GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. The time, heart and soul that so many people have put into this case, blood, sweat and tears and THIS is what is decided she deserves? I don’t think I’m going to do this again. I liked him and felt good inside about him, but not anymore. My heart breaks for every single person who spoke for Jennifer today. They practically begged him for the max.
Yes, this is quite painful and I feel for the family and friends.

I think we just witnessed a 'weak' form of justice unfortunately and its imo tragic.

MT didn't speak at her own trial ON THE RECORD but yet was allowed to speak at her sentencing. Not sure why this is ok and ditto for all the other folks that spoke and were not subject to cross examination today.

Message from today is that you can effectively torture and torment an individual and their children, participate in the planning and execution of their murder and your 'punishment' for doing so will be 14.5 years but PS under our "good behaviour guidelines" in CT you will be out even sooner! I'm not sure even if MT will serve 14.5 years. Hope one of the legal analysts explains it in the context of the early release possibiliities.

This imo sends a chilling message to all the people subject to domestic violence and abuse who will know that the consequences for their murder will just be a slap on the wrist and that they will be dead and their children parentless.

I hope the State with its preserved right to appeal the dropped hindering charge can SOMEHOW do something with their right to appeal to at least get 5 more years tacked on to this travesty.

MOO

Last edited:
Why in any world would conspiracy to murder be a lower level felony than murder?

Conspiracy increases the likelihood that the murder will be successful AND that the scheme to do it will not be fully detected. At the same time, conspiracy involves the failure of MULTIPLE individual consciences rather than one alone.

Lessening the seriousness of it seems the OPPOSITE of what should happen.
In CT the conspiracy to commit murder gets bumped down to B felony from A felony by Statute.

I agree with your analysis but CT is a soft on serious crime state and so made this adjustment to conspiracy to commit murder charge. You should read the early release good behaviour guidelines but imo only do so after a few shots of hard liquor.

Its all quite disappointing.
MOO

I suspect that MT doesn't feel that good.
14-1/2 years feels like an eternity when you are 49.
And, being incarcerated , IMO, time moves even more slowly.
Lest we forget, wearing an ankle bracelet was a huge burden in her mind.
I imagine she is still adjusting to life behind bars for the last few months.
Her family live out of state so not likely they can visit often.

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 4.20.40 PM.png

I tried to come up with words to describe this image and couldn't.

I simply don't think MT or her family has believed that she has deserved any of this process.
Schoenhorn, if he is still employed by the family, will no doubt ask for time served while on the bracelet and under house arrest.

The CT system is sadly broken and this tragic case is just one more example of it.

Condolences to the true victims of this case.

MOO

Nope, but hoping the family will sue.
That’s a good idea. Fred Goldman remained a thorn in his side for the rest of Oj’s life. They didnt get what they wanted out of the criminal trial, but they did out of the civil trial.
Maybe GF and her grandchildren will get something from a civil trial.

Thanks all that helped follow here! And also helping to understand and interpret. I am saddened that it was not a stiffer sentence and that any time and sentences to be served are concurrent. And one IMO could hope that any appeal will be denied. (Yet, after this today..... maybe I best put a pin in that balloon rightla now.) MOO
I don't think this judge left a lot of room during the trial, if any, for a winning appeal - but we will have to wait and see
As far as the sentence - twenty years( 14.5 then probation) i'ts pretty much what I expected
I also don't fault the judge for the sentence. I found him very fair and even handed throughout the trial
and I have no reason to believe otherwise now.
For a woman of "privelege" like Michi, fourteen years will feel like fifty. I could not help but think when all her supporters were speaking that all her skills they spoke of will come in handy in the prison.
Her daughter is about 18 now, in 14 or so years she will be 32. And Michelle? She'll be 65 ish.

On a side note I found Schoenhorn totally despicable - to throw in Pawel again and also belittle iMchelle's first lawyer Andrew Bowman, plus his other snarly snarls about others etc - He really is loathsome and an embarrassment to his family and the legal profession .
JMO

Too light of a sentence, imo. Tell LE where Jennifer Dulos is. Where is Jennifer Dulos?

Michelle Troconis, the Connecticut woman convicted of helping her boyfriend murder his estranged wife in 2019, was sentenced to 20 years in prison Friday.

Troconis' sentence will be suspended after 14 1/2 years, and she'll serve five years of probation, under the sentence handed down by Stamford Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph.

The defense had pleaded for probation in stark contrast to the prosecution's request of 45 years.

Full article at link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member