Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I'm thinking that maybe it was MS and SS who never returned until the early morning hours on Monday.

I'm wondering about SS's use of the "Telegram" app at midnight. I understand Telegram uses end to end encryption, can't ever be traced, and a favorite by persons similar to SS.

Unfortunately, if we are waiting on a grand jury indictment (for JS), I think we have a to wait until trial to learn the details.

At this time, we know SS was indicted and there is no prelim hearing for us to learn about the details and the evidence. MOO

I dont know if his alleged use of telegraph has been confirmed, I dont think I see it on the discovery items. You would think if GHI found it, the cops would be able to also?

Either way it's worded Jen Lied. There's no way she saw,or observed Madeline getting dressed that morning. MOO.

Exactly!!! And she definitely didn't smell her shampoo, or hear the shower running when she reported she observed Maddie getting ready for school around 08:00 AM. Because Maddie was already dead and left the home by that time, according to LE. MOO.

how about video leaving or entering the complex that morning because I dont think the complex entry/ exits are near the garbage bins.
I don’t understand what you’re asking.

It is very precise wording, However, it was LE that said it, not JS. So to me, JS might have said "I saw" and LE put into the report "JS observed", meaning, she "saw" Maddie. JMO

View attachment 507575
I agree to a degree. It could have been JS who said the word observed since she has excellent communication skills or it could have been LE inserting their own substitute word. We will never know. However, my response was originally to someone who was making assumptions that "observed" could also stand for smelling shampoo or hearing a shower running or using her other senses (paraphrasing here), to stand in for the word "observed" which is not consistent with what the word 'observed' or 'saw' actually mean IMO. It's all irrelevant anyway because Madeline was already deceased in the early morning hours and out of the house by 08:00 hours, according to LE. So it was a big lie to begin with. She didn't see or observe her daughter when she said she did. MOO.

Last edited:
I don’t understand what you’re asking.
sorry I meant even if the garbage is within the complex, there has to be video of him entering the complex or exiting, not just at the garbage bins. We know he left the complex he's seen on a plate reader camera at 8:10. So when did he get there, ( and probably without his parking sticker, no less.:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I am not understanding the difference?
You see with your eyes, you don't necessary have to use your eyes to observe something. But we all know she didn't actually "see" MS. Could she have "observed" who she thought was Maddie? Shower running, her favorite cup in the sink that wasn't there the night before, clothing no longer laid out so figured she got dressed, hearing light footsteps in her room so figured it had to be Maddie. Those are just examples of "observing" to come to a conclusion that someone was there doing those things. But with all that said, I don't think she observed any of those sorts of things either. I believe she knew from the get-go that Maddie was deceased, and whatever word she used with LE was an out-and-out lie. MOO

observe​

To note, record, or attend to a result, occurrence, or phenomenon. Though we typically think of observations as having been made “with our own eyes,” in science, observations may be made directly (by seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting, or smelling) or indirectly using tools.

sorry I meant even if the garbage is within the complex, there has to be video of him entering the complex or exiting, not just at the garbage bins
There was video of him leaving through the security gate which isn't the garbage area.

the detective checked out video from the complex’s security gate. The report says the detective saw Sterns’ vehicle leaving with a female wearing a green sweater in the front passenger seat.

“The female was slumped over to her left, which is an abnormal way for a person to be seated in a vehicle,” the report said.

I agree to a degree. It could have been JS who said the word observed since she has excellent communication skills or it could have been LE inserting their own substitute word. We will never know. However, my response was originally to someone who was making assumptions that "observed" could also stand for smelling shampoo or hearing a shower running or using her other senses (paraphrasing here), to stand in for the word "observed" which is not consistent with what the word 'observed' or 'saw' actually mean IMO. It's all irrelevant anyway because Madeline was already deceased in the early morning hours and out of the house by 08:00 hours, according to LE. So it was a big lie to begin with. She didn't see or observe her daughter when she said she did. MOO.
I would have been clearer if they just wrote " jenn advised that she observed , jenn reported that she observed, jenn said she .... it's just missing the word that says it's her words, her perspective. (or her BS whatever you wanna call it. ;))

View attachment 507185
Also curious as to why they included video of JS transport to the precinct

Collection of the digital police media would be pursuant to Rule 3.220- Discovery, Fla. Crim P., where JS a witness in the investigation of SS, or even a co-defendant.

However, if simply speculating, I don't think there are sufficient details here to formulate what they might use it for. We don't know the date, time, or where they were transporting JS from.

For example, if authorities collected JS from her residence just before announcing SS arrested for SA/CSAM, surveillance of the ride might be very different than the the ride following the recovery of MS's body.

More important, producing the data to the defense is time sensitive pursuant to Rule 3.220, and violating discovery rule could result in sanctions against the prosecution. MOO

I would have been clearer if they just wrote " jenn advised that she observed , jenn reported that she observed, jenn said she .... it's just missing the word that says it's her words, her perspective. (or her BS whatever you wanna call it. ;))
They only have so much room on those incident forms unfortunately if they're writing them out by hand or inputting them into their vehicle computers might only take so many characters also. I think the word might be "perceived" if it were any other meaning JMO. But since we know it was a lie any way we look at that word, how important is it? MOO.

This is a map of what we previously thought the set up of the garbage building (the 4041 address marked) and I’ve marked the front and back gates with yellow. This is just opinion based on previous conversations here, I’m not sure if someone confirmed that was actually the dumpster used or there’s other buildings elsewhere.

B57FE560-00F1-4D14-9458-968020C79D54.jpeg

There was video of him leaving through the security gate which isn't the garbage area.

the detective checked out video from the complex’s security gate. The report says the detective saw Sterns’ vehicle leaving with a female wearing a green sweater in the front passenger seat.

“The female was slumped over to her left, which is an abnormal way for a person to be seated in a vehicle,” the report said.

wow it definitely says video from security gates leaving the complex. Did he mean the garbage bins tho? Do you think it's a mistake, the reporter is confused? I've never heard that from anyone else or LE?

They only have so much room on those incident forms unfortunately if they're writing them out by hand or inputting them into their vehicle computers might only take so many characters also. I think the word might be "perceived" if it were any other meaning JMO. But since we know it was a lie any way we look at that word, how important is it? MOO.
its not. its a lie, no matter how you slice it.

This is a map of what we previously thought the set up of the garbage building (the 4041 address marked) and I’ve marked the front and back gates with yellow. This is just opinion based on previous conversations here, I’m not sure if someone confirmed that was actually the dumpster used or there’s other buildings elsewhere.

View attachment 507584

looks exactly right, so he could not get in or out without going through a security gate. Which is a distance from the garbage.

You see with your eyes, you don't necessary have to use your eyes to observe something. But we all know she didn't actually "see" MS. Could she have "observed" who she thought was Maddie? Shower running, her favorite cup in the sink that wasn't there the night before, clothing no longer laid out so figured she got dressed, hearing light footsteps in her room so figured it had to be Maddie. Those are just examples of "observing" to come to a conclusion that someone was there doing those things. But with all that said, I don't think she observed any of those sorts of things either. I believe she knew from the get-go that Maddie was deceased, and whatever word she used with LE was an out-and-out lie. MOO

observe​

To note, record, or attend to a result, occurrence, or phenomenon. Though we typically think of observations as having been made “with our own eyes,” in science, observations may be made directly (by seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting, or smelling) or indirectly using tools.

Great post @Gemmie.

At Trial, we often hear the Court instruct jurors on the difference between direct and circumstantial evidence where the concept of snowfall is often used.

For example, if you look out the window at bedtime and the streets are dry, but wake up to see 4 inches of snow on the ground, together with footprints in the snow, you didn't have to see the snow falling from the sky to conclude that it snowed during the night. Same with the footprints. Utilizing observational skills, you didn't have to see the subject walking in the snow to report somebody trespassed on your property. It's circumstantial evidence (that carries the same weight as direct evidence, at trial). MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper