Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry I meant even if the garbage is within the complex, there has to be video of him entering the complex or exiting, not just at the garbage bins. We know he left the complex he's seen on a plate reader camera at 8:10. So when did he get there, ( and probably without his parking sticker, no less.:rolleyes:)
My guess is LE is withholding that info thus, an incomplete timeline to the public. I feel certain LE has a concrete timeline based on all the videos, traffic cameras, business cameras, doorbell cameras, plate readers. That’s not even including his FitBit, his cell phone, any computer maps he looked up, etc.

wow it definitely says video from security gates leaving the complex. Did he mean the garbage bins tho? Do you think it's a mistake, the reporter is confused? I've never heard that from anyone else or LE?
It's my opinion, since I've heard that there was more than 1 video of him seen at the complex, that it is not by, at, nor near the garbage bins. I also do not think it's a mistake or confusion on the reporters part.

1717375226687.png

At 21:02 - Stephan Sterns Police Interview: Madeline Soto Murder | "She was asleep in the car most of the time," #StephanSterns told authorities during a police interview. Plus, new court documents outline a timeline... | By COURT TVFacebook

wow it definitely says video from security gates leaving the complex. Did he mean the garbage bins tho? Do you think it's a mistake, the reporter is confused? I've never heard that from anyone else or LE?
Relative to the apartment, I've only seen two references of surveillance including SS at 7:35 AM (apartment dumpster), and 8:19AM-- SS/MS returning to apartment.

Unless SS vehicle was not at the apartment and they never exited from the guard gate, it follows that there could be video of them departing through the gate but I've not seen the event or the time of the departure reported. JMO

It's my opinion, since I've heard that there was more than 1 video of him seen at the complex, that it is not by, at, nor near the garbage bins. I also do not think it's a mistake or confusion on the reporters part.

View attachment 507586

At 21:02 - Stephan Sterns Police Interview: Madeline Soto Murder | "She was asleep in the car most of the time," #StephanSterns told authorities during a police interview. Plus, new court documents outline a timeline... | By COURT TVFacebook
wow I totally missed that he was seen exiting, I always thought it was entering, it gets so confusing. They kept the garbage bin footage quiet for so long , the first time I even heard that was on court tv.

Relative to the apartment, I've only seen two references of surveillance including SS at 7:35 AM (apartment dumpster), and 8:19AM-- SS/MS returning to apartment.

Unless SS vehicle was not at the apartment and they never exited from the guard gate, it follows that there could be video of them departing through the gate but I've not seen the event or the time of the departure reported. JMO

Thats what I think, if not seen exiting they would be seen entering, as the garbage is inside the gates of the complex. I still think there is some confusion. LE said it was security cams, reporter may have assumed it was at gate security,

Last edited:
Okay, I get that observation is not always through eyes and can come through other senses. But the observations are firsthand.

As in, I observed after one bite that the salsa labeled mild was in fact quite spicy.

I observed that the lotion I put on was extremely oily.

I observed a noxious smell coming from the dumpster.

I observed that my neighbors were playing their music extremely loudly.

But it doesn't make sense to say I observed her getting dressed if I only smelled her shampoo, heard her rummaging in her closet, heard the shower running. It's not firsthand.

Anyway, as others have stated, the point is moot since JS couldn't have observed Maddie getting ready for school firsthand or otherwise.

Last edited:
You see with your eyes, you don't necessary have to use your eyes to observe something. But we all know she didn't actually "see" MS. Could she have "observed" who she thought was Maddie? Shower running, her favorite cup in the sink that wasn't there the night before, clothing no longer laid out so figured she got dressed, hearing light footsteps in her room so figured it had to be Maddie. Those are just examples of "observing" to come to a conclusion that someone was there doing those things. But with all that said, I don't think she observed any of those sorts of things either. I believe she knew from the get-go that Maddie was deceased, and whatever word she used with LE was an out-and-out lie. MOO

observe​

To note, record, or attend to a result, occurrence, or phenomenon. Though we typically think of observations as having been made “with our own eyes,” in science, observations may be made directly (by seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting, or smelling) or indirectly using tools.

The entire first paragraph reads as follows:

We typically think of observations as having been seen “with our own eyes.” But in science, observations can take many forms. Of course, we can make observations directly by seeing, feeling, hearing, and smelling, but we can also extend and refine our basic senses with tools: thermometers, microscopes, telescopes, radar, radiation sensors, X-ray crystallography, fMRI machines, mass spectroscopy, etc. And these tools do a better job of observing than we can! Further, humans cannot directly sense many of the phenomena that science investigates: No amount of staring at this computer screen will ever let you see the atoms that make it up or the UV radiation that it emits. In such cases, we must rely on indirect observations facilitated by tools. Through these tools, we can make many more observations much more precisely than those our basic senses are equipped to handle.

Thats what I think, if not seen exiting they would be seen entering, as the garbage is inside the gates of the complex. I still think there is some confusion. LE said it was security cams, reporter may have assumed it was at gate security,
I don't recall if it was reported SS was viewed at the dumpster with his vehicle or if they only see SS dumping the victims backpack/laptop.

When I think of SS's strange backtrack after reportedly being near the Church and school grounds to driving back the apartment, allegedly to retrieve the gate clicker, this is suspicious to me.

Under the circumstances, the gate clicker weighing heavy on SS's mind does not fit. It's in part why I'm still open to SS killing MS offsite, and leaving MS inside the vehicle outside of the property (because he didn't have unmanned access).

Did SS return on foot earlier in the morning, collect a change of clothes for SM, and dump her things and in dumpster, while on foot?

Knowing that without the clicker he needs to go through a manned gate, perhaps having changed MS, and figuring out how to prop her up in the seat, they returned to the apartment in the vehicle (at 8:19 AM) for the first time.

IMO, SS's behavior is definitely panic versus planned. He has a dead child on his hands but he wants to go to the vape shop as soon as it opens? IMO, he's now desperately trying to craft his alibi.

I wonder how long it took him to decide on St. Cloud as the dump site for the victim? Why St Cloud-- why Hickory Tree Road? Familiarity?
Was this a place he'd taken MS to before? I hate knowing the years of access he had to MS. It's shattering. All speculation, and my opinion only.

1717381431509.png
About 25 miles via Fla's Tpike.

I clipped it at 23 min, but she talks about Maddi being seen in the car at about 24:30
Thanks. Just as I remember-- except I thought his vehicle was picked up on tag reader heading opposite direction at 8:10AM (driving away from school towards home) and they enter the apartment at 8:19 AM. See MSM link below.

Others have leaning MS and SS on camera at apartment at 8:19 AM so Court TV guest might be mistaken.

Sterns was again seen at 8:19 a.m. returning to his apartment complex with Madeline in the car, according to the sheriff’s office. Officials believe Madeline was already dead at that time.

NEWSNATION- 4/25/24

Thanks. Just as I remember-- except I thought his vehicle was picked up on tag reader heading opposite direction at 8:10AM (driving away from school towards home) and they enter the apartment at 8:19 AM. See MSM link below.

Others have leaning MS and SS on camera at apartment at 8:19 AM so Court TV guest might be mistaken.

Sterns was again seen at 8:19 a.m. returning to his apartment complex with Madeline in the car, according to the sheriff’s office. Officials believe Madeline was already dead at that time.

NEWSNATION- 4/25/24
My understanding is :
seen on camera at garage bins at 7:35 ( maddi partially visible)
( there's also info the discovery about video from the school, and the church and the constructions site ) he said he pulled a U turn to go back for the clicker.
8 :10 plate reader catches him driving away from school towards condo
8:19 seen on camera entering condo ( had to use his sticker to get back in ) maddi visible in front seat slumped to the left wearing a green top.

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 10.05.27 PM.jpg
On the 192 there is a valvoline, an Exxonmobil, a storage facility and a hotel called secrets all within a a few blocks of eachother ( maybe hes familiar with the area ;) Secrets is adults only)

Last edited:
My understanding is :
seen on camera at garage bins at 7:35 ( maddi partially visible)
( there's also info the discovery about video from the school, and the church and the constructions site ) he said he pulled a U turn to go back for the clicker.
8 :10 plate reader catches him driving away from school towards condo
8:19 seen on camera entering condo ( had to use his sticker to get back in ) maddi visible in front seat slumped to the left wearing a green top.
I do not remember anything saying that Maddie was partially visible when SS was seen (disposing her things) at the garbage bins at 7:35am. Only that he was seen doing that. Do you have a source for your information so I can update my notes if necessary? TIA

I do not remember anything saying that Maddie was partially visible when SS was seen (disposing her things) at the garbage bins at 7:35am. Only that he was seen doing that. Do you have a source for your information so I can update my notes if necessary? TIA
Yes @Gemmie its a few posts above #394. but about 5 posts up in case that post # changes
Court Tv episode " exploring Madeline Sotos neighborhood"
its Shannon Butler on Court TV.
I clipped at 23 min in, and she talks about maddi being visible at 25:00
I was thinking maybe thats how they knew ( or thought) she was deceased maybe she left and arrived back in the same position? she is visible both times even though she was only partially visible at the garbage bins.Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 1.20.45 AM.png
Not sure how that fits in, or what early morning hours means in this situation. Maybe simply referring to him leaving the complex with her?

Last edited:
After catching up on this thread, this stuck out to me. Did we know this before? SS was taking Madeline to his apartment for these assaults?

<snipped>

Sterns was first arrested during the search for 13-year-old Soto, who was reported missing after her mother went to pick her up from middle school and found she wasn’t there. During the investigation police found child sexual abuse materials on Stern’s phone.

Police said during the initial arrest that the images and video on Stern’s phone, which he had attempted to delete, were taken at his home.

Suspect charged with murder in death of Madeline Soto

After catching up on this thread, this stuck out to me. Did we know this before? SS was taking Madeline to his apartment for these assaults?

<snipped>

Sterns was first arrested during the search for 13-year-old Soto, who was reported missing after her mother went to pick her up from middle school and found she wasn’t there. During the investigation police found child sexual abuse materials on Stern’s phone.

Police said during the initial arrest that the images and video on Stern’s phone, which he had attempted to delete, were taken at his home.

Suspect charged with murder in death of Madeline Soto
He didn’t have his own place. He lived JS & MS at her townhouse and with his parents in North Port FL about 2 1/2 hours south.

When they say “his home” I’m certain they’re referring to the townhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper