GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. The time, heart and soul that so many people have put into this case, blood, sweat and tears and THIS is what is decided she deserves? I don’t think I’m going to do this again. I liked him and felt good inside about him, but not anymore. My heart breaks for every single person who spoke for Jennifer today. They practically begged him for the max.

5/31/24

Michelle Troconis has been sentenced to 20 years, execution suspended after 14 and a half years.

Her sentencing comes five years and one week after Jennifer Dulos disappeared after dropping her five children off at school, on May 24, 2019.

Troconis, 49, faced up to 50 years in prison. Her defense team asked for probation during sentencing on Friday.

Troconis spoke during her sentencing, crying.

“Your honor, I am deeply saddened by this tragedy that has affected so many lives. I found out things before and during trial about a man, Fotis Dulos, I thought I knew and loved," she said.

Color me confused.... and perhaps disappointed. Is it possibly at least 14-1/2 served.... or am I misreading and mishearing that? MOO
She serves 14.5 years in total-then is on probation for 5 years. It is a slap in the face for Jennifer’s family and friends. What was Judge Randolph thinking?

Unbelievable. The time, heart and soul that so many people have put into this case, blood, sweat and tears and THIS is what is decided she deserves? I don’t think I’m going to do this again. I liked him and felt good inside about him, but not anymore. My heart breaks for every single person who spoke for Jennifer today. They practically begged him for the max.

Thanks all that helped follow here! And also helping to understand and interpret. I am saddened that it was not a stiffer sentence and that any time and sentences to be served are concurrent. And one IMO could hope that any appeal will be denied. (Yet, after this today..... maybe I best put a pin in that balloon right now.) MOO

I thought the same thing-and they don’t have as much evidence on him as they did on her
We really don't know what they have and don't have.

CT and NY have sadly been going down the path of these types of sentences for serious crimes now for years. Judge Randolph is a product of the system in which he operates and has to continue to operate.

Judge Randolph craftily distanced himself from any responsibility for this sentence by referring back to the legislature guidelines etc. and then by virtue of running everything concurrently he effectively dismissed the BULK of the jury's work with their conviction.

FWIW I truly believed based solely on his words that Judge Randolph had respect for the work of the Jury. Seems I made a grave error in judgement.

Condolences to GF and the Dulos children along with their friends and extended family for this outcome in this farcical trial. I always understand that justice is imperfect but imo this level of imperfection is unacceptable.

MOO

I'm worried that she may still be subject to good behavior credit which shaves off time to her sentence...
Yes, I am trying to understand if the 14.5 yrs is a 'hard time served' or will the other CT nonsense for good behaviour play into release and probation. Crafts was sentenced to 50 years and out in over 20 iirc and he is still on probation and it was made possible by the good behaviour credit program.

Why in any world would conspiracy to murder be a lower level felony than murder?

Conspiracy increases the likelihood that the murder will be successful AND that the scheme to do it will not be fully detected. At the same time, conspiracy involves the failure of MULTIPLE individual consciences rather than one alone.

Lessening the seriousness of it seems the OPPOSITE of what should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member