GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And since I took all these notes from the 300 PLUS posts - I think I deserve to post this! :D And I can shorten it up a bit too.

Update!

Friday, May 31st:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Superior Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague [Count 5] & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 4-dismissed] (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk #FST-CR-19-0167364-T
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19) [Count 1]. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse #FST-CR20-0241178-T
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution [Count 6], tampering with physical evidence [Count 3[ & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence [Count 2] (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk #FST-CR19-0148553-T
After being found guilty - Bond changed (3/1/24) to $6M Cash/Surety Bond; house arrest. GPS monitoring. Passports surrendered.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24. Jury started deliberations on 2/28/24. Day1-Time: ~5 hours. 2/29 (Day 2)- ~6 hours. 3/1/24 (Day 3): ~1 hour.
Total deliberations: ~12 hours.
Verdict: Guilty of all charges. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
Remanded to jail with bond change to $6M Cash/Surety. Inmate #433612.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 1/10/24 & Trial Days 1-32 (1/11-3/1/24) & Verdict Watch Day 1-3 (2/28 & 3/1/24) & thru 4/10/24 reference post #34 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-2

5/20/24 Update: Defense attorney Schoenhorn filed a motion on 5/20/24 seeking to have the two conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence charges vacated, contending the acts were already covered under the tampering with physical evidence charges. In the motion, Schoenhorn said moving forward with the two charges would constitute "double jeopardy" & violates his client's right to due process. Sentencing hearing on 5/31/24.
5/31/24 Update: Judge Kevin Randolph will go through the PSI report first, then hear the victims' impact statements, then hear from the defendant's loved ones before proceeding with his ruling.
*Judge is hearing Schoenhorn on the motion to vacate the second State believes the Judge has already denied this. The court vacates Count 4. Court says the Conspiracy follows one bad conspiracy. Distinguishes conspiracy to commit murder is different than conspiracy to tamper. Sees no double jeopardy there. State's retains the right to appeal the Court's ruling. Court is making corrections to the sentencing.
*Next PSI report - see link below for details.
*Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning says there are 12 people who will speak during the victim impacts statement portion of the hearing. The court will hear from the people who are most devastated by the defendant's cruel actions. Her mother, sister, five children & friends. See link below for details.
*Victim impact Statements: Gloria Farber, Jennifer's mother. Melissa Farber, Jennifer’s sister. Petros Dulos. He was only 13 the day his mother disappeared.
Reference posts #72 [page 3] & 82 to 85, 92, 96, 98 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-5

*Victim Impact statements continued: Theodore Dulos. He was also 13 when his mother disappeared. Jennifer's close friend Laurel Watts. Christiane, Jennifer daughter who was 10 on the day her mom disappeared. Lauren Almeida, the children's nanny & Jennifer's good friend. Constantine Dulos. He was 10 at the time he lost his mother. Caroline Buckley, a long-time friend of Jennifer & a caregiver to the kids, as well. Noelle, the youngest Dulos child. She was 8 at the time. Carrie Luft, Jennifer's friend.
Reference posts #103, 109, 111, 112, 114, 116, 117 & 119 [page 6] & 124, 125, 131 & 135 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-7

*Prosecutor Michelle Manning statement. Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn's statement.
Reference posts #160 [page 8] & 174 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-9

*Defense impact statements: Rev. Christopher Solimene, Michelle's pastor. Dr. Carlos Troconis, Michelle's father. Marisela Arreaza, Michelle's mother. Sandra Litle (?), a member of Troconis' church. Elizabeth Van Loon, a friend of Michelle Troconis since 2019. Daniela Troconis, Michelle's sister. Eleanor Howard, another friend from church who met Troconis in 2019. Herbert King, Troconis' brother-in-law. Wendy Isgoth (spelling?), another member of the church Troconis attended while under house arrest. Marisela Troconis, sister. Gaston Begue, father of her child. Nicole Begue, daughter.
Reference posts #184, 190, 199 [page 10] & 207 & 213 [page 11] & 221 & 233 [page 12] & 241 [page 13[ & 270 [page 14] & here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-16

*Plus post #482, page 25 for hearing summary article.
*Schoenhorn delivers statement. And Michelle Troconis speaks [see post #539 page 27]
*Troconis was sentenced to 20 years, execution suspended after 14.5 years, for the conspiracy to commit murder charge. The sentence will be followed by 5 years of probation. The maximum prison time for the charge was up to 20 years. Her other sentences will run concurrently. She was sentenced to 5 years in prison, suspended after 4 years, for her other four charges. {see post 540, page 27]
*Schoenhorn says Troconis will appeal & he's asking for appellate bond while the appeal is pending. Randolph denies the request for an appeal bond. It's not a constitutional right. $2 million bond being requested by Schoenhorn. Court declined appeal bond.
Reference posts #357 [page 18] & 482 (article-Summary of hearing) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-25

*Charged & arrested (3/1/24) & arraigned (3/21/24) with criminal contempt of court (on 2/15/24). Bond $100. No plea entered.
Judge Alex Hernandez presiding. Asst. State Attorney Elizabeth Moran & Defense attorney Robert Foster.
Court info from 3/6/24 to 3/21/24 reference post #34 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-70.713868/page-2

5/8/24 Update: Troconis’ hearing for a contempt of court charge has been continued until 7/10/24 awaiting plea.
@Niner, you are an absolute FORCE OF NATURE and I have no clue how you manage to do what you do so brilliantly, but you create a record that imo is easier to follow AND more complete than the sorry records kept by the Courts and certainly the Press.

So, big thank you for your time and effort as its an amazing contribution to this case and thread!

@Niner, you are an absolute FORCE OF NATURE and I have no clue how you manage to do what you do so brilliantly, but you create a record that imo is easier to follow AND more complete than the sorry records kept by the Courts and certainly the Press.

So, big thank you for your time and effort as its an amazing contribution to this case and thread!

You all are quite welcome. Manage - used to be an office manager/bookkeeper before my retirement! :D I guess I still want to work a bit! LOL! :D

Her only regret is for falling in love with FD. What BS!!! She sickens me.
Yes, on balance this stands the strongest. And I wonder in what world one seems to have believed what was had by the defendant with her now dead conspirator would be construed as ‘love’?

Weighing on the other hand the statements of the five forever impacted children, and the wonderful group of family and friends and the grandmother of JF children, that IMO appears to be a type of love that one would hold dear and strive to have. I shall choose to remember the statements on behalf of the still missing victim JF from her family and friends.

And I shall also remember the testimony of individuals such as PG and others affected by this case. As well as the wonderful in court work of Michelle Manning, Sean McGuiness, and Judge Kevin Randolph. These are the things I will remember from the court and the case. MOO

For those not from CT that might be interested in a bit of local "flavor" as to the state of justice in the State here is a tragic evolving story from this past week.

A CSP Trooper (9 years of service with 2 young children) who was on I84 (a major interstate in CT), doing a routine traffic stop and was killed/murdered in a hit and run by a drug addled chronic offender with a rap sheet that so far appears VERY LONG.

I'm sadly sure that there will be more to come here but clearly this murderer was a drug addict (so sorry, can't call them that any longer as they now need to be referred to as a person dealing with addiction when in CT) who just based on the preliminary information has a list of prior charges (drug and others including attempted murder) that not surprisingly never seem to have put him in jail or prison so far as I can see. My curiosity is exactly how many CT Judges encountered this perp and chose to release him and under what circumstances? The below article shows the perpetrator being arraigned from his hospital bed.

As this story evolves and facts become clearer I will post back as I'm convinced that all the prior charges are not yet visible for this individual.

CT is a small State but yet stories like this one happen daily and its actually unusual to NOT see many prior offences. I do wonder exactly how many offenders were released back into the population in CT during COVID and how many of these offenders committed more crimes? These stats are thin on the ground unfortunately.

Being a glutton for punishment I sucked it up this morning and attempted to read the MSM coverage on yesterday's sentencing.

I didn't last long. Lots of errors in basic facts and almost glee from some reporters with the light sentence given to MT yesterday by Judge Randolph.

No surprises in any of it but I simply couldn't finish. So sorry.

What struck me though was that a reporter I used to respect, Marissa Alter from Channel 12, who has been a consistent and usually solid reporter on the FD/MT cases, yesterday chose in her coverage to provide effectively EQUAL COVERAGE for the Victims statements AND the statements of support for the Convicted Defendant. It wasn't enough that she provided the names of EACH of the people that spoke on behalf of MT but she did fairly long summaries of their remarks.

WHY?

About the only thing that I would have welcomed yesterday was to hear from ATTORNEY MCGuiness with a REBUTTAL to the statements made on behalf of MT! I am sure he would have put it all into perspective and put a pin into the seeming glee seen in the Press that statements were being made (no commentary on veracity) in support of MT.

I think what I found so profoundly offensive about the remarks on behalf of MT was that if the Defence believed any of what was being said that each of those individuals should have been brought to the trial and provided testimony ON THE RECORD AND SUBJECT TO CROSS EXAMINATION. That didn't happen in this case for reasons that are obvious.

The Jury of MT peers spoke weeks ago and theirs imo is the voice that deserves to be respected and heard at sentencing and LOUDLY. AND YET, a member of the Press thought it somehow relevant and worthwhile to summarise over a 1/2 day of court time associated with people speaking on behalf of MT.

I'm not sure when Victims Rights were deemed either equivalent to or lesser than the rights of a Convicted Felon and when the words of the jury almost seem to be an afterthought in a criminal proceeding sentencing? But, this seems to be the state of the world in CT Courts.

But, the circus yesterday produced by Judge Randolph in Court imo put Victims Rights in the background and put the Jury in the backseat and I simply think this is profoundly insulting to both the the victims as well as the person murdered in this case, JFD.

I realise this is CT but it will take a long time to get over seeing justice turned on its head and particular rights extended to CONVICTED FELONS that I do not believe they are entitled to. AND I think that if a DEFENDANT chooses to NOT speak on their own behalf ON THE RECORD that they should be denied the opportunity to speak on their own behalf at sentencing and ditto for each of the people speaking on their behalf at sentencing.

MOO (and disgusted)

Last edited:
PS to the Troconis Crew - the offer of a free flight for the family to Venezuela is still on the table with the caveat being that you have to remain in Venezuela for the remainder of your life.

There are a few possible flight options that I am quite excited to share with you all. I would like to add though that all flight options use craft that have a propensity to generate extreme SMOKE and at times even a small FIRE OR THREE but it should be all ok in the end as all the craft have been in the air FOR YEARS:
-Cuban prop plane that seems to have been made using parts from various found planes
-Venezuelan Air Force jet with a dicey repair history and of unknown age. Its crashed a few times but seems to have survived and is able to fly kinda.
-Cessna crop duster with a propensity to stall. I've flown in this one myself and can attest to the fact that its a 'once in lifetime' experience.

PM me any time to accept the offer and we can try to work something out.

PSS I sadly won't be able to participate in a jail break of MT from York now as my helicopter is in the shop (Sikorsky parts shortage issue which is quite irritating so I've had to resort to temporary lease which has its issues let me tell you) but she is certainly welcome to the above offer as well when she emerges from York but I have to find an EXTRA SPECIAL plane just for her given her love of smoke and fire in particular!

So, please let me know if you are interested as I can start looking for EXTRA SPECIAL planes now and then when she is ready to leave in 5 years the plane can be "fired up" and in perfect shape to go 'wheels up'! I will even toss in a car to HPN that can pick her up upon release from York.

MOO

Last edited:
I thought the same thing-and they don’t have as much evidence on him as they did on her
I think they have evidence and case but won't bother given the MT sentencing outcome.

BUT, maybe in the context of CT and in the view of States Atty the 14.5 yr sentence is a win? I don't see it that way but I'm not them and perhaps in their world this was a WIN?

I think KM should be tried and all the evidence heard so that the JFD case can be put to rest.

We heard Schoenhorn horning yesterday about the bluetooth connection to JFD Suburban in the afternoon. There is an answer for that situation imo that can be found and perhaps KM can answer that question as his timeline is murky AT BEST on the murder date.

Also very much hope to see GF instigate civil action for wrongful death as it appears Judge Randolph HEARD NOTHING from the victims yesterday. It would be a blessing to see profiteering from MT and her entire family as well as Shoenhorn stopped.

I also hope that Attorney Manning takes the time to have a CSP officer gather up ALL COPIES of the discredited HERMAN report from Pattis, Schoenhorn, unnamed attorney on Defence, MT and members of the Troconis family that might have copies and return them all to the care of Judge Heller in Family Court.

MOO

I think they have evidence and case but won't bother given the MT sentencing outcome.

BUT, maybe in the context of CT and in the view of States Atty the 14.5 yr sentence is a win? I don't see it that way but I'm not them and perhaps in their world this was a WIN?

I think KM should be tried and all the evidence heard so that the JFD case can be put to rest.

We heard Schoenhorn horning yesterday about the bluetooth connection to JFD Suburban in the afternoon. There is an answer for that situation imo that can be found and perhaps KM can answer that question as his timeline is murky AT BEST on the murder date.

Also very much hope to see GF instigate civil action for wrongful death as it appears Judge Randolph HEARD NOTHING from the victims yesterday. It would be a blessing to see profiteering from MT and her entire family as well as Shoenhorn stopped.

I also hope that Attorney Manning takes the time to have a CSP officer gather up ALL COPIES of the discredited HERMAN report from Pattis, Schoenhorn, unnamed attorney on Defence, MT and members of the Troconis family that might have copies and return them all to the care of Judge Heller in Family Court.

MOO
Don’t they have to try him? He is still wearing the ankle monitor, isn’t he? They can’t keep it on him forever.

PS to the Troconis Crew - the offer of a free flight for the family to Venezuela is still on the table with the caveat being that you have to remain in Venezuela for the remainder of your life.

There are a few possible flight options that I am quite excited to share with you all. I would like to add though that all flight options use craft that have a propensity to generate extreme SMOKE and at times even a small FIRE OR THREE but it should be all ok in the end as all the craft have been in the air FOR YEARS:
-Cuban prop plane that seems to have been made using parts from various found planes
-Venezuelan Air Force jet with a dicey repair history and of unknown age. Its crashed a few times but seems to have survived and is able to fly kinda.
-Cessna crop duster with a propensity to stall. I've flown in this one myself and can attest to the fact that its a 'once in lifetime' experience.

PSS I sadly won't be able to participate in a jail break of MT from York now as my helicopter is in the shop (Sikorsky parts shortage issue which is quite irritating so I've had to resort to temporary lease which has its issues let me tell you) but she is certainly welcome to the above offer as well when she emerges from York but I have to find an EXTRA SPECIAL plane just for her given her love of smoke and fire in particular!

So, please let me know if you are interested as I can start looking for EXTRA SPECIAL planes now and then when she is ready to leave in 5 years the plane can be "fired up" and in perfect shape to go 'wheels up'! I will even toss in a car to HPN that can pick her up upon release from York.

MOO
Cute-I liked this!

Don’t they have to try him? He is still wearing the ankle monitor, isn’t he? They can’t keep it on him forever.
If they drop the charges or negotiate a plan then no, no trial.

Not sure what they have been waiting for as all the evidence is in. OR, perhaps there has been more investigating going on by CSP. The thing with KM is that the people he surrounds himself really define SCUM and I do very much wonder if States Atty could be trying to negotiate with some of these bottom fish to provide information on KM? I stopped following all the legal drama around KM after his ex wife received zero support imo for her claims against KM. But, there was this case that I believe is still ongoing relating to KM providing a mortgage to I believe a convicted sex offender who defaulted on the mortgage. I mean, what are the chances? Anyway, my point is that there was "Can Man" who tried to burn down or start a fire at KM ex wife house who might be available to provide info for a deal, the I believe Armenian car dealer/chop shop/import export business contact who I am sure LE could dig up some infractions to flip etc. The list of KM associates is LONG AND DEEP and no doubt could be mined by a Prosecutor interested in finding out more information about KM.

But, KM DID NOT lose his law licence and the last time I checked it was listed as SUSPENDED.

CT NEVER FAILS TO DISAPPOINT.

MOO
This is priceless. So it sounds like a plane and flight on which you can smoke. Endlessly. They are indeed getting rare. I imagine you can even smoke in the lavatory. And seatbelts are always optional too it would seem. Thank you for the bit of levity in this so sad and unfortunate case. MOO

Yes, this is how the Woodchipper Murderer Crafts that murdered his wife and reduced her remains to pulp and disposed of the remains in a local river and he was able to get out in I believe 25 years while his sentence in CT was 50 years. This miscreant is presently in a half way house in Bridgeport, CT. Similarly to MT he showed NO REMORSE ever.

The issues we are seeing with sentencing imo reflect a legislature in CT that is at its core 'soft' on crime. No way around it. Judges are bureaucrats and work within a system created by Hartford. My guess is that Judge Randolph is a pragmatist and fundamentally weak and knew better than we here most likely what a sentencing appeal in this case would have entailed and what the result might be. The errors and inaccuracies in the pre sentencing document is something that I don't understand and I dont get why the State didn't object to it. I don't think any of these 'realities' of sentencing appeal excuses his fundamental cowardice or unwillingness the exercise discretion but it might explain his decision for better or worse. He could just a be a 'go along to get along' kinda Judge who wants to live to try another case. Most bureaucrats in CT are like this and its a place where bureaucrats work harder at not working than doing the jobs in my experience. Sad but true.

There were people in Hartford during COVID that wanted the EMPTY the prisons of virtually all violent criminals and put them back on the streets with virtually no restrictions.

I had to stop listening to Judicial confirmation hearings in Hartford as it was simply too upsetting to hear how the Judges interpreted their roles and the law. Very rarely was any mention made of public safety and its connection being a Judge. Very little judicial support for LE either and this creates a vicious cycle of LE apathy as well. There was ALOT of talk about how inmate rehabilitation is possible and how second chances are the right thing to do and on and on and on. Meanwhile crime in CT is at an all time high and violent crime in particular has spiked dramatically and career offenders simply go through a revolving door with no consequences. Consequences for crime in CT are known to be quite limited. Meanwhile the AG and Gov. spend much time debating crime statistics. Its a hopeless situation and the so called press don't even bother really reporting on the issues any more.

So, I do thank Judge Randolph for confirming yet again how the State of CT defines justice and what its priorities are for sentencing of serious crime. I guess we simply share different definitions for justice and I am not a big believer in rehabilitation for violent offenders and certainly NOT for repeat offenders.

Sad times....

MOO
I just want to put the actual stats for Ct. here, because we need to give factual information. How something seems anecdotally and what it is factually aren't always the same. Crime in CT. is not, in fact, at an all time high according to this information:
CT. crime trends

I just want to put the actual stats for Ct. here, because we need to give factual information. How something seems anecdotally and what it is factually aren't always the same. Crime in CT. is not, in fact, at an all time high according to this information:
CT. crime trends
Yes @2manyhorses, those are the statistics that Gov and AG have been discussing along with their claims of positive trends in CT Crime. Community based statistics "oddly" vary from those reported by Hartford for reasons that remain unclear. 1 yr stats though even on the State stats show a turn. Reporting issues imo exist for violent crime on the State reports according to what I have heard from local police that do not believe the State stats properly reflect actual crime. Apparently some groups will be attempting to 'audit' the statistics but I won't hold my breath for that to happen and simply hope to be able to exit CT stage left sooner rather than later.

If you live in CT and you feel safe in your town or neighborhood then I'm happy for you!

MOO

CT. crime trends
“Liars can figure, but figures can’t lie”. Data is manipulated all the time.

This sentence handed down was truly a gut punch! After all the lead up Judge Randolph composed - I was so sure he would “throw the book” at mt! My heart breaks for all of Jennifer’s friends and family but for some reason, my soul weeps for Noelle. Her impact statement said so much of her loss of trust in others because of what mt did to her family. I sure hope she doesn’t feel betrayed by the judge!

This is true, but our own perception lies to us as well: public perception on crime
Ct is referred to specifically with NH and Maine in one section. Unless each of us personally counts each and every crime in our state it is always possible that errors, by mistake or on purpose, have been made somewhere, but for now I will use the figures which seem consistent from publication to publication.
Does it make this crime any less horrifying? Absolutely not, but the present numbers don't back up the claim overall.

I would also add that when legislators, those in executive roles, and the judiciary are seen as soft on crime and pandering to criminals, then less crime - including violent crime - is reported. Why bother if a criminal is quickly turned free to offend again? Or, if convicted, faces minimal consequence?

Under those conditions, one knows crime is increasing as one sees or hears of it all around them, but crime statistics (based upon reported crimes) don’t reflect that. The data isn’t intentionally misrepresenting, it just isn’t true because it isn’t complete.

I have silently followed Jennifer Dulos murder for the many years. Please forgive my confusion, because I've read it both ways - Will JT serve 14.5 years in prison, then 5 years probation, or only 4.5 years in prison with 5 years probation. I'm shocked either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member