MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very dissenting opinion,

TB posts worse unfiltered stuff and no one berates him in CW. I mean, if we say a, we say b. If we have such politically inappropriate bloggers thrive, why get surprised that we have troopers posting “trash” about anyone? I wouldn’t be surprised if before this case, the trooper, too, was the reader of TB’s blog. We are learning by osmosis, I as a foreigner know it better than anyone else.

I am horrified that in the XXI century when we try to raise compassion towards any disabilities, we see such blatant lack thereof in a person who we may call to our house to help with our elderly, infirm, mentally or physically ill. But, TB, a former teacher, thinks that we have to hold our police to the same high standards as we hold our teachers? If our teachers/journalists post blogs where they use p@@n terms, they may be educating our policemen, make no mistake.

This being said, besides subjective issues, I am of the opinion that Proctor’s decision to not enter BA’s house is killing the case.

I am positive that BA is uninvolved in the murder and there is no coverup, though. Please let me know if any testimony of today contradicts it.

I suspect that it is the case of bootlicking. Didn’t BA, essentially, outrank Proctor? If so, lots of things will be understood.

What? Are you comparing TB and ethical/professional standards against law enforcement who are bound to SOP, protocols etc … in the interest of public safety?

Who cares what a random person on the internet says. I care whether the LEO investigating a murder is being professional or not. Because if they aren’t - we get investigations AND trials like this.

Eta fixed word

You can always follow one of the reporters she copies and pastes yourself? Or you can watch on youtube when you get home. Law & Crime has each day's testimony so you can start at the beginning. Would really recommend it because Jackson is fun to watch and Proctor squirming is equally hilarious.
Oh thank you!! I was just going to ask where I could watch the entire testimony later tonight.

Interesting article about Karen Read. I am far from MA so just started connecting some dots.

TB posts worse unfiltered stuff and no one berates him in CW. I mean, if we say a, we say b. If we have such politically inappropriate bloggers thrive, why get surprised that we have troopers posting “trash” about anyone? I wouldn’t be surprised if before this case, the trooper, too, was the reader of TB’s blog. We are learning by osmosis, I as a foreigner know it better than anyone else.

I am horrified that in the XXI century when we try to raise compassion towards any disabilities, we see such blatant lack thereof in a person who we may call to our house to help with our elderly, infirm, mentally or physically ill. But, TB, a former teacher, thinks that we have to hold our police to the same high standards as we hold our teachers? If our teachers/journalists post blogs where they use p@@n terms, they may be educating our policemen, make no mistake.

This being said, besides subjective issues, I am of the opinion that Proctor’s decision to not enter BA’s house is killing the case.

I am positive that BA is uninvolved in the murder and there is no coverup, though. Please let me know if any testimony of today contradicts it.

I suspect that it is the case of bootlicking. Didn’t BA, essentially, outrank Proctor? If so, lots of things will be understood.

Michael Proctor is a sworn law enforcement officer who has taken an oath and has the responsibility for upholding the law. He has arrest powers. He was charged with properly conducting this investigation. His absolute lack of professionalism means that we will likely never know who actually killed John O'Keefe, and that person and/or persons will never spend a single day in jail.

You want to say that Turtleboy is a bad person? Fine. But he is just some guy with a website. This "whataboutism" is absolutely ridiculous, IMO.

What? Are you comparing TB and ethical/professional standards against law enforcement who are bound to SOP, protocols etc … in the interest of public safety?

Who cares what a random person on the internet says. I care whether the LEO investigating a murder is being professional or not. Because if they aren’t - we get investigations AND trials like this.

Eta fixed word
IMO False equivalencies are so prevalent these days and so misleading

"A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

I could be mistaken but iirc TB has had at least one lawsuit against him re his blog posts. (Not involving this case)

IMO False equivalencies are so prevalent these days and so misleading

"A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

I just call it excuse making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member