Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen anything stating that Sandra Costilla did sex work. It certainly wasn't mentioned in the press conference yesterday, and they did mention it for Jessica.

Source, please.
It was an assumption on my part long ago, although, I do think there's evidence that points to it.

Police called Costilla a "drifter." Her last known address was in Queens, but it is thought she wasn't living there at the time of her death. Police never said if Costilla was a sex worker but called her lifestyle "substantially similar."

But you are absolutely right to call me out on that. I did state it as if it were a fact, and it's not. I should have typed my thoughts more carefully. Thanks.

Rex Heuermann’s kids are “along for the dark ride” and standing by the suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer, according to their lawyer.

Victoria Heuermann and Christopher Sheridan remain by their side even after their dad was charged with two more murders and prosecutors detailed a sickening “planning document” he allegedly kept on a computer in his Massapequa Park home, lawyer Vess Mitev said.

“They continue to bravely face the scrutiny and adversity head-on and they will wait for the legal process to conclude in a courtroom and not in the court of public opinion,” Mitev told The Post on Friday morning.

“They are along for the dark ride, one might say,” Mitev also told the US Sun.

“Nonetheless, they’re two young adults that have done nothing wrong and they’re trying to keep their lives from completely crumbling in the midst of all this,” the attorney said.

Mitev declined to comment on whether Victoria and Christopher had read the bulk of the evidence, but said that the pair want to see the case against their dad for themselves at his trial.

“There’s a quantum leap between allegations and a conviction, as any criminal defense attorney will tell you, so whether it’s one or 100 charges, they’re still allegations,” Mitev noted.

Well, if nothing else from this lawyer's comments, it's nice to finally see someone acknowledging that these two are adults and not children. He has made it clear that they have minds of their own and are not being dragged into anything. MOO.

I assume he discarded the dismembered remains in two locations on the same date?? (i.e.Jessica) Or did he store the remains for a short time and bury them later? I don't remember reading about forensic refrigeration details but it's possible they just haven't released that (or it wasn't evident), or it didn't occur.

It was an assumption on my part long ago, although, I do think there's evidence that points to it.

Police called Costilla a "drifter." Her last known address was in Queens, but it is thought she wasn't living there at the time of her death. Police never said if Costilla was a sex worker but called her lifestyle "substantially similar."

But you are absolutely right to call me out on that. I did state it as if it were a fact, and it's not. I should have typed my thoughts more carefully. Thanks.
If I sounded stern, I'm sorry. I have no problem with sex work, or people who do sex work - I used to work in HIV prevention outreach back in the day! No preaching, just condoms! But especially when it comes to serial killers, it's very very easy to fall into the hole of labelling 'all' victims as sex workers when they actually weren't. Ridgway and Sutcliffe both were labelled as killers of sex workers both by the media and LE, when both attacked both sex workers and non sex workers. In Sutcliffe's case, it actually seriously hindered the investigation, because they disregarded or disbelieved both deceased and living victims who didn't fit that box.

Unless there is a statement that Sandra did sex work, I'm going to work from the presumption that she didn't. Not everyone living with housing insecurity does it, and there is nothing about this offender that makes me think he wouldn't have attacked a vulnerable woman who was not a sex worker.

MOO

deleted by me because my reading comprehension is at an all time low, apparently. :D

Haha! I've felt the same lately! And, yes good to see you @PreciousDust !

Also, does anyone know if Detective Leser (mentioned in article below, page 8 "Sand In My Shoes") has retired from Suffolk Co PD??

I could be reading too much into it, but I definitely think RH drew on his theatre experience (whether consciously or not) when planning his killings.
In his HK document, under PREP, he listed:

“SET-UP STAGE
HOLDING AREA
BUILD TABLE”

All skills he would have learned in stage crew…..
agreed. this is production speak. while this is just conjecture, the snuff film thing keeps coming back to me. Chris Loeb talked about seeing a guy in a mask (gimp mask?) torturing a sw. the gimp mask thing has also come up before.
could it be possible that he was actually producing and distributing this material? I know Tierney mentioned yesterday that none of the women RH has been charged with have been featured in any of the material found yet, but if he recorded himself I doubt it would be digitized. I'm also curious if there was any photo developing/dark room chemicals found.

Throwing this football out there. Do any local gun ranges offer monthly/yearly locker rentals? Did he belong to any hunting clubs specifically in Manorville? Do they have rental lockers there?
if been going through social media posts from every club/range on long island. I'm almost certain he was an RSO (range instructor certified through an NRA class). these people act as referees during competitions, so if he wasn't competing he would probably be wearing a hi viz vest. there were two Sunday competitions ("match") noted in the palm pilot agenda.

Or, one of his kids could have painted it there for a lark when they were younger. There are millions of happy faces doodled on bus seats, brick walls, and school desks that have nothing to do with murder.

Not everything in that home is going to be to do with murder. There are going to be many, many things to do with the joys and mundane ins and outs of a family with two kids living their lives.

Sometimes a happy face is just a happy face.

MOO
True.
But take a look at Izzy Lizzy's response if you haven't already.

Actually, can we talk about the letter to Keith Jesperson? Heuermann's letter to Jesperson - the Happy Face killer.
Heuerman thanks Jesperson for the "advice". He's not sure if his letters are being read but he thinks so because an "officer" made a comment to him. He seems to be sitting on whatever Jesperson told him. It took him a while to write back and he apologizes for that. Says he knows everything is about the "timing" in regards to the case and as of 8/31/23 he didn't know what LE knew or found yet.

I think he's going to start to talk but he's waiting for the "timing" to be right.

(Warning: extreme ramble) LE let the public (and RH himself) know that they headed out to search Manorville and North Sea last month right after they recovered the files that led them back there. LE stated that they didn't find remains but did say the charges are the "fruits" from that search. I know the house was part of that search but they really made it sound like it was the search out in the woods was the fruitful part. What did they find? Sandra had already been found. Jessica had already been found. They already had the DNA used for the charges so the search out there wasn't what led to the testing of the DNA - since they didn't have to go search out there for that. I think theres a missing piece for us, the public, right now in regards to this past search which means theres also a missing piece for Heuermann. LE are playing with him right now. Police have a M/O here as well. Both sides are dangling carrots.

My take on the letter is that Heuermann wants to talk but is waiting for the right time, wants to know what they know a then he will decide. He can drag this out for the rest of his life if he wants to. All for his own pleasure.

Attachments

• reletterenv.jpeg
    reletterenv.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 58
  • rexletterfront.jpeg
    rexletterfront.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 59
  • rexletterback.jpeg
    rexletterback.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 59
Actually, can we talk about the letter to Keith Jesperson? Heuermann's letter to Jesperson - the Happy Face killer.
Heuerman thanks Jesperson for the "advice". He's not sure if his letters are being read but he thinks so because an "officer" made a comment to him. He seems to be sitting on whatever Jesperson told him. It took him a while to write back and he apologizes for that. Says he knows everything is about the "timing" in regards to the case and as of 8/31/23 he didn't know what LE knew or found yet.

I think he's going to start to talk but he's waiting for the "timing" to be right.

(Warning: extreme ramble) LE let the public (and RH himself) know that they headed out to search Manorville and North Sea last month right after they recovered the files that led them back there. LE stated that they didn't find remains but did say the charges are the "fruits" from that search. I know the house was part of that search but they really made it sound like it was the search out in the woods was the fruitful part. What did they find? Sandra had already been found. Jessica had already been found. They already had the DNA used for the charges so the search out there wasn't what led to the testing of the DNA - since they didn't have to go search out there for that. I think theres a missing piece for us, the public, right now in regards to this past search which means theres also a missing piece for Heuermann. LE are playing with him right now. Police have a M/O here as well. Both sides are dangling carrots.

My take on the letter is that Heuermann wants to talk but is waiting for the right time, wants to know what they know a then he will decide. He can drag this out for the rest of his life if he wants to. All for his own pleasure.
This is the first I've seen of this letter. Interesting. Not entirely sure what to make of it yet, I'm going to sit on it for a bit.

True.
But take a look at Izzy Lizzy's response if you haven't already.
About RH being contacted by KJ once he was in prison? This was all very public, and there's no indication they'd had any kind of contact prior. KJ is by all reports quite a prolific penpal with many serial killers and murderers. Him writing to RH doesn't signify anything deeper than KJ is chatty, bored, and likes talking to other serial killers.

MOO

You didn't. And you never have to apologize to me for asking for a source, Shadow. Facts matter, and we do a real disservice to these victims if we don't separate facts from assumptions and opinions. I welcome those kinds of corrections.
As do I! If I'm wrong, I want to know it, so please return the favour if you see me being wrong in public!

First I’m seeing these. I feel like he’s saying a lot without saying anything much at all. I need to reread them a few time and let it sink in.

This is the first I've seen of this letter. Interesting. Not entirely sure what to make of it yet, I'm going to sit on it for a bit.
From what I know of it, the advice was to come clean and confess. That's the route KJ took, and from what I understand, he tells other people charged with these kinds of crimes the same with regularity.

Also, does anyone know if Detective Leser (mentioned in article below, page 8 "Sand In My Shoes") has retired from Suffolk Co PD??

Leser, who joined the Suffolk County Police Department in 1986 after working for two and a half years in the NYPD, began his career in the Third Precinct, working as both an officer and detective, before spending a total of 18 years in the Homicide Squad as a detective and detective/sergeant.
We wish Detective/Sergeant Leser a happy and healthy retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~