Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn't JS been charged with anything yet?
She lied to investigators at the very least.
I'm just so beyond shocked a Mom would let her daughter sleep with her stepfather in another room. C'mon now.
Encouraged it even!
5 yrs he was able to abuse Maddie because JS allowed this man access. Smh.

if the bodycam date and time is correct, Feb 27, 5:45, it looks to be am before sunrise, still dark outside. but I noticed she is wearing the same thing. but, SS has a jacket on now. a view of LE's phone at her mom's place showed a time of 19:42 which is 7:42pm but the bodycam date is wrong (Feb 27) and has no timestamp, just counting off seconds/minutes.

could have been later after they went home and the cam is wrong? I find it odd they personally went there to 'verify clothing' when they already had that info. they were LE officers in uniform, as you can see from the shadows. detectives arent in uniform usually?

the redaction is unusual given that hours before, if its the same nite, they are on site and questions and answers were all recorded and released. Im wondering if they went there to put mobile trackers on the vehicles and needed a reason to be there without them knowing. (trackers and phone traps were on the discovery list). I dont see any dates, only installation was requested and approved.
Perhaps it's redacted because it's evidence in an adjacent investigation.

JMO

That tells me she did not dress herself.
Regarding the changing aspect, it might be a pointless question but if MS had a bedroom in the living room, were her clothes in there? Or upstairs?

I’m wondering if MS would’ve had to change in the living room or in the bedroom with SS. That is, if she was even alive.

Why hasn't JS been charged with anything yet?
She lied to investigators at the very least.
I'm just so beyond shocked a Mom would let her daughter sleep with her stepfather in another room. C'mon now.
Encouraged it even!
5 yrs he was able to abuse Maddie because JS allowed this man access. Smh.
Gentle correction: He wasn’t even her stepfather. He was JS’s on and off boyfriend.

OK, well that's good news maybe that its about the state of the world. Funny how we interpret things differently. I must have a very suspicious mind.
No I agree with you. I don’t see a child as young as Madeline referring to an actual war. I definitely thought it meant the same thing as you. I remember saying that as a kid too. “If so and so happens, it’s gonna be world war 3!!!” Meaning, it’s gonna go down! lol. I believe she was referring to conflicts at home, based on the context, and talking about not getting along with her mother. But sadly we’ll never know the truth since Madeline is no longer with us. MOO.

if the bodycam date and time is correct, Feb 27, 5:45, it looks to be am before sunrise, still dark outside. but I noticed she is wearing the same thing. but, SS has a jacket on now. a view of LE's phone at her mom's place showed a time of 19:42 which is 7:42pm but the bodycam date is wrong (Feb 27) and has no timestamp, just counting off seconds/minutes.
On June 3 @Gemmie posted this link.

Body-Worn Video Cameras for Law Enforcement Assessment Report

The video is date and time stamped in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which cannot be changed. The user can add additional information to the files including a case number and notes

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/Body-Worn-Cams-AR_0415-508_0.pdf

Last edited:
If it did happen (just spitballing, no proof of course), I wonder if it's because it was his father's vehicle, and any fluids soaking into the seats if allowed to just sit there would be problematic.
I agree about fluids soaking into the seats, but my full post (that was under a spoiler), stated why it would be worse to change her soiled pants in the car. That reason is....

It would NOT be an easy task in the first place with her deceased, but changing her pants in the car would be even more difficult due to the tight space, the risk of someone seeing him doing something really strange, and the fact it would be MESSY to slide her pants down on the seat, getting the seats really soiled with fecal matter, and then sliding fresh pants up over that? To me, it would be MUCH easier to get something underneath her bottom like a folded towel, a piece of cardboard or even magazines. Anything to soak stuff up.

If he went back to where her body was dumped, wouldn't the police know that? Like from video footage of stores / gas stations / citizens (ring vid) in the area? I wonder if the car GPS would help police know where he went in her car that night?
Good point. I'm guessing they checked all cams from when he was shown leaving the condo, and could "follow" the car down whatever path it took. That seems like a lot of time and trouble though. Let's hope they know, especially if he did something of interest to their case! :)

If he went back to where her body was dumped, wouldn't the police know that? Like from video footage of stores / gas stations / citizens (ring vid) in the area? I wonder if the car GPS would help police know where he went in her car that night?
Im pretty sure the police do know, it's just a guess but when the officer asked him this( below) it sounded like they knew.

She did. The woman contacted police voluntarily to report what she was told by SS. And turns out she was told the same thing that SS/JS told police --in other words, corroborated the story that MS was fearful of being alone and needed to be cuddled to fall asleep.
True, she did contact LE voluntarily to report that SS told her he slept with Maddie... But she didn't do that at the time that she was told. She did it after the fact when Maddie was missing and already deceased. Doing so as soon as she was told might have helped Maddie's situation. JMO

From @cujenn81's excellent timeline and notes above (and HERE if you missed her excellent post):

MA, 2/29/2024

- contacted Orange County Sheriff’s Office after seeing the news release

She did. The woman contacted police voluntarily to report what she was told by SS. And turns out she was told the same thing that SS/JS told police --in other words, corroborated the story that MS was fearful of being alone and needed to be cuddled to fall asleep.
Yeah but why didn’t she report that as soon as she heard SS say it??

Also this provides a history for us as well. This “need to be cuddled to fall asleep” wasn’t new. It had clearly be ongoing for ages! When did she break up with this fool? Ugh. I bet he started her “need to cuddle” on his arrival if it wasn’t already there. G r o s s.

On June 3 @Gemmie posted this link.

Body-Worn Video Cameras for Law Enforcement Assessment Report

The video is date and time stamped in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which cannot be changed. The user can add additional information to the files including a case number and notes

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/Body-Worn-Cams-AR_0415-508_0.pdf
thank you!.....missed or forgotten...for me, like so many thangs!

Yeah but why didn’t she report that as soon as she heard SS say it??
I am on the fence about this one... how well did this gal know ss? They worked at Disney together, right? The docs say "they were intimate" while SS was "separated" from JS? (They're not married LOL)

She heard SS describe creepy situation where he cuddles an ex-girlfriend's daughter to help her sleep... and then the resulting unfortunate "e".

It does not mention this gal reported it "as soon as she heard it" to LE but honestly... maybe she just wanted to drop him like a sack o' potatoes? I get it in retrospect but I don't put ANY grain of blame on her for not doing anything. I have bigger issues with the fact that Maddie saw school Counselors who could have connected some dots.

It was either a teacher or one of her friends who said Madeline always wore black shorts and green hoody to school on Monday as they had P.E that day.
That’s probably why JS interrupted SS in the insurance office video, insisting Maddie had on black shorts — we know she didn’t see her that morning — she could make a good guess from habit. Good info to have. MOO.

Related to finding dear Maddie’s body in jeans, I doubt SS knew what immediate physical events happen at death. OMO.

EDIT: This doesn’t make much sense — retracting. As @Megnut noted above, she was probably never in shorts. [If dear Maddie were still clinging to life when placed in the car: Perhaps during that time when SS was driving around after moving the body from passenger seat to trunk he stopped at a Target to purchase clean clothes? I don’t recall pants being part of the Holiday Inn video description, and we don’t know if the jeans she was found in were her normal size. SS may have moved the corpse into the trunk when he realized he had a mess.] MOO.

Last edited:
I am on the fence about this one... how well did this gal know ss? They worked at Disney together, right? The docs say "they were intimate" while SS was "separated" from JS? (They're not married LOL)

She heard SS describe creepy situation where he cuddles an ex-girlfriend's daughter to help her sleep... and then the resulting unfortunate "e".

It does not mention this gal reported it "as soon as she heard it" to LE but honestly... maybe she just wanted to drop him like a sack o' potatoes? I get it in retrospect but I don't put ANY grain of blame on her for not doing anything. I have bigger issues with the fact that Maddie saw school Counselors who could have connected some dots.
I have many issues with many adults in this case and with the exception of JA who I believe was willfully blind… hindsight is 20/20 vision. Sigh.

Did SS actually have a flat tire that afternoon or did someone see him with the trunk open and just assumed a flat tire. Did he drop the body that afternoon or did it remain in the trunk and transferred to JS car in the middle of the night and dumped then?

ADMIN NOTE:

We're going to say this gently one more time.

Please do NOT speculate on Madeline being pregnant. There is no known fact to support it and it simply derails the discussion with baseless speculation that changes nothing.

Also, various posts with screenshots from SS's Reddit have been removed. Members are required to familiarize themselves with TOS, which includes:

Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

could have been later after they went home and the cam is wrong? I find it odd they personally went there to 'verify clothing' when they already had that info. they were LE officers in uniform, as you can see from the shadows. detectives arent in uniform usually?

the redaction is unusual given that hours before, if its the same nite, they are on site and questions and answers were all recorded and released. Im wondering if they went there to put mobile trackers on the vehicles and needed a reason to be there without them knowing. (trackers and phone traps were on the discovery list). I dont see any dates, only installation was requested and approved.
The body cam footage is recorded in zulu/UTC time, which would have been 5 hours ahead of ET at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95