WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling there are problems on both sides. Which just makes me sad for the little one. What will become of her in this mess the adults in her life have made for her? It’s just bad for her all around.
Things can get REALLY overblown in custody battles. There is nothing that justifies what Aaron is doing. He needs to bring her back ASAP bc the longer it goes on, the worse he will be treated by the law.

I hve no problem discussing the March CPS report. I find it extremely relevant given the self serving Aung family statement and the allegations around diapering and rashes. If Samara's mother did indeed report concerns around behavior changes of Seraya after having visits with her father I find it very relevant to the scenerio at hand.

I believe Samara's mother. I have no reason not to. I believe she had geniune concerns that something was happening to create the baby's new behaviors. I believe her when she says she noticed these changes most after visits with Aung. I also believe her when she says that the person who abused Samara is not allowed around and that she herself is who reported that SA circumstance years ago. Finally I believe her when she says she wanted to protect baby even if she didn't know who might be responsible if there was some form of abuse. Even if that person turned out to be her own daughter.

MOO this only serves to further Samara's case and not Aungs. JMO MOO the mileage of others may vary
I respect your decision to believe one “side” over the other without knowing all of the circumstances and facts, or whether any of it is actually true.

Imo people are getting distracted by and lost in the circus of it all and for some reason ignoring glaring red flags coming from the side they support. And basing their conclusions on gossip and emotion instead of objectivity and facts. I want to wait until more facts are known before coming to any conclusions.

Anyhoo just imo moo

I respect your decision to believe one “side” over the other without knowing all of the circumstances and facts, or whether any of it is actually true.

Imo people are getting distracted by and lost in the circus of it all and for some reason ignoring glaring red flags coming from the side they support. And basing their conclusions on gossip and emotion instead of objectivity and facts. I want to wait until more facts are known before coming to any conclusions.

Anyhoo just imo moo
thank you, I respect that we are going to agree to disagree.

I don't feel I am on any side - other than that of the law. The law says what AA and NC have done and are doing is wrong, hence the warrant for Aung. Until I see evidence of some sort of immediate jeopardy that Seraya has been removed from, I guess I side with the victims of that crime, namely, Seraya and Samara and not the lovebirds.

ETA I find it interesting that the Aung family statement is taken by some as gospel and information from the "side" they don't support is simply gossip and emotion, but that's just me.

ITA! The Aung family appears to be educated and they seem to believe they wield power in their community - enough anyway that they are comfortable revealing the bio mom’s past trauma in a sick attempt to gain sympathy for their outlaw son.

So which set of grandparents have Seraya’s best interests? The ones making claims in a public statement without producing evidence or the grandma who became suspicious after witnessing odd behavior from Seraya’s visits to her dad… and reported it to CPS?

If the Aungs are so confident in their accusations why didn’t they also report it?

It was bio dad who went on the run with an innocent child, not bio mom. For that matter it was his parents, not he who are pointing fingers. To me it smacks of desperation to escape from a possible investigation more than saving Seraya.

Who the heck chooses to drag a baby into a life of subterfuge and possibly living rough in order to evade authorities? How is that a better life for Seraya? All dad had to do was call his attorney to delve into potential abuse. Why run?

If information comes out to support abuse in mom’s home I’ll certainly change my opinion but in the meantime it’s the dad who’s breaking the law and putting his daughter through a difficult time. That implies guilt.
MOO
BBM

I admit I don't know who to believe at this point so far as the families go. I think there are red flags on both sides. BUT so far as I can see, we have no "evidence" who (if anyone) called CPS or if it was done, when it was done or what the complaint was. The grandmother on the mother's side saying she did it doesn't make it true. And it is, IMO, quite unlikely the child was released from the ER with a life-threatening bowel blockage as the mother claimed to LE. IMO the father's family's account of the constipation problem seems more likely. But quite unlikely to have been released with life-threatening symptoms doesn't mean it's impossible. So we really know every little about the truth of what has been said about much of anything.
MOO

Edited to add mother's statement about ER visit

Last edited:
BBM

I admit I don't know who to believe at this point so far as the families go. I think there are red flags on both sides. BUT so far as I can see, we have no "evidence" who (if anyone) called CPS or if it was done, when it was done or what the complaint was. The grandmother on the mother's side saying she did it doesn't make it true. And it is, IMO, quite unlikely the child was released from the ER with a life-threatening bowel blockage as the mother claimed to LE. IMO the father's family's account of the constipation problem seems more likely. But quite unlikely to have been released with life-threatening symptoms doesn't mean it's impossible. So we really know every little about the truth of what has been said about much of anything.
MOO

Edited to add mother's statement about ER visit
I agree that we don’t have a full story and might never know why Aaron and Nadia ran away with Seraya. We can only make guesses based on current information.

Perhaps Samara exaggerated Seraya’s medical condition in hopes of adding pressure to LE’s search for her. Heck, if my child was kidnapped I’d pull out every stop I could to motivate LE and the FBI. Absolutely.

And let’s assume all the grandparents are lying through their teeth, also hoping it would keep the search for Seraya a priority. If we discount all their claims we’re left with two adults who unlawfully fled with a little girl who may or may not be seriously ill, removing her from the lawful 50/50 custody of her mother.

That is not in dispute. It’s up to Aaron to explain why he ran with Seraya once he returns to Pullman. But he hasn’t done that so I sincerely question his motives until we hear differently.
MOO

Things can get REALLY overblown in custody battles. There is nothing that justifies what Aaron is doing. He needs to bring her back ASAP bc the longer it goes on, the worse he will be treated by the law.
I think so, too. Why did he (or, his family) feel the need to take extreme measures? Why not just keep fighting in the courts?

Right now, I'm more interested in Nadia and her story.

I understand how bad custodial fights can get, but Seraya isn't Nadia's kid.

How desperate/spoiled does someone have to be to leave her own parents hanging at an airport--when they were treating her to a graduation trip to Italy?

Since she left her phone in the airport bathroom, did they already have burner phones?

How long has this been planned? Who planned it?

I read that Aaron has a grandmother in the Philippines. Will the Philippines extradite on a custodial issue?

I agree that we don’t have a full story and might never know why Aaron and Nadia ran away with Seraya. We can only make guesses based on current information.

Perhaps Samara exaggerated Seraya’s medical condition in hopes of adding pressure to LE’s search for her. Heck, if my child was kidnapped I’d pull out every stop I could to motivate LE and the FBI. Absolutely.

And let’s assume all the grandparents are lying through their teeth, also hoping it would keep the search for Seraya a priority. If we discount all their claims we’re left with two adults who unlawfully fled with a little girl who may or may not be seriously ill, removing her from the lawful 50/50 custody of her mother.

That is not in dispute. It’s up to Aaron to explain why he ran with Seraya once he returns to Pullman. But he hasn’t done that so I sincerely question his motives until we hear differently.
MOO
As my first sentence indicated, I wasn't addressing the actions of Aaron & Nadia in my last post-- just the families as it appeared to me claims were being made we have evidence one side is being truthful and I don't think we do.

"Evidence" to support either side as being truthful seems to be lacking at this point. Some people may choose to believe the grandmother who claimed she saw concerning behaviors & called CPS about Aaron's family. Others may be more skeptical. I don't have any idea what happened. Perhaps she did call but we don't have any evidence that happened. And CPS certainly isn't going to tell us. And maybe the mother did make up the story about the child having a life-threatening bowel condition for her own reasons (like making the search more urgent although IF the statement from the father's side is true about this issue, the bowel story from the mother came before the child disappeared.) We can guess and depending on what we believe about both sides come up with explanations. But we do not have any evidence to explain why the mother said that. Was the child seen by a really bad ER doctor who said the child might die but they weren't going to go anything to prevent that in the ER? Maybe but that certainly isn't the most likely explanation IMO.
MOO

I just found my answer -- no, the Philippines will not necessairily extradite on an child custody issue. From law office of Jeremy. D. Morley.

"Once in the Philippines, the child/ren would be completely subject to Philippine law for all matters including custody."

and,

"Parental child abduction is not a crime under Philippine law. Custody disputes are considered civil legal matters that must be resolved between the concerned parties or through the courts in the Philippines. Philippine authorities advise the American Embassy that generally the Philippine courts will give custody of children under the age of seven to the mother, provided there is no evidence that would indicate that the mother is unfit to raise the child."

So, what if that's what the Aung family was doing? Trying to establish evidence Samara is unfit because Aaron and Nadia absconded to the Philippines?

All MOO, of course, but it's interesting in light of Aaron having a grandparent in the Philippines. Is it likely Samara could come up with the resources to fight something like that?

I just found my answer -- no, the Philippines will not necessairily extradite on an child custody issue. From law office of Jeremy. D. Morley.

"Once in the Philippines, the child/ren would be completely subject to Philippine law for all matters including custody."

and,

"Parental child abduction is not a crime under Philippine law. Custody disputes are considered civil legal matters that must be resolved between the concerned parties or through the courts in the Philippines. Philippine authorities advise the American Embassy that generally the Philippine courts will give custody of children under the age of seven to the mother, provided there is no evidence that would indicate that the mother is unfit to raise the child."

So, what if that's what the Aung family was doing? Trying to establish evidence Samara is unfit because Aaron and Nadia absconded to the Philippines?

All MOO, of course, but it's interesting in light of Aaron having a grandparent in the Philippines. Is it likely Samara could come up with the resources to fight something like that?

I hadn't seen anything about Aaron having a grandparent overseas. Is there a link to that information somewhere?

I read that Aaron has a grandmother in the Philippines. Will the Philippines extradite on a custodial issue?
snipped.

I could be wrong and hope someone will correct me if I am, but I think IF they crossed international borders, it is not longer "just" a custodial issue (though as it stands, that alone is a felony), but bumps up to a more serious situation to authorities because they took a U.S. citizen (Seraya) out of the country without consent. You cannot just pick up and transport one of our citizens to another country because you want to. For minors to leave the country, BOTH custodial parents need to agree.

I hope for everyone's sake, they are still within USA.

jmo

Last edited:

According to this video, the missing Cadillac was found in Mexico; however, these three missing people have not been sighted there. Also, there was an unconfirmed report that these people were seen either in Canada or headed to Canada. I listened to the part about Canada twice and still couldn't tell whether they were supposed to have been seen in Canada or headed there.

In my opinion, this was planned out thoroughly in advance. I hope they are investigating every property they can find related to the Aung family, their employees, and their friends. They could still be hiding somewhere in the U.S. They had plenty of time to go hide somewhere; however, they would need supplies to stay hidden.

They made a false lead saying they went to Montana. Then this car went to Mexico. I wouldn't be surprised if that was another false lead.

Anyhoo just imo moo
Probably the whole point in the mud slinging! Perhaps even a strategy by one side of the family

Cadillac was found in Mexico? I wonder where in Mexico, and under what conditions?
I think what they meant was that the car was seen in Mexico, not actually found:

"And as of last Friday, we have information that the car that belongs to the Aung family was spotted in Mexico. So that's kind of shifted the search."

Later in the video Vinnie says:
"Like the car was found in Mexico, right?"
but again, I think he means that it was spotted, not physically found.

These quotes from 9:51, and 35:15 in the video:

snipped.

I could be wrong and hope someone will correct me if I am, but I think IF they crossed international borders, it is not longer "just" a custodial issue (though as it stands, that alone is a felony), but bumps up to a more serious situation to authorities because they took a U.S. citizen (Seraya) out of the country without consent. You cannot just pick up and transport one of our citizens to another country because you want to. For minors to leave the country, BOTH custodial parents need to agree.

I hope for everyone's sake, they are still within USA.

jmo
Plus, if they somehow managed to evade LE and the FBI by using fake passports to flee to another country then both adults would have committed passport fraud, a felony.

It was a lot easier to use forged documents a decade or so ago; nowadays things like scanners, hologram chips and international data sharing makes it a lot harder to get away with fakes.

Some countries require a minimum time after having a passport issued before someone can enter. Some collect photos and finger or thumb prints. How desperate could they be to risk time in a federal prison?
MOO based on a Google search on passport laws.

If they were to have escaped to the Philippines or some other foreign country, imagine being a 22 year old blonde American woman suddenly in an environment you know nothing about and probably don't even speak the language. That's not to say she wouldn't or couldn't thrive - a lot of people do love challenges and adventures! But I would think there would be a huge dose of reality once the newness wears off. Probably about now.

If they were to have escaped to the Philippines or some other foreign country, imagine being a 22 year old blonde American woman suddenly in an environment you know nothing about and probably don't even speak the language. That's not to say she wouldn't or couldn't thrive - a lot of people do love challenges and adventures! But I would think there would be a huge dose of reality once the newness wears off. Probably about now.
....while playing Mommy to a two-year-old.

jmo

I think what they meant was that the car was seen in Mexico, not actually found:

"And as of last Friday, we have information that the car that belongs to the Aung family was spotted in Mexico. So that's kind of shifted the search."

Later in the video Vinnie says:
"Like the car was found in Mexico, right?"
but again, I think he means that it was spotted, not physically found.

These quotes from 9:51, and 35:15 in the video:
Maybe, but at the 35:19 spot, he definitely says "the car was found in Mexico." He goes on to propose that the car was driven to Mexico and parked there to mislead authorities.

ITA! The Aung family appears to be educated and they seem to believe they wield power in their community - enough anyway that they are comfortable revealing the bio mom’s past trauma in a sick attempt to gain sympathy for their outlaw son.

So which set of grandparents have Seraya’s best interests? The ones making claims in a public statement without producing evidence or the grandma who became suspicious after witnessing odd behavior from Seraya’s visits to her dad… and reported it to CPS?

If the Aungs are so confident in their accusations why didn’t they also report it?

It was bio dad who went on the run with an innocent child, not bio mom. For that matter it was his parents, not he who are pointing fingers. To me it smacks of desperation to escape from a possible investigation more than saving Seraya.

Who the heck chooses to drag a baby into a life of subterfuge and possibly living rough in order to evade authorities? How is that a better life for Seraya? All dad had to do was call his attorney to delve into potential abuse. Why run?

If information comes out to support abuse in mom’s home I’ll certainly change my opinion but in the meantime it’s the dad who’s breaking the law and putting his daughter through a difficult time. That implies guilt.
MOO
But the fact of the matter is we don’t know if they also reported it. It’s not like CPS is making statements about any of this. I think her maternal grandma has her best interests at heart, but we don’t know if she’s the only one who reported the behavior. Both sides of this little girls family are acting very strange and have a whole lot going on, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay