentence appeal and conviction appeal.
The State's Attorneys imo must be devastated but I hope they know they did an incredible job to get this trial over the line but the issue is that they are sadly in a State where punishment rarely aligns with the convicted charges.

I am simply stunned that Judge Randolph effectively tossed the bottom 4 charges by virtue of his sentence. WHAT kind of message does this send to criminals?

MOO
I agree it is disappointing but she is gonna do time.
As an OP above said, 20 years is like 50 years in her mind. No hair coloring, straightening, primping. No more manis and pedis. Can they even use make-up?
Claudia is now claiming YET AGAIN that MT had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OF JFD.

Claudia is also putting MT on the same level as JFD by saying that BOTH WERE DECEIVED BY FD.

Schoenhorn is claiming is MT had no knowledge of anything. He is claiming she was on Albany because they were, "Going for coffee". He is back to claiming wild things about the 3 cells on the garbage bags.

Now talking about KM and blaming the state for him not being introduced into the MT trial. He seems to be saying it was KM in NC and then shifts to narrative of someone connected to the Suburban bluetooth in NC.

Very rude also to a citizen journalist who was the ONLY person asking tough questions! Kudos to that person asking the tough questions that Horn didn't want to answer.

If I had little faith in CT justice prior to this trial and sentencing then whatever was left is simply gone listening to the endless possibilities for sentence appeal and conviction appeal.
The State's Attorneys imo must be devastated but I hope they know they did an incredible job to get this trial over the line but the issue is that they are sadly in a State where punishment rarely aligns with the convicted charges.

I am simply stunned that Judge Randolph effectively tossed the bottom 4 charges by virtue of his sentence. WHAT kind of message does this send to criminals?

MOO
I agree that it is disappointing , but she is gonna do time. Not what we want but just the same.
As an OP above said 20 years (I know it's reduced ) will seem like 50 to the defendant.
No more preening, dying and straightening her hair. No more manis and pedis. Can she even wear make-up? How bad is the food?
I could use a refresher course with @ajksmom .
JLS and the T's will forever be re-arguing the case.
And the T's are not happy with any sentence.
MOO

Shoenhorn commentary on the steps imo requires at least 2 shots.

I had to stop listening after he claims an unfair trial and he is likening Stamford judiciary process to VENEZUELA.

Guy and his guilty client were just handed a GIFT and he is talking about Venezuela style justice.

I will pay for a plane to take HIM and the Troconis Family AND MT to Venezuela if they promise to stay there.

Simply unreal.

MOO
So unimpressed with Horn’s pronunciation of very basic Spanish names. For his “claim” that he is a Spanish speaker - Paola, common, basic he said Pay-ola. Others he couldn’t even say
Loser

MOO
DBM

I agree it is disappointing but she is gonna do time.
As an OP above said, 20 years is like 50 years in her mind. No hair coloring, straightening, primping. No more manis and pedis. Can they even use make-up?

I agree that it is disappointing , but she is gonna do time. Not what we want but just the same.
As an OP above said 20 years (I know it's reduced ) will seem like 50 to the defendant.
No more preening, dying and straightening her hair. No more manis and pedis. Can she even wear make-up? How bad is the food?
I could use a refresher course with @ajksmom .
JLS and the T's will forever be re-arguing the case.
And the T's are not happy with any sentence.
MOO
You are correct.

Even Schoenhorn I think didn't know what exactly the 12.5 years meant and if this is hard time served where none of the CT fluffy good behaviour guidelines can have an impact.

Perhaps in coming days it will be clarified for the public.

I simply don't understand though why Judge Randolph went with concurrently on the other 4 charges as they were integral imo into all the MT did in this horrific crime.

MOO

You are correct.

Even Schoenhorn I think didn't know what exactly the 12.5 years meant and if this is hard time served where none of the CT fluffy good behaviour guidelines can have an impact.

Perhaps in coming days it will be clarified for the public.

I simply don't understand though why Judge Randolph went with concurrently on the other 4 charges as they were integral imo into all the MT did in this horrific crime.

MOO
It's painful all around.

IDK, someone just reposted the FD/MT Starbucks on Albany photo and I'm scratching my head trying to understand how MT and her family think that MT thought she was just going out for a latte?

The entire 'wrong guy, wrong place, wrong time' narrative is imo simply offensive to the Court as well as the victims.

Does this look like a late afternoon latte conversation to figure out what we're going to be doing over the weekend kinda of conversation?

Don't think so.

Do wonder if Judge is going super conservative on the sentencing to minimize appeal risk? My guess is yes and this makes me profoundly sad as even if he was partially reversed that he would have been left with the minimum which is what he gave MT anyway.

Entire process and delivery of today's Courtroom presentation as orchestrated by Judge Randolph I thought was a travesty for the victims. I do not think that the victims should have had to endure a 1/2 day presentation of Defence 'witnesses' who they didn't have the courage to bring to their trial presentation under oath and I do not think MT deserves the right to make a statement at sentencing when she declined to speak at her own trial.

So many things wrong with today for which I place sole blame on Judge Randolph as there had to be a better and more humane way to handle this process for the victims.

MOO (and enraged at the sentencing 'kiss' to MT and the audacity of her attorney and family to compare the US and Stamford). IF that is how they all feel then why are they not living in Venezuela? We all know the answer to that one....

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 5.34.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Concurrently was the kicker.

Consecutively could have been 20 + 25 for 45 years.

Consecutive is probably unorthodox and sadly easily overturned.

20 years should be 20 served.

And it should never have been 20 in the first place. When a life is taken...

I can only hope every day of her 14.5 years is like a year.

The CT General Assembly has designated only a handful of offenses with mandatory minimum sentences (see Table-1) arranged by class (class A felony, class B felony, etc.), which prohibit suspension or reduction of any sentence. For example, for a class A felony, meaning that the 10 year minimum sentence for class A felonies becomes a mandatory minimum.

IMO, the Table and Statute serve as just one example of what those in power (and/or their constituents) deem acceptable. Very similar to a murderer in CT being eligible for pretrial bail release.

There should be no surprise that most sentences here are ordered served concurrently. JMO

Thoroughly disappointed in the sentence.
At least she is in prison tonight. No bail.

Judge summarized rather nicely why she was found guilty as a nice reminder that she IS guilty, no mistake about it.

All of her “supporters” (with exception of daughter) sounded totally flat and predictable (if you could could actually understand what they were saying / or if their message even made any sense at all).
All trying to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear !

Last edited:
sorry I'm late coming into this but why does she have earbuds in?
One of her claims - in an attempt to escape accountability for her lies during the recorded interviews with LE - was that she was not a native English speaker. She did not discover this about herself until after JLS became her attorney.

So, the Court added an English-to-Spanish translator in the courtroom and she (supposedly) listens through those earbuds.

One of her claims - in an attempt to escape accountability for her lies during the recorded interviews with LE - was that she was not a native English speaker. She did not discover this about herself until after JLS became her attorney.

So, the Court added an English-to-Spanish translator in the courtroom and she (supposedly) listens through those earbuds.
And that Horn is somehow bi-lingual and speaks to her in Spanish which was saw today cannot be true as could not pronounce any of the Spanish names!

Brilliant! I'm reminded that Constantine (age 10 at the time of his mother's murder), set the record straight today about MT trying to set up PG who he described as a kind man.

Out of the mouth of a child-- who obviously knew PG to be a man his mother trusted to assist them, in secret, gradually move their belongings out of the family home they shared with Fotis.

JLS, listen up.

I was especially heartbroken to hear her son P's statement. He is obviously and deservedly angry at what MT cost him. And he regrets that he will never be able to say "I'm sorry" for how he says he treated his mother shortly before she died.

I wish he could have that reconciliation with her too. But, I am certain to the depths of my soul that his mother knew that whatever wrong he had done her, it was the consequence of manipulation by FD (and possibly MT too). And so she forgave P as quickly as it happened and attributed the responsibility to the party who was truly responsible - not just for the harm to JFD, but also for the harm to P because it is NOT RIGHT to hurt your spouse through your children. P was a child and JFD respected that, while FD did not.

I hope that P comes to know that long before he is a father himself and fully comprehends how evil it was that FD used him so.

Brilliant! I'm reminded that Constantine (age 10 at the time of his mother's murder), set the record straight today about MT trying to set up PG who he described as a kind man.

Out of the mouth of a child-- who obviously knew PG to be a man his mother trusted to assist them, in secret, gradually move their belongings out of the family home they shared with Fotis.

JLS, listen up.

Her family has spoken and see the sentence as a slap in the face.Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ