Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by this.
Anyone?

"Unnamed sources told Newsday, the local newspaper, that the suspected serial killer has already been indicted on unspecified charges in connection with new developments in the case".

Possibly a grand jury has handed down an indictment against Rex H. He will enter a plea on Thursday, most likely.

ETA: I'm not sure. The CNN article below is similar, just saying the indictment has taken place. Perhaps its handled differently because he's already charged and in jail.

Bob Macedonio sure played down Asa's smarts here.
I know I don't find the 2nd search/seize incomprehensible at all.
I also find it extremely offensive of Macedonio claiming that AE/kid's lives have been "destroyed".
So far there are 4 lives that have been brutally "destroyed" that her husband has been accused of causing.

“It’s stressful,” Bob Macedonio, who represents Heuermann’s wife and children, said outside the Massapequa Park home as cops scoured the disheveled house for a third straight day Wednesday.

“Their lives have been turned upside down, destroyed,” Macedonio said. “Their personal property has been taken, obviously for legal purposes. But they don’t understand that. They don’t comprehend that. This is something well beyond their comprehension.

“This is again, a complete shock,” he added."

nypost.com

Accused Gilgo Beach killer’s home being part of new search is ‘like post-traumatic stress’ for Rex Heuermann’s family: lawyer

The lawyer for the family of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann said a second search of their home on Long Island caught them off guard and left them in shock yet again.
nypost.com
nypost.com

Bob Macedonio sure played down Asa's smarts here.
I know I don't find the 2nd search/seize incomprehensible at all.
I also find it extremely offensive of Macedonio claiming that AE/kid's lives have been "destroyed".
So far there are 4 lives that have been brutally "destroyed" that her husband has been accused of causing.

“It’s stressful,” Bob Macedonio, who represents Heuermann’s wife and children, said outside the Massapequa Park home as cops scoured the disheveled house for a third straight day Wednesday.

“Their lives have been turned upside down, destroyed,” Macedonio said. “Their personal property has been taken, obviously for legal purposes. But they don’t understand that. They don’t comprehend that. This is something well beyond their comprehension.

“This is again, a complete shock,” he added."

nypost.com

Accused Gilgo Beach killer’s home being part of new search is ‘like post-traumatic stress’ for Rex Heuermann’s family: lawyer

The lawyer for the family of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann said a second search of their home on Long Island caught them off guard and left them in shock yet again.
nypost.com
nypost.com
The person he should be criticizing is Rex himself.

The way the girls were left was just so different - the body positioning was so strange and precise for AC, the posing was obviously deeply important to the perpetrator, and the timeframe was completely different. There were years between some of the GB4, and all the AC victims were killed over five weeks.

I don't see a connection, personally.

MOO

ds71 said:
"Macedonio said he planned to notify Heuermann's defense attorney, Michael J. Brown, of what he observed in the house but wasn't “at liberty to discuss” why exactly he believed investigators focused on the basement."

Asa's lawyer Robert Macedonio told a reporter that he believes they're focused in the basement.
The only reference to Heuermann's basement that I recall was from the female interviewed by John Ray who claims to have gone to Rex's house with her NY detective boyfriend and Karen Vergata,
Ray had said that Rodney Harrison knew about the boyfriend and LE had spoken to him.
I've seen no updates .
For what it's worth

"The witness said she, her date and the woman called “Karen” entered the Heuermann home and she had met Heuermann’s wife.

“Karen went downstairs,” the witness wrote. “I stayed upstairs. My partner, who I believe was bisexual, kept disappearing. I believed he was elsewhere in the house, having sex with Rex. I believe I had sex with Rex as well. I never went downstairs.”

B and U by me.

Quite a bit of personal feminine effects were removed as shown in photos.

I agree with you... I can see a college student taking Criminology, a True Crime buff like most of us, and an artist but an architect. Yeah, no.
I guess it's Rex's book, not the son or daughters.
If it's Asa's then, well...no comment.

Rbsbm
Thinking of very specific and notable items and the belts used on the victims, comes to mind.
Specifically- an embossing machine or tool of some type or another, would particularly hit that nail in the head, imo, speculation.
View attachment 506600
''Through a forensic analysis of a hair found on the belt buckle used to restrain victim Maureen Brainard-Barnes’s body, detectives obtained nuclear DNA results that they said are nearly identical to Asa Ellerup, Heuermann’s wife.''
View attachment 506602

If there was a bunker or secret room and he held the victims for sometime, then their deaths did not necessarily coincide with his wife's travels. It is family DNA found on the remains.

It also shoots AE's alibis to smithereens. I personally believe RH's penny-pinching extended to using tape from the home, where it most likely picked up hairs from family members. It would have been a simple (and cheap) task to pick up a new roll of tape and keep it protected in a plastic bag in his vehicle.

However, AE is not under investigation because she was out-of-town. If it is learned she may have been in town when the murders occurred, is she still in the clear? Will that alter the investigation?

Just noting, watching a few YouTubers, I'm seeing some really, really interesting speculation popping up now about AE, and it runs across a huge spectrum. Some YouTubers are speculating AE herself & the family "tipped" something in, and they themselves triggered the search. But at the opposite end of the spectrum, some are now wondering if she may actually end up being charged (!!) and the search may be focused on her in some way, which I've never heard anyone say on these programs before. Wow!!

What will Peacock do??

That latter scenario of the search possibly being focused on her….. got me to thinking. Wasn’t it earlier reported that she (AE) was not present when the most recent search commenced? And that perhaps instead the daughter was there? If so, perhaps her absence was by design? MOO

So many things pointing in a certain direction . . . .

B and U by me.

I was on the AE victim fence from the get-go and after the signing of her million dollar Peacock deal I fell off.
No more even possible victim status for me.

I'm not saying she was involved but treating her like a fragile hot house flower I find offensive and can't imagine how offensive she is to all the loved ones of the victims who were brutally murdered by her accused husband.

Last edited:
rbbm June 3 '24
''In 2000, police found Mack’s torso near Halsey Manor Road. Three years later, Taylor’s torso was discovered just a mile away. The two women became part of the Gilgo Beach murders investigation when police found more of their remains along Ocean Parkway in 2011.
Law enforcement experts said these victims could change the course of the investigation.
“These victims were dismembered, so it could open up whole other charges, meaning they’re going to look at other homicides that they could link to Rex,”
said Michael Alcazar, a retired NYPD detective and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.''

I'm not a carpenter or an architect, but I think I could tell those two apart. The big blade, for starters.

I don't think it's strange he'd have an architect's printer, even if it's obsolete technology. The guy never throws anything out.

And he had a carpenter's workshop, too, I think. So any sawdust could be from that. He's talked about his love for a cabinet maker's hammer, I believe it was.

MOO

I only remember the reports of his claims about love for a carpentry hammer (and maybe referencing a hammer belonging to his father and/or something about his father being a carpenter).

I don't remember any reports of him actually having a workshop or LE removing a table saw or other large wood-working equipment. However, my mind is no steel trap, and who knows what LE found in/around/atop/below that house.

jmo

Applications for search warrants are written as broadly as possible, the only limitation is knowing that it has to be reasonable to avoid going back and forth with a judge that may ask for edits/justification before they will approve the warrant. A search for evidence on this specific warrant, which could be located absolutely anywhere on the property, means every square inch can be searched.
What should not be searched is whatever is left off the warrant by LE/not authorized by the judge. So the plan is always to legally find evidence related to the investigation of a specific crime and if evidence of any other crime is discovered, it too is useable.
If a search warrant is for a stolen engine, dresser drawers would not be a reasonable place to search, a prosecutor may not file drugs charges for something found in the drawers if they aren't on the warrant.

Perhaps the question is why all the miscellaneous boxes are being hauled out of the house. The list below means they could take containers of crafting supplies that have tape, scissors, yarn, boxes of years' worth of financial records, photo albums, boxes of jewelry and so much more. Most all of this stuff will eventually be released but they can't tell right then if it is actually evidence.
MOO but retired LE experienced in search warrants.

Under "property sought" on the warrant, authorities put a lengthy list of items, many of which are listed as "trophies" which are personal items belonging to murder victims. That was to include their phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and or photographs or recordings depicting the victims. Also sought were forensic and/or trace evidence, including DNA obtainable through fingernails, toenails, animal hair or fur, human hair and human skin fibers, bodily fluids as well as any latent fingerprints and palm prints. These things can be found on "furniture, mattresses, carpets, rugs, flooring, animal cages, crates, litters, playpens, beds, towers, steps (or) clothing." Electronic devices or computers in all their forms are listed on the warrant, along with any records, whether they be physical or electronic in nature. Other property sought is "any documents relating to the recent occupation/renting/tenancy/purchasing of known instrumentalities utilized in the designated offenses." This could include mail, bills or other similarly situated documents.Broadly, the warrant also mentions "any of the known instrumentalities involved in the commission of the designated offenses including...burlap (the remains of at least one of Heuermann's alleged victims was discovered wrapped in burlap), camouflage burlap fabric, 'jute-like' fabric, hunting blinds, restraints, belts, textile yarns, polyester fibers, cotton fibers," or any variety of tape. Other "trophy" items are listed separately, including condoms, cut distal ends of black leather belts, devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods, knives, scissors, cutting implements and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection." Firearms, magazines, cases, ammunition, bullet fragments and shell casings were listed as were "locked rooms, storage areas, vaults, cabinets, safes, closets, containers (including strong boxes, desks, drawers, suitcases, briefcases, boxes, hidden compartments or other such enclosures where items can be kept, hidden or secreted."
Bounty modem print collection? That's highly specific.

I too wondered about that. I wondered if perhaps they found evidence of them on one or more of the victims. Not wearing the actual diaper. I'd think that would have been in MSM had they been found actually wearing them but maybe not. Either way, I was thinking of fibers, that they identified as being from a certain brand of disposable diapers, so put that on the search warrant and there they were. So they were taken. That's all I can think of because it's such an odd item to take. I'm not following this case closely but I don't believe there are any diaper-wearing aged children in the house. Not that adults can't wear them...
Isn't there an unidentified body who is toddler aged? The mother is unidentified also??

Isn't there an unidentified body who is toddler aged? The mother is unidentified also??

Peaches? Or rather her child.

Peaches? Or rather her child.

Peaches and the baby had "indoorsy" types of items recovered with them. Blanket with Baby Peaches. And a pillowcase with Peaches remains, which were found in a tub. This makes me think the paper towels may relate to Peaches & Baby Peaches. (Older links, 2016 and 2023)

That item's specific, but many of the items listed @NoSpoonFeeding (and responded to @GoBuckeyes, who emphasized the paper towels) are somewhat general, like little bit broader scope. LE must have had some insight already into that particular item (the paper towels), jmo I thought of Peaches and her baby, but maybe other victims as well were related to these paper towels.

Last edited:
According to the woman John Ray interviewed, it was the one in Manhattan. Rex and his wife used to go there. They also used to put cards on the bulletin board there when announcing a sex party at their own home.

Rex and his wife went to sex parties?

Yes, according to one of the witnesses who went to John Ray. She gave him all the info she had and signed an affidavit. She and her boyfriend (who she claims was an NYC detective) were members of the same club. they saw the card Rex and Asa posted inviting members to their home for a sex party. They went.

Wow that is freaky considering the crimes and the evidence in their house. It makes me more curious about her knowledge of things.
"When asked if the recent searches of Manorville and Heuermann’s home resulted in the new charges, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said, 'There were a number of necessary investigative steps that were taken. You pointed out just some of them, and Thursday you will see the fruits of that investigation.'
Heuermann’s wife, Asa Ellerup, is not expected to attend the court appearance on Thursday. Her attorney said she is still out of state."

Does anyone else find it strange that she is remaining out of state for this?

(I'm not asking on the tube socks because I already know that whatever the answer is, it's disgusting.)

To me she has been peculiar from the beginning. She seemed to be more upset about the house being in shambles than she was about her husband’s secret and dark life. There could be a number of reasons for that but she has contradicted herself more than a few times.

Now hearing about the Sex parties at their home leads me to believe she knows about his fetishes. She may not know about the murders but she knows more than she has voluntarily given.

I was on the AE victim fence from the get-go and after the signing of her million dollar Peacock deal I fell off.
No more even possible victim status for me.

I'm not saying she was involved but treating her like a fragile hot house flower I find offensive and can't imagine how offensive she is to all the loved ones of the victims who were brutally murdered by her accused husband.
I don't find her "likeable". But I also don't see any evidence at all that she had any knowledge of these crimes, much less took part in any of them. Apart from a signed affidavit from a witness I don't find to be at all credible (
for a multitude of reasons ), I'm not even convinced that she ever engaged in any swingers parties. But if she did, that's certainly not illegal, nor does it point to her being any kind of accomplice to murder. Until I see evidence of THAT, I don't see any reason to add to what, I assume, is a very traumatic time for her and her family.

All JMO.

According to the woman John Ray interviewed, it was the one in Manhattan. Rex and his wife used to go there. They also used to put cards on the bulletin board there when announcing a sex party at their own home.
This has not been announced as accepted by LE as being a fact and has no other source than this person, who has gone public with appearances in the media a short time ago. No one else went to the alleged party, except for the 2 people she claims went with her. Ray has no information that shows that RH or his wife went to the place in Manhattan or put their phone number on a wall there. I'm not involved in couples sex swap but am acquainted with several couples who are. They do not randomly let people, especially strangers, just come to their houses, they don't ever go to messy houses, they aren't sexual deviants. Safety is of high importance. Attorney Ray just doesn't' know what he is talking about when he says ignorant things about couples swapping (and homosexuality). Couple/individuals are not criminals or more at risk to commit sex crimes than someone else. Ray has pushed this subject as being some kind of moral causation for crime, he's ignorant. MOO but if this woman and KV went to RH's house, it was for prostitution.

Nothing to do with diapers, sorry, but:
Suddenly I'm remembering the special paper towels, police were interested in. A special brand with a pattern, from long ago ..... The brand name escaped me atm. It wasn't Bounty or was it?
Looking back at that as well. These always made me think of Peaches because she had all these "indoorsy" items with her remains (the tub, the blanket with the baby, the pillowcase). Bounty did have some patterned paper towels in the late 90s, I think they're called "Medleys." Over the years, they've had Peanuts strips on the towels (seeing 2000s), holiday themes. Dora the Explorer. All kinds of patterns.

Seeing this in NYPost(first search): "Then — sandwiched in between 'scissors, cutting implements' and 'firearms' and ammo — the warrant stated investigators are also looking for 'Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection.'”

So the Modern Print Collection. Do they mean the March 2023 artists' designs? That seems way too recent, why would they have been looking specifically for that? Are they looking for the March 2023 artists' prints or some older series of prints? There are definitely print series for the late 90s, but I don't see them labeled "Modern Print Collection."

I am SO (!!) wanting to hear what they've found and what he's being charged for this time.

Last edited:
B and U by me.
It really is starting to look alarming on the AE situation. I surely hope she was unaware. It strains the imagination, but I've always hoped so. If not, it's going to elevate this to an even more complicated and horrifying level of "ghastly."

But I can't stop thinking about that ghoulish book on the table.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I don't find the ONE person who spoke of this sex party to be credible. And watching her in an interview with Banfield just reaffirmed my opinion.

That's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members