Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has not been announced as accepted by LE as being a fact and has no other source than this person, who has gone public with appearances in the media a short time ago. No one else went to the alleged party, except for the 2 people she claims went with her. Ray has no information that shows that RH or his wife went to the place in Manhattan or put their phone number on a wall there. I'm not involved in couples sex swap but am acquainted with several couples who are. They do not randomly let people, especially strangers, just come to their houses, they don't ever go to messy houses, they aren't sexual deviants. Safety is of high importance. Attorney Ray just doesn't' know what he is talking about when he says ignorant things about couples swapping (and homosexuality). Couple/individuals are not criminals or more at risk to commit sex crimes than someone else. Ray has pushed this subject as being some kind of moral causation for crime, he's ignorant. MOO but if this woman and KV went to RH's house, it was for prostitution.

You might not like John Ray but this witness has signed an Affidavit (there are legal ramifications if she is found to be lying) and it appears that investigators have removed the window that Karen Vergata was possibly seen standing at from the Heuermann home and possibly on the information provided by this witness. Also: the announcement of this witness providing an Affidavit was made during a press conference with John Ray appearing with Rodney Harrison, the former police commissioner for Suffolk County. So, forgetting John Ray (I don't think you'll find many ardent fans of his here, more like indifference and he seems to always be taken with a grain of salt if anything), but it seems at least that Suffolk County LE is indeed taking this witness and her statement seriously. John Ray does indeed say some ignorant things but that shouldn't reflect poorly on victims he represents or the witnesses that choose to go to him because they don't trust LE enough to go to them first.

With all due respect, I haven't seen anyone on websleuths accuse swinger couples or individuals as criminals and I don't even think any of us refer to any of these women as "prostitutes" or what they were doing as "prostitution". I love that this site is a victim friendly site and pretty aggressively too. Sex work is work, swingers should be able to enjoy life without fear, LGBTQ+ community as well, and these women deserved to live. Peace and love.

This has not been announced as accepted by LE as being a fact and has no other source than this person, who has gone public with appearances in the media a short time ago. No one else went to the alleged party, except for the 2 people she claims went with her. Ray has no information that shows that RH or his wife went to the place in Manhattan or put their phone number on a wall there. I'm not involved in couples sex swap but am acquainted with several couples who are. They do not randomly let people, especially strangers, just come to their houses, they don't ever go to messy houses, they aren't sexual deviants. Safety is of high importance. Attorney Ray just doesn't' know what he is talking about when he says ignorant things about couples swapping (and homosexuality). Couple/individuals are not criminals or more at risk to commit sex crimes than someone else. Ray has pushed this subject as being some kind of moral causation for crime, he's ignorant. MOO but if this woman and KV went to RH's house, it was for prostitution.
Do you think it’s possible that there are swingers who have different preferences and practices than the ones explained to you by several of your friends?

You might not like John Ray but this witness has signed an Affidavit (there are legal ramifications if she is found to be lying) and it appears that investigators have removed the window that Karen Vergata was possibly seen standing at from the Heuermann home and possibly on the information provided by this witness. Also: the announcement of this witness providing an Affidavit was made during a press conference with John Ray appearing with Rodney Harrison, the former police commissioner for Suffolk County. So, forgetting John Ray (I don't think you'll find many ardent fans of his here, more like indifference and he seems to always be taken with a grain of salt if anything), but it seems at least that Suffolk County LE is indeed taking this witness and her statement seriously. John Ray does indeed say some ignorant things but that shouldn't reflect poorly on victims he represents or the witnesses that choose to go to him because they don't trust LE enough to go to them first.

With all due respect, I haven't seen anyone on websleuths accuse swinger couples or individuals as criminals and I don't even think any of us refer to any of these women as "prostitutes" or what they were doing as "prostitution". I love that this site is a victim friendly site and pretty aggressively too. Sex work is work, swingers should be able to enjoy life without fear, LGBTQ+ community as well, and these women deserved to live. Peace and love.
I think John Ray's fantastic, but MOO. I have watched all the witnesses he's brought forward with tremendous interest. Agreed, that window's been moved out of there by LE, and that's of interest as well, as are the paint chips and rope that have been mentioned on here in association with the front porch.

I don't mention these witnesses often because obviously, if they felt comfortable in the limelight, they could have had it. These experiences are painful to them, and they clearly would have preferred to remain private. Until I absolutely "have to" mention one of these witnesses, I don't like doing so.

What a contrast to AE.

Recently, she had been attending all his hearings in order "to hear and see the evidence that's presented in court". Perhaps she feels that, after the second search and new charges, there's no longer a need to do that.

JMO, its curious that she chose to stay in the home for so long, even after she had already received enough money to move into a home that's in good condition, buy new furniture, etc.
She always had the resources to do so, IMO. And for several months, she also had multiple offers of free labor if she had chosen to freshen up her old home.

MOO

IMO:
Beyond concerned.
I found her testimony all over the map and mostly incoherent..
If I hadn't seen the Ray/Harrison presser and read this woman's affidavit I would have had no idea at all what she was trying to say.

Adding insult to injury Ashely Banfield interviewed her like the next day and Banfield was totally unprepared with her knowledge/questions of the case and this woman's claimed role in it and again the woman was incoherent with her disjointed answers.

I'm real curious about her ex-boyfriend the NYC narc who Ray said was spoken to which Harrison confirmed.
If her story is true hopefully LE has been able to connect an evidence dot.
On the stand, the lawyer asks questions, and she answers them. She can't go "all over the place."

I have no reason to doubt the substance of her narrative; if Harrison and Ray believe it, why shouldn't I?

I'm glad she came forward.

Much braver than her boyfriend, isn't she?

MOO

Three significant things stand out in this affidavit.
1. Karen Vergata’s identity was announced by the first week of August 2023. This affidavit was signed August 31st, 2023. She came forward fairly quickly upon this identification of KV.

2. This witness referred to the shells she saw at the Heuerman house, as looking like those of the country she came from. Meaning perhaps, English might not be her first language.

3. The bf, RW, started out as a police officer in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park and later became a detective.

In addition, apparently this relationship she had with RW was important to her. It probably pains her to revisit those days and/or she feels conflicted about drawing the bf into this investigation.

I don't find her "likeable". But I also don't see any evidence at all that she had any knowledge of these crimes, much less took part in any of them. Apart from a signed affidavit from a witness I don't find to be at all credible (
for a multitude of reasons ), I'm not even convinced that she ever engaged in any swingers parties. But if she did, that's certainly not illegal, nor does it point to her being any kind of accomplice to murder. Until I see evidence of THAT, I don't see any reason to add to what, I assume, is a very traumatic time for her and her family.

All JMO.
I would respect her privacy as a witness if she requested it.

She has accepted the help of a questionable lawyer and been very public. She could have declined that clown Macedonia. She is asserting things like, "He's not capable." She could just say nothing.

She is a witness whether she wishes to be or not. But public-facing? That is entirely up to her. She can cooperate with LE and do so such that we know nothing about her.

Nobody is doing anything to her. She chose to be public. She then received a heartwarming outpouring of support upon her husbands arrest.

MOO

I would not be surprised in the least if he had a kill kit somewhere out there. Hopefully thats what they found - it would be a fantastic piece of evidence for the State.
Agreed it's possible the box was a kill kit, Israel Keyes left kill kits throughout his different hot spots and moved them once he used one.

Prime rib, tube socks, mirrored erotica, open fornication. What's not to like? :D
That was some article. Throw in the microwave popcorn and the rush of everyone to partake - Frankly incredible. As a "somewhat" writer myself, it made me envious of the author's skill and thinking about buying some tube socks.

If LE can connect Heuerman to Jessica Taylor and Valerie Mack, that would blow my mind. I would have to completely reassess so many things I thought I understood about LISK for so many years.
I'm right there with you MK. I have thought from the start it must be 2 killers. But as I have learned more about SK's I understand the evolution now. Recently I learned a lot about Israel Keyes and he didn't really have an MO. Israel Keyes was "2 different people for 14 years" so he said. In his descriptions of murders he committed and body disposals he dismembered and dropped SK in Matanuska lake, left B & L Currier in the basement of an old farmhouse, buried two victims who were a MF couple in a valley in Washington and possibly dumped a whole body in Tupper Lake NY. My point being some SK's are adaptable to their situation and will use the method of disposal that's available and makes the most sense to them. Hindsight being 20/20 the victimology between the GB4 and the rest of the bodies dump along the south shore are very similar.

It's the psycho sexual sadistic-torture killer that is so beyond my comprehension... I mean what exactly triggers this? From my small amount of online reading, it seems the association of sex and torture seems to mesh early... during puberty. But, maybe I'm reading the wrong info. And, it seems these killers are secretly active for years and years. Are there any up-to-date/well-informed medical studies, publications, books that provide real insight??

Three significant things stand out in this affidavit.
1. Karen Vergata’s identity was announced by the first week of August 2023. This affidavit was signed August 31st, 2023. She came forward fairly quickly upon this identification of KV.
The announcement of Karen Vergata's identity on Aug. 4, so soon after RH's arrest July 13 led me to think they had found proof of her in RH's home.

Then, they said genetic genealogy solved her ID and I wavered on that. Normally genetic genealogy is a painstaking, time-consuming process which may have begun long before RH's arrest. However, it may be that KV had a close relative who have already tested, so IDing her was much faster than when searching among second and third cousins and tree building from there.

With the Manorville and North Sea searches and the announcement of new indictment(s) to be announced Thursday, my mind is twirling.

Good job to DA Tierney and the task force for their hard work and masterful suspense building.

Like I said, I don't find the ONE person who spoke of this sex party to be credible. And watching her in an interview with Banfield just reaffirmed my opinion.

That's just me.
My interest is the witness LP's boyfriend,the NYC narc detective.
Both Ray and Harrison said contact was made with him.
As disappointed as I was with LP's delivery we don't know if anything of value was gotten from him.
Imagine that knock on the door 25 yrs after the said event was claimed to have taken place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay