GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not believe that Prior did the work for Chads defence. I think he watched Loris trial, decided on a strategy after that and that was it.
He did bring in some information that we haven't heard at Lori's trial (or at all), although it was not extremely relevant for Chad's guilt or innocence. JP kept mentioning "Seven gatherers" as a secret organization, which turned out to be a group email account of the Arizona casting crew, which was again connected to Chad's teachings. Trying to normalize Chad's doctrine, JP also revealed that Chad's family members were aware of light/dark ratings and were into energy healing practices. Emma further claimed on the stand that she was familiar with death percentages and that she knew of people who were close to death. I'm not sure if hers wasn't another stunt to take the heat off Chad.

Last edited:
I have often wondered about GHB. There is really no way to test for it in the length of time they did autopsies on JJ and what they could do with Tylee’s remains.
according to the testimony of Dr Garth Warren who did the autopsies: daily testimony posted on this site and many other news outlets: UPDATE: Doctor details cause of death, toxicology reports for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan

for JJ:

Because of the state of decomposition, they weren't able to get blood or urine samples so JJ's liver was sent for toxicology.

The report showed low levels of ethanol (alcohol), GHB drug, caffeine and theobromine (principal alklaoid of cacao plant).

Warren says the amount of GHB in JJ's body was "inconclusive" - hard to tell if it was naturally occurring in the body or if he was given it.

for Tylee:
Warren said there were "large pieces of identifiable skeletal muscle" and he got the best tissue possible to be sent for toxicology.

The results showed ibuprofen, common decomposition product, low levels of carbon monoxide, iron levels, and carboxyhemoglobin saturation levels.

Warren explained carbon monoxide and Carboxy are common in fire-related deaths - other gases are typically released as well.

Just a reminder that “Visions of Glory,” the book mentioned earlier in this thread, was not written by Chad Daybell.

oh so true. Definintely NOT Daybell.
Visions of Glory written by John Pontius

Visions of Glory is highly controversial, but also, highly revered book. It has a very strong presence ... has been reviewed and commented on significantly by the LDS heirarchy.

Guess I just don't want to see any significance extended to our ol Chad.
moo moo moo

He did bring in some information that we haven't heard at Lori's trial (or at all), although it was not extremely relevant for Chad's guilt or innocence. JP kept mentioning "Seven gatherers" as a secret organization, which turned out to be a group email account of the Arizona casting crew, which was again connected to Chad's teachings. Trying to normalize Chad's doctrine, JP also revealed that Chad's family members were aware of light/dark ratings and were into energy healing practices. Emma further claimed on the stand that she was familiar with death percentages and that she knew of people who were close to death. I'm not sure if hers wasn't another stunt to take the heat off Chad.
He did indeed - but it never went anywhere did it? There was a lot of 'who are the 7 gatherers?' asked of some witnesses, but when one explained who they were (was it Zalena?), IIRC, Prior didn't persue it further. Prior did not put up a defence, he just 'scatter gunned' various thoughts, trying to cause confusion to the jurors (who thankfully saw it as such).

He did indeed - but it never went anywhere did it? There was a lot of 'who are the 7 gatherers?' asked of some witnesses, but when one explained who they were (was it Zalena?), IIRC, Prior didn't persue it further. Prior did not put up a defence, he just 'scatter gunned' various thoughts, trying to cause confusion to the jurors (who thankfully saw it as such).
He totally abandoned the paintball gun theory, which never made sense presented along side the "Chad was the real target," theory. But the paintball theory was stronger, because Lori and Alex wouldn't have killed Chad while he was married to Tammy. And Garth forgot his Dakota lines on stage. So I will never get why Prior dumped the paintball gun defense.

Prior tried to question Melanie's testimony by saying she was in cahoots with Rob Wood to protect the LDS church, all the while trying to normalize Chad's prepper doomsday dogma, and implied that Chad was being prosecuted for his religious beliefs that Melanie was protecting? The defense was, " They're all crazy fundamentalists in East Idaho, Chad's just an Everyman there, Chad has every right to express his whacky religion, but Melanie is suspect because she is defending it."

(Meanwhile: BS Melanie wanted to protect LDS. She wanted to protect herself from being booted. She wanted to talk RW ear off about what a good church girl she was, and RW had to listen to it, because she was an important witness.)

Prior's claiming that LE was out to get Chad was a non-starter because of the genuine concern the LE witnesses had for the case and the victims, especially the children. Prior had the previous trial to see how they testified. Also hours of kindly body cam footage. I am not pollyannish about LE, but this was not likely to be a jury of people who lost relatives and neighbors to police abuse. When libertarian-leaning people are skeptical of LE, they don't mean LE work like this.

After all the buildup around the seven gatherers, it was a big nothing-burger. And Prior grabbed the gatherer name for Chad- claiming he was doing some kind of pre-apocalypse charity work. That was absurd, too, considering absolutely none of the texts or emails or erotic stories referenced any service to the community. Alex was envisioned saving little children, but James and Elena were apparently exalted for doing nothing but hooking up between murders.

Then, there was Emma and Garth. There testimony was pathetic and only highlighted that there was no defense. I imagine Seth couldn't testify because that would bring in his journal. And Leah and Mark had nothing to say but, "my dad is a good guy." If they were willing. And being that they were not mitigating witnesses, I speculate they were not willing to say that.

The "she was so hot I couldn't help myself" defense wasn't even developed. I think the jury was not amenable to it anyway, but I'm surprised Prior didn't emphasize the yellow bathing suit text more- show more beautiful pictures of Lori.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back