Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the cost of months of inpatient treatment be astronomical? I wonder how long insurance would cover.
I doubt cost a consideration applicable to JS. For example, if disability income was JS main source, she probably does not have private insurance and government responsible for her healthcare. Also, I think it safe to assume she's currently unemployed so there would be no health insurance from her employer either. I think state operated psychiatric hospitals are equipped to keep patients long term and/or until they are not a danger to themselves or others. This is all speculation on my part because it's the only reason I can think of as to why JS is not in custody. MOO

When SS left with Maddie the first time, he was without his phone, correct? (Because he "forgot" it.)

Maybe his 12 minute return to the apartment was to huddle with JS to further straighten out their stories, they knew enough not to communicate over a phone. Maybe he thought of possible holes in their concocted tales and needed to talk with JS.

That's all a guess on my part and assumes that, at a minimum, JS is complicit.

MOO and imo.
I think that is a very probably scenario. Something happened to make him return and it was not the forgotten clicker. I have no doubts that JS is complicit. The only question I have is how great was her involvement in both the years of abuse and then murder.

Thinking he returned to the disposal site in JS's car in the middle of the next night, to cover her.

1st time, dump fast.
2nd time, add straw and leaves.

If so, LE probably has his route mapped within an inch.

Is this guy good at anything?

JMO
If we are to believe people who want to sympathize with Js, then he may have been exceptionally good at manipulation. I however, don’t think he was good at that at all. I think Js just had little to no interest in anyone aside herself.

Madeline had supposedly "forgotten" her phone that morning and JS had it on her at G-mas office, so if she had skipped school or something and returned home while everyone was at Grandma's office, she had no means to contactct anyone.
and she didnt know how to get home on her own according to jenn, or at least she didnt know her address. You make such a good point, I never even thought of maddi having no means to communicate so at the very least we should have seen a much bigger display of panic from Jenn ( IMO)

Last edited:
Yes ‘Dear’ Pruddennce…. I wonder too.

‘what transpired’?

I almost wonder if perhaps something wasn’t said to the ‘two ‘adults’. And they realized something needed to be done? All the birthday confusion, who attended, who didn’t!, how did MS get to the birthday party, how did she get back to JS residence, where did she stay that night, where did all stay, how did they get there, SS summoned to take MS to school - spur of the moment and last moment?, confusion on who did what when? SS with his father’s phone and car? Seems the key is why did all need to be together that evening / morning? After supposed months apart? And it seems to circle back to IMO the attendance question at her birthday party celebration and arranged get to school that next morning?

Ps…. apologies too Pruddennce….. I just couldn’t overlook a tip of the hat to that lovely The Beatles song. Need a little brightness in this dim dark room. And sadly some of those words IMO speak to dear MS. Eyes wet…. :( MOO
oh my gosh Im happy you enjoy the song! and yes this is a dark time...Im very disturbed knowing definitely now that other people lived in that house and simply must have witnessed Madeline 'going to bed' with SS! the sleeping arrangements were inappropriate! its jaw dropping that they didnt see any need to question it, let alone report it. these must be the witnesses who got taken to task in Chief H's presser when she stressed SUSPICIONS can be reported. I feel these roomies had suspicions and maybe other family members who did not act on it and have extreme regret.

and she didnt know how to get home on her own according to jenn, or at least she didnt know her address. You make such a good point, I never even thought of maddi having no means to communicate so at the very least we should have seen a much bigger display of panic from Jenn ( IMO)
Oh but according to JS she had her school laptop. That would have been able (imo - JS did NoT suggest this) to connect to home wifi to email mum to tell her she was home safely. JS doesn’t seem to think about the laptop as important though or seem to think it can be tracked even. Why didn’t she even ask the school this?? If this were my kid, I would he all over this. I’d be getting every parent and kid in school and all fam and friends to start hunting down my kid. The FBI would have to keep up with me if I were a worried mother!!

Oh but according to JS she had her school laptop. That would have been able (imo - JS did NoT suggest this) to connect to home wifi to email mum to tell her she was home safely. JS doesn’t seem to think about the laptop as important though or seem to think it can be tracked even. Why didn’t she even ask the school this?? If this were my kid, I would he all over this. I’d be getting every parent and kid in school and all fam and friends to start hunting down my kid. The FBI would have to keep up with me if I were a worried mother!!
at some point she learned it was off " so we have no way to track her"

It seems to me that the Soto household normalized mental health disorders, to the point that everyone was talking about their so-called mental illnesses as a matter of conversation frequently. (ADHD, Bi-polar, Anxiety). So much so, that Madeline may have begun to think she suffered from what her mother and SS (supposedly) had. It stands to reason that if everyone else in the home is bat-s**t crazy, the kids will think they are too! I do not believe Madeline suffered from anything other than stress, fear, confusion and anxiety over the situation those two put her through day after day after day. MOO.
IMO this is bang on, and speaks to " where did the bipolar talk come from with her friends"

His plan was to drop Maddy's body off at the school, but that didn't work out. He came back, as if he did take Maddy to school, to help with the dog because that's what he normally would do. So Jenn wouldn't be suspicious. IMO
returning to the complex at 8:20am as if he took her to school and was now going to help with the dog so JS wouldnt be suspicious? JS never said he returned at that time....in fact she said she heard people in the kitchen between 8-8:15am and 'thought' it might be Madeline and 'thought' Madeline went downstairs to get ready. again, her dog/leash story changed from 8:00-8:15am to 7:00-8:00am. according to JS, they didnt have any discussion about dropping her off until around 11-11:15am when she returned from her appointment and he was there and they 'chatted' about the dropoff. she asked him "what happened".

1718301714461.png This is the Court TV Show with Gray Hughes and Vinnie Politan discussing the timeline.

Includes video taping of the show 40 min. long.
Posted June 12, 2024 and last updated 9:49 AM, June 12, 2024
1718301579793.png 1718302310856.png

from the article:
Inside the Soto House
Sterns had previously lived with Jennifer and Madeline Soto at their home but told officers that he had moved out in December 2023 to take a job his father had gotten for him. Besides Jennifer and Madeline, there were also at least two other people living in the home as their roommates.

Investigators served a search warrant on the property early in their investigation and noted immediately that the rooms in the home matched the background of many of the images of child sex abuse allegedly found on Sterns’ phone. Deputies also noted finding “masturbation cream” in Sterns’ room, along with a Sig Sauer weapon, ammunition and a black wallet with a chain spelling “Natalia” containing credit cards in
multiple names.

I am blown away that neither of the two unnamed roommates who resided in the Soto home have uttered a sound. LE may have asked them not to speak on the case but IME there are always people who cannot wait to discuss their inside knowledge of a crime/criminal or case. Not only have we not heard word one from JS, but neither roommate has come forward with shock, dismay, I knew something was off, I would never have beleived this type statements?

I find that odd.

Has anyone seen any sign of LE interviews with either of the two roommates? In the recently released docs we saw some notes about interviews with others, but nothing about these roommates.

The morning of 2/26 SS is tracked by vehicle sightings only. His cell phone, and his father's, both stay at the condo. Best we know he never had his cell phone accompanying him in the car until 4:45 give or take, that afternoon, when he heads for the insurance office to join JS.

JS left the condo around 2:45pm to pick up MS and was at the school at 2:56 or 2:57. School did not let out until near 4:00, so she is plenty early. SS apparently receives a phone call from JS that MS cannot be found at or near 4:45 PM.

All that from GH-2
starting right around 3:02:00. He dashes through it...slow it down and track the cell phone movements.

What would prompt JS to leave so early, and simply hang around the pick up area until it was clear MS was not going to show up, without contacting and entering the school? We can safely assume she was First in Line; and this was part of their daily schedule. I have not seen indication that she contacted anyone associated with the school until well after she was at her mother's office, but we have indication from the interviews of teachers at the school that JS did not attend school meetings and the like. Was there no means of making contact with the school, phoning from outside to confirm MS was not involved in some school activity, getting a PA announcement, etc.? Her response would be consistent with an inclination that MS had exited by a different route and headed for Grandma's business and of course MS did not have her phone. MS had spent at least some of the prior week with Grandma and presumably walked from the school to her office and then accompanied Grandma to her home, on those days that JS overnighted with Grandma.

There's a lot of deviation in that description: What did JS intend to do for the 55 minutes between her arrival at the school and classes being dismissed? Did JS believe that MS headed for the insurance office because MS did not want to come back to the condo? Was SS any part of the reason for JS to believe MS might feel that way? Was there a continuing topic that made JS adapt a fly under the radar approach in terms of the school administration because MS was technically going to a school outside her county of residence and the school records showed the insurance office as residence for MS?

I believe the answers to those questions and some more would indicate the extent and level of involvement of JS in the crimes all the way up through the disposal of the body. I do believe there was a considerable exchange between SS and JS at the insurance offices before LE showed up near 3 hours later. Their interaction during interrogation in terms of clothing MS wore, and similar, indicates there was some review of the days events and JS insistence on WE delivered MS, indicates congruency or coercion at some level.

Speculative of course: but I think JS was developing specific suspicions well before LE showed her the CSAM materials displaying MS and SS in JS's house. I do not think she was involved directly in the murder or the disposal of the body but I would believe there would have been near past conversations between JS and SS where JS lamented about how simple, stress free and relaxed her life would be but for....

MOO

It appears to me that Holiday Inn Vacation Resorts was unrelated, in that this was just the location of a parking

How could he have come in to her bedroom at that time if he wasn't even home then, according to the surveillance cameras?
The truth never changes period. "We took her to school" Oooops NOPE. Time of Madeline getting dressed Oooops NOPE again. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper