SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, I just got home from scoping out Solid Rock this morning. As I drove past the front of the church, I had a partial view of the church’s parking lot. I saw a single older woman (about 60ish) exit her vehicle, Bible in hand, and walk toward the church entrance. I also noticed a larger bearded man in his mid-40s wearing a black newsboy style hat slowly walking the perimeter of the church on the sidewalk. If I had to guess who he was or what he was doing, I’d say he was probably a church member making sure the protesters across the street stayed off the property. The 15-20 protestors were standing on the sidewalk in front of Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which is located directly in front of the parking lot and church entrance. They chanted things like Justice for Mica and held up signs when anyone drove or walked by.

There was quite a bit of traffic passing by, in both cars and golf carts. That isn’t necessarily unusual in and around Market Common, but there appeared to be more traffic than usual for what is essentially a side street. I know several were curious onlookers like myself because they drove by more than once.

I parked in one of the parallel parking spots in front of the townhomes next to the church. There was an older man sitting on the porch of one of the homes on the corner and directly adjacent to the church just hanging out and taking it all in. The guy walking the perimeter definitely watched me park and eyeballed me when I left, but my windows are darkly tinted.

There was no police or media presence, as far as I could tell, and there were no unmarked cars in sight. I got a full view of the church parking lot when I left, and I’d say it was less than half full. But this is not a large parking lot AT ALL. In fact, I feel the need to call BS on that former elder who said they recently had upwards of 700 members. There’s no way — unless they all lived in Market Common and WALKED to church every Sunday. Or I suppose they could have parked in the parking garages next to the Market Common shops… but they’d have to walk nearly a mile to get to the church. I just find it seriously hard to believe they ever had that many members.

IMG_3797.jpeg
IMG_3798.png
Image of parking lot

So, I just got home from scoping out Solid Rock this morning. As I drove past the front of the church, I had a partial view of the church’s parking lot. I saw a single older woman (about 60ish) exit her vehicle, Bible in hand, and walk toward the church entrance. I also noticed a larger bearded man in his mid-40s wearing a black newsboy style hat slowly walking the perimeter of the church on the sidewalk. If I had to guess who he was or what he was doing, I’d say he was probably a church member making sure the protesters across the street stayed off the property. The 15-20 protestors were standing on the sidewalk in front of Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which is located directly in front of the parking lot and church entrance. They chanted things like Justice for Mica and held up signs when anyone drove or walked by.

There was quite a bit of traffic passing by, in both cars and golf carts. That isn’t necessarily unusual in and around Market Common, but there appeared to be more traffic than usual for what is essentially a side street. I know several were curious onlookers like myself because they drove by more than once.

I parked in one of the parallel parking spots in front of the townhomes next to the church. There was an older man sitting on the porch of one of the homes on the corner and directly adjacent to the church just hanging out and taking it all in. The guy walking the perimeter definitely watched me park and eyeballed me when I left, but my windows are darkly tinted.

There was no police or media presence, as far as I could tell, and there were no unmarked cars in sight. I got a full view of the church parking lot when I left, and I’d say it was less than half full. But this is not a large parking lot AT ALL. In fact, I feel the need to call BS on that former elder who said they recently had upwards of 700 members. There’s no way — unless they all lived in Market Common and WALKED to church every Sunday. Or I suppose they could have parked in the parking garages next to the Market Common shops… but they’d have to walk nearly a mile to get to the church. I just find it seriously hard to believe they ever had that many members.

View attachment 507494
View attachment 507495
Image of parking lot
where I live small churches with that many members will have multiple service times. Do we know if SR does?

Supporters say they aren’t going away.

“Just to let the church know that we are not going anywhere. We’re going to be here every Sunday. Even if it’s not a huge group, there’s always going to be people here every Sunday until we find justice for Mica,” organizer Alexandra Cuozzo said.

Screenshot-2024-06-02-110706-1.png

With chants of “your silence is permission,” and some wearing purple-and-white “Justice for Mica” T-shirts, Cuozzo said she was deeply affected by her death.

“I’ve actually learned a lot about spiritual abuse, and I didn’t really know that was a kind of abuse, and when I started learning about it — the control and the manipulation — it kind of just hit me hard that it’s here in our backyard,” she said.

We used to use it often as evidence charging the physicians from the Board. So many doctors also fit it. If their name so much as being listed in the newspaper, it usually ended up as an agenda item or suspension of their license.
The first teaching contract I signed had a clause in it that referenced moral turpitude as cause for dismissal.

t home from scoping out Solid Rock this morning. As I drove past the front of the church, I had a partial view of the church’s parking lot. I saw a single older woman (about 60ish) exit her vehicle, Bible in hand, and walk toward the church entrance. I also noticed a larger bearded man in his mid-40s wearing a black newsboy style hat slowly walking the perimeter of the church on the sidewalk. If I had to guess who he was or what he was doing, I’d say he was probably a church member making sure the protesters across the street stayed off the property. The 15-20 protestors were standing on the sidewalk in front of Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which is located directly in front of the parking lot and church entrance. They chanted things like Justice for Mica and held up signs when anyone drove or walked by.

I parked in one of the parallel parking spots in front of the townhomes next to the church. There was an older man sitting on the porch of one of the homes on the corner and directly adjacent to the church just hanging out and taking it all in. The guy walking.

There was no police or media presence, as far as I could tell, and there were no unmarked cars in sight. I got a full view of the church parking lot when I left, and I’d say it was less than half full. But this is not a large parking lot AT ALL. In fact, I feel the need to call BS on that former elder who said they recently had upwards of 700 members. There’s no way — unless they all lived in Ma

View attachment 507494
View attachment 507495
Image of parking lot
Looks like about 50 spots so 100 per service if all are filled in my opinion.
In my experience it isn't unusual for churches to exaggerate members. Not sure what they define as members but I doubt 700 were members. Possibly a monthly attendence.

I didn't realize spiritual abuse was a thing but it makes sense.

IMO Mic isn't the only victim here. But she paid the highest price of all. This case breaks my heart.

I mean no disrespect to Mica or anyone. There is so much tragedy here I hope they get to the truth and expose it and educate people on how this can happen.

My humble opinions only.

“Just to let the church know that we are not going anywhere. We’re going to be here every Sunday. Even if it’s not a huge group, there’s always going to be people here every Sunday until we find justice for Mica,” organizer Alexandra Cuozzo said.

With chants of “your silence is permission,” and some wearing purple-and-white “Justice for Mica” T-shirts, Cuozzo said she was deeply affected by her death.

“I’ve actually learned a lot about spiritual abuse, and I didn’t really know that was a kind of abuse, and when I started learning about it — the control and the manipulation — it kind of just hit me hard that it’s here in our backyard,” she said.

Weird that I didn’t see any news vehicles… but maybe the reporter drove his/her own vehicle, parked out of plain sight, or arrived before/after I left. I was there about 10 minutes before the 10 o’clock service began and only stuck around for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. So, from like 9:50 - 10:10 am.

(I’d planned to arrive earlier than that, but we have a 4 month old puppy who has been on an absolute tear this weekend.)

Weird that I didn’t see any news vehicles… but maybe the reporter drove his/her own vehicle, parked out of plain sight, or arrived before/after I left. I was there about 10 minutes before the 10 o’clock service began and only stuck around for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. So, from like 9:50 - 10:10 am.

(I’d planned to arrive earlier than that, but we have a 4 month old puppy who has been on an absolute tear this weekend.)
Someone was streaming live on TikTok. There appeared to be around 20 or so protesters, and a couple LE in unmarked cars were watching on, according to poster. Allegedly, members were messaged and asked to enter the church through the back door, so as not to be confronted by protesters. I believe the protest was supposed to be ongoing from 8:30 until noon. JMO

As far as I know they only have a 10 o’clock service.
This is an archived version of their website, dated May 3, 2024. As of that date, if you look at their homepage, they did have two services on Sunday mornings, 9:20 and 11:00. They have only gone to one service since all of the things that have been made public about JPM and the church, since MIca's death.

Last edited:
They did have until the past couple weeks, since Mica's death. 9:30 and 11:00 IIRC. JMO
Is the change to 1 service because of Mica’s death and the subsequent drop in membership or is it a seasonal thing? I know many churches that change to only 1 service in the summer because attendance often drops because people go on vacation, etc.

Is the change to 1 service because of Mica’s death and the subsequent drop in membership or is it a seasonal thing? I know many churches that change to only 1 service in the summer because attendance often drops because people go on vacation, etc.
Because Myrtle Beach is a tourist town, I’d expect attendance numbers to actually increase in the summer. I would think it’s either because of Mica’s death or because JP was asked to temporarily step down from his preaching duties. But it’s probably anyone’s guess.

This very likely has everything to do with the fallout from Mica's death, and revelations about JP and the church. Myrtle Beach's summer population is probably 10X higher than year-round population. If ever their church would be filled, it would normally be now, but this story has had national press, so even tourists may be aware of it. JMO

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the entire 911 call? If they release a call -- how can they only release part of it? Is that normal?

I know many of you have already seen these news articles. This is for anyone trying to catch up like I am. LE and even the FBI are considering her death a suicide? That's outrageous. MOO, the hinky meter is going off the charts.
Totally agree.

I'm trying to catch up, too, and this whole thing just reeks...

View attachment 507494
View attachment 507495
Image of parking lot
Thank you so much for being our eyes and ears, locally, our "boots on the ground". Your insight is invaluable. Thanks again!

I stopped following Mica's case after she was found & it was determined it was a suicide.
Just wondering, what do these protestors hope to achieve? What exactly does "justice for Mica" look like?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redrum8754
Back