Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Murder Sheet appeared on "The Prosecutors- Legal Briefs" - this is for you in you love 3 lawyers chewing over the legal arguments and evidence presented. Alice is a sharp critic of the defense legal strategy. For instance, on the confessions, she points out there is a process to suppress confessions, specifically one by one. The defence did not do that, but the reason is they don't have any good arguments to make. So they make generic arguments about state actors and harsh conditions.

ETA: They also cover a sleight of hand by the defence in relation to the FBI BAUs opinion on the case.

I made it through to about the halfway point of this one - interesting link so thanks for sharing it. What I didn't love though was that they're very pro RA did the crime (at least in as much as I heard, perhaps it got better as it progressed)? I really hope transcripts are released because its very frustrating to have to listen to these entertainment outlets and take them at their word. I noticed a few times where one of the presenters said she was paraphrasing - ok, fair enough. But I want to know what was actually said - fully. In context as well. I don't know if I believe that RA was glaring at anyone - that is someone's subjective opinion. A statement like that would carry more weight to me if we also could view and form our own opinions. I really think not televising this case is a bad idea.

I can definitely understand how someone could make that assumption. I was just stating in the capacity of people convicting bridge guy of the murder for appearing in the back of a video.
It wouldn't just be for appearing in the back of a video.
I don’t believe that one could definitively state that this man was 100% the voice because there is no video, only audio, so no one can definitively state for a fact who that voice belongs to.
I think the state will be able to show definitively that the man in the video was the one that forced the girls off the bridge at gunpoint.
I’m more thinking of it in the “convicting this person of the murder” aspect of the requirement of evidence. I think that it is a fair assumption that the investigators would explore the assumption that the person and the voice could belong to the same person.

MOO
They can convict him of murder if they can prove he was Bridge Guy. If they can show that he was the one that used a gun to frighten them and take them down the hill, then it will be beyond a reasonable doubt that he was responsible for their deaths. IMO

I made it through to about the halfway point of this one - interesting link so thanks for sharing it. What I didn't love though was that they're very pro RA did the crime (at least in as much as I heard, perhaps it got better as it progressed)? I really hope transcripts are released because its very frustrating to have to listen to these entertainment outlets and take them at their word. I noticed a few times where one of the presenters said she was paraphrasing - ok, fair enough. But I want to know what was actually said - fully. In context as well. I don't know if I believe that RA was glaring at anyone - that is someone's subjective opinion. A statement like that would carry more weight to me if we also could view and form our own opinions. I really think not televising this case is a bad idea.
Why was he even looking at the victim's family though? Glaring or staring, either way, why is he looking at them for long periods of time?

Didn't seem to bother him before he was accused of the crime at all. I wonder how he lived with himself and his guilt for all the years he walked about free if he did do this crime? If he did it, he's gonna be an interesting guy for psychologists to study imo.

He brutally murdered two young defenceless girls and thought he would get away with it. So now it’s all to be laid bare, he plays remorseful.

While he got away with it, he didn’t have to worry about his wife and mother finding out about his warped sick mind.

Let's not forget whatever he said in some of these confessions. It made the police question his daughters' friends, so it sounded like he was acting inappropriately around other young girls.

MOOO

Why was he even looking at the victim's family though? Glaring or staring, either way, why is he looking at them for long periods of time?

If that is the case, that is honestly a failure, IMHO, of the defense team in advising their client and monitoring their client's courtroom behavior. As a defense attorney, I would think one of the last things you would want is for your client's courtroom behaviors to amplify negative emotions in the courtroom.

Realistically - if a juror starts to think on their own that some other guy may have done the crime, regardless of the evidence, what stops them from voting that RA is not guilty? I know it is not supposed to work this way, but what would stop someone arguing to the rest of the jury that it *could* have been someone else? I understand they're told instructions by the judge, but again, what stops them?
That would likely come out during jury deliberations. If a jury member expressed that he was using his own non-evidence based opinion to form a verdict, the jury foreman should alert the judge.

Not a lawyer, this is my understanding though, from having served on a jury for a criminal trial.

jmo

There's only one guy in the vid taken by Libby on that bridge. There's only one guy who admitted to being on that bridge. Coincidently, that same guy, the one who admitted being on the bridge, also admitted dozens of times he killed the girls.

I've followed this case for years, since the beginning. All potential scenarios crafted by the human mind have been discussed ad nauseum.

There was no grand meeting in the bottom land that day. Those girls were marched down a steep embankment, through a wooded area next to a stream, across the stream, up a rather steep bank, and in to an area of bottom land not unlike all other wetland/bottomland along streams throughout the world.

This is where they were murdered. There was no tour bus parked above in the cemetery, no group of cars, no vans, no nothing reported to that effect, via witness or cam.

I've personally studied the terrain, followed the rail track, followed deer creek, thought of escape by raft, boat, and canoe, pondered escape via bridge creek, wondered about accomplices, thought maybe they were squirreled away in a car waiting on the driveway under the bridge, heard of the shack, the runes, the rabbits, the puppies, the swords, the guns, the artifacts hanging from the trees, the searches....I could go on, like I said, ad nauseum.

Never has another person been charged. Never. Yeah, I thought maybe KAK and company, but hey, I thought too of numerous others, a guy from Kokomo, a father son team, a relative, somebody at a factory, a serial killer, a trucker, a man just passin' through, a local politician, a judge.....again, ad nauseum.

Yet here we are. One guy on the bridge in the video. One guy admitted he was on that bridge. One guy admitted to killing the girls....with details known only to the killer.

He's busted. Game over. Done deal....if it was typed by me, which it was, then assume it's my opinion :)

I could not even begin to surmise his reasoning. For all I know, there was a clock over their head on the wall - I am sure that wasn't the reason, I'm just saying, I dislike having to rely on others to report what they felt he was doing. Wish it was televised.

If that is the case, that is honestly a failure, IMHO, of the defense team in advising their client and monitoring their client's courtroom behavior. As a defense attorney, I would think one of the last things you would want is for your client's courtroom behaviors to amplify negative emotions in the courtroom.
In this vein, I recall Ariel Castro turning to look at Michelle Knight as she walked into court to give her Victim Impact Statement. His lawyers were so quick to get on him and made him look straight ahead.
There's only one guy in the vid taken by Libby on that bridge. There's only one guy who admitted to being on that bridge. Coincidently, that same guy, the one who admitted being on the bridge, also admitted dozens of times he killed the girls.

I've followed this case for years, since the beginning. All potential scenarios crafted by the human mind have been discussed ad nauseum.

There was no grand meeting in the bottom land that day. Those girls were marched down a steep embankment, through a wooded area next to a stream, across the stream, up a rather steep bank, and in to an area of bottom land not unlike all other wetland/bottomland along streams throughout the world.

This is where they were murdered. There was no tour bus parked above in the cemetery, no group of cars, no vans, no nothing reported to that effect, via witness or cam.

I've personally studied the terrain, followed the rail track, followed deer creek, thought of escape by raft, boat, and canoe, pondered escape via bridge creek, wondered about accomplices, thought maybe they were squirreled away in a car waiting on the driveway under the bridge, heard of the shack, the runes, the rabbits, the puppies, the swords, the guns, the artifacts hanging from the trees, the searches....I could go on, like I said, ad nauseum.

Never has another person been charged. Never. Yeah, I thought maybe KAK and company, but hey, I thought too of numerous others, a guy from Kokomo, a father son team, a relative, somebody at a factory, a serial killer, a trucker, a man just passin' through, a local politician, a judge.....again, ad nauseum.

Yet here we are. One guy on the bridge in the video. One guy admitted he was on that bridge. One guy admitted to killing the girls....with details known only to the killer.

He's busted. Game over. Done deal....if it was typed by me, which it was, then assume it's my opinion :)
Thank you.

He brutally murdered two young defenceless girls and thought he would get away with it. So now it’s all to be laid bare, he plays remorseful.

While he got away with it, he didn’t have to worry about his wife and mother finding out about his warped sick mind.

Let's not forget whatever he said in some of these confessions. It made the police question his daughters' friends, so it sounded like he was acting inappropriately around other young girls.

MOOO
The police questioned his daughter's friends? I don't think I knew this before and its not shocking since I'm so far behind. Where could I go to learn more about this - is there a link pls and thanks?

That would likely come out during jury deliberations. If a jury member expressed that he was using his own non-evidence based opinion to form a verdict, the jury foreman should alert the judge.

Not a lawyer, this is my understanding though, from having served on a jury for a criminal trial.

jmo
Ah ok, so what would happen then if a foreman alerted a judge to this? I have no experience here and am looking to learn. Ty.

Last edited:
Is it because of funding (lack of) that an expert like a Blood Splatter expert wasn't brought in straight away after the girls were located?

I'm wondering why in 2024 instead of 7 years ago.
Ask Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

The FBI was involved pretty quick and said use all the resources that you need. I would think there had to be an original expert who did all of this actually at the crime scene. I am wondering if their original report, identity or involvement is not being disclosed or is missing. MOO
Curiouser and curiouser.

This post is golden.

Ah ok, so what would happen then if a foreman alerted a judge to this? I have no experience here and am looking to learn. Ty.
Can I ask to clarify.. is your question if the prosecution is presenting evidence that doesn't convince you as a juror that the accused as actually the culprit, and due to this lack of evidence connecting the accused to the crime, you would would come to the conclusion that the accused would be "not guilty" as you feel like it could be possible that someone else was more likely to have done it ?

Because he is worried about his wife and mother rejecting him.

I wonder if the circumstances would be different right now if the wife and mother were picking up the tab for his defense, rather than the state? Imagine how horrible it would be to watch one’s life savings draining to pay legal expenses, no guarantee at all he would be found not guilty leading to poverty, husband/son sent to prison for decades. If it were me and he wanted to confess, I might say “hang on a sec, let me get LE”.

However if there’s even a remote chance he might be found not guilty, there’s no financial risk to continuing through the entire legal process when the government is picking up the tab.

Interesting if anyone has ever done a study of the percentage of guilty vs not guilty pleas depending if someone is declared indigent or not?

We have no idea if the man in the back of the video is the man that is speaking because that is not shown on the video.

Respect for your opinion.

However, this would be my question if the man in the video is not the one who uttered, “Guys, down the hill.”

If the man whom we call BG didn’t say it but we can hear it, then this other man who did say it had to be right in the vicinity. Why hasn’t this BG man come forth?

He has to be right out of the frame, this other man, since we can hear him, so why hasn’t this BG man, who was RIGHT THERE and had to hear someone say those words to two young girls who were later found slaughtered…

WHY hasn’t he told the police immediately after A and L were found the very next day that he had passed by a man, whom you may believe isn’t shown saying “G, DTH,” with the information that he saw and heard a man say that to two girls and give a description of the man he heard telling them that, the exact time that they were near each other, and so on?

Or, if the one we SEE on video did not say those words and the other man nearby did, then I would presume BG was an accomplice if he didn’t race to tell LE the moment he heard about the girls.

I don’t believe that is the case, though. I believe BG said it and is the culprit. In my opinion that is also RA.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back