Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was this before her body had been found? It had to be. But it could've been after they had seen her in one or more videos with SS, where they assumed she was already deceased. Maybe they wanted to see what they said when asked again? I would like to know that myself. I wonder if they stuck to the same answer or if they changed it, maybe after having had a discussion over this exact thing? Maybe JS by now knew SS knew she was dead and maybe SS told her she'd been wrong about the blk shorts, etc.
if the bodycam date and time is correct, Feb 27, 5:45, it looks to be am before sunrise, still dark outside. but I noticed she is wearing the same thing. but, SS has a jacket on now. a view of LE's phone at her mom's place showed a time of 19:42 which is 7:42pm but the bodycam date is wrong (Feb 27) and has no timestamp, just counting off seconds/minutes.

could have been later after they went home and the cam is wrong? I find it odd they personally went there to 'verify clothing' when they already had that info. they were LE officers in uniform, as you can see from the shadows. detectives arent in uniform usually?

the redaction is unusual given that hours before, if its the same nite, they are on site and questions and answers were all recorded and released. Im wondering if they went there to put mobile trackers on the vehicles and needed a reason to be there without them knowing. (trackers and phone traps were on the discovery list). I dont see any dates, only installation was requested and approved.

Last edited:
I think it could all have been accomplished with her one phone.

This is telling

And interesting, no? Didn't HE say in his police interview that he got there BEFORE Maddie came back? Liars lie, even sometimes when they don't have to.

JMO
I thought so too, I was going to go back and listen but haven't had a chance.
All the posts regarding what Maddi' told her friends, made me think of Maddi's statement " When I turn 13, I want to go live in the woods, that's if World War 3 happened" Does that sound like there is a history of conflict there? What did she think would cause WW3? wonder what they've fought about in the past?

Last edited:
Was thinking about JS working in the school district.

Have we heard of any of the teachers, admin, etc. coming forward in support of her, at any time in this case?

My experience with family who have worked in schools is it is usually a very close, supportive type of community. They stick together.

Anyone?
It appeared to me to be more of an isolated incident where I believe JS was a substitute for the PE instructor.

I thought so too, I was going to go back and listen but haven't had a chance.
All the posts regarding Maddi's friends, made me think of Maddi's statement " When I turn 13, I want to go live in the woods, that's if World War 3 happened" Does that sound like there is a history of conflict there? What did she think would cause WW3? wonder what they've fought about in the past?
I thought the WW3 comment referred to the state of the world currently, not fighting at home. It's hard to know without more context.

Why didn’t his girlfriend report that SS was sharing a bed with Maddie?
She did. The woman contacted police voluntarily to report what she was told by SS. And turns out she was told the same thing that SS/JS told police --in other words, corroborated the story that MS was fearful of being alone and needed to be cuddled to fall asleep.

She did. The woman contacted police voluntarily to report what she was told by SS. And turns out she was told the same thing that SS/JS told police --in other words, corroborated the story that MS was fearful of being alone and needed to be cuddled to fall asleep.
I think she contacted LE after seeing that MS was missing, not when SS first said it to her.

After that initial interview with LE on Feb 26, JS and SS were allowed to return to the condo. That same night is when Sterns took off in the middle of the night in Jen's car, which would be early on the 27th. Later on the 27th, LE conducted an interview with JS after which they informed her they were securing the residence and everyone would have to stay somewhere else. They also towed SS' car for processing because MS was last seen in that vehicle.
I found this bit interesting -- and depending on where you are listening/viewing the document dump, this info was on about page 58:

Orange County Sheriff Detective Davila (#7453) was called to conduct a human decomp sweep with his K9 at the OC Command Center. The K9 had no response to SS's Silver Lincoln but gave an alert at the wheel well of JS's White Nissan.

Based on this info, I do believe that SS drove JS's vehicle out to where he dumped MS body in the afternoon and either moved her body behind the gate to the bamboo trees, or if she was already there, maybe he just added a cover of hay/grass.

I think SS likely panicked when he had the flat tire because he would have needed to move MS body from the trunk in broad daylight in order to access his spare tire! How would he explain a deceased child if somebody stopped to offer him help with the flat.

And if SS did in fact move MS to the bamboo tree line later when driving JS Nissan, this location probably bought him a couple more days since her body wasn't located by police until March 1 (following a tip by a caller). MOO

On March 1, a witness who watched a news conference was able to tell officials where Sterns’ vehicle was located. They said they saw him changing a tire on the side of a road in St. Cloud.

Deputies went to the property where the vehicle was located and with permission from the owner, they were able to get past the gates.

Tucked behind a line of bamboo trees, officials discovered what appeared to be a “lifeless” human body, covered by hay and articles of clothing, and surrounded by flies.

I think she contacted LE after seeing that MS was missing, not when SS first said it to her.
Agree. I don't think the co-worker/girl friend believed she had reason to report this knowing MS was sleeping with SS at the instruction of her mother! The alleged 'snuggling' therapy. :rolleyes: However, she reportedly cut off contact with SS after he shared the latest about having to turn away from MS after waking in the AM with an erection.

Agree. I don't think the co-worker/girl friend believed she had reason to report this knowing MS was sleeping with SS at the instruction of her mother! The alleged 'snuggling' therapy. :rolleyes: However, she reportedly cut off contact with SS after he shared the latest about having to turn away from MS after waking in the AM with an erection.
In all honesty, this is an issue, even if she called How much do you want to make a bet they would have thought "Hmm ex-girlfriend scorned " and done nothing,

I read that too. A reference to the current conflicts happening in the world.
Ok Im at that part now, re-reading it again, does it sound like they asked the friend about the reference to living in the woods and the friend clarified Maddi meant she would live in the woods only if ww3 happened, IOW, was not related to anything going on at home. I see now, it was about world events. before I thought why bring it up if it's about world events , but I get it now.

SS is such an idiot, it wouldn't shock me if his thought was any weird smells in father's car could be explained by poodles.

I personally think taking his father's car might be perceived as premeditation unless the Honda was inoperable or something? The Honda was also around the same model year, right? I've owned a few Hondas and generally speaking, they're pretty low maintenance, and hard to destroy. So, I'm a bit curious as to why SS was driving his father's Lincoln in the first place? Had he planned to murder MS, or something else sinister, and wanted to use a different vehicle to move her in?

If she was sleeping through the abuse in those photos then she had to have been drugged. Poor thing, no wonder she was falling asleep in class. MOO
I'm guessing, there was a certain eyewitness to the procedures then. This eyewitness, I imagine, also needed sleep in the mornings, when she didn't get enough sleep by night (just like SS, who anyway demanded his sleep). Drugs or not - don't tell me, JS didn't know! Shudder. MOO

I'm guessing, there was a certain eyewitness to the procedures then. This eyewitness, I imagine, also needed sleep in the mornings, when she didn't get enough sleep by night (just like SS, who anyway demanded his sleep). Drugs or not - don't tell me, JS didn't know! Shudder. MOO
"Bedtime routine"

:(

I don't post often because the subject matter is so reprehensible to me, but this predator SS needs to get to court, get convicted and go to the head of the DP line, especially since they have video proof.

JS - In a 1,450 sq ft. townhouse (with roommates at times) please don't tell me you didn't know something was off in the relationship with SS & Madeline. I believe that was the issue between her and her family, they saw something wrong, or maybe Madeline confided something to them. SS sleeping alone with Madeline at her age (8-13) would be the first sign.

JS sounds bizarre and confused during her interviews, not upset or overly concerned about Madeline, and flat out lies about 'we' took her to school, I saw her getting dressed that morning, etc. Huge red flag alert. I'm not accusing her of anything specific, but I believe she knows more than she's saying.

Where is she anyway? Did anyone ever figure that out?

JMO

Where is she anyway? Did anyone ever figure that out?

JMO

It seems as though none of the reputable sources seem to know, or share where JS is.

They're all very focused on SS, which is understandable.

My guess would be JS is with family. I don't think she is being treated inpatient for mental health. Not for this long. Her employment history seems shaky, so who knows her insurance status. I would think the costs for several months of care would be astronomical?

Even with good insurance, anyone I have ever known who was hospitalized for suicidal ideation/danger to self stayed a week or two, mainly to stabilize and get meds sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB