WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Samara ever questioned for more specifics on what he meant when he said he has "connections". Could he have meant mafia types? Or maybe just ordinary criminal types? Or some Asian people with some kind of power? Wonder, if there was even any truth to that, if that may be who is helping them now.
double post

If the claims made on both sides are true then someone was victimizing the child.
Logically if one had real concerns they would take the legal path. Absconding with Seraya suggests to me that they don’t want the child examined - which then leads me to hmmm why wouldn’t they want Seraya examined, why run and hide? Especially knowing that absconding with the child is likely going to make him lose 50/50 custody, maybe even his visitation rights entirely.

Logically if one had real concerns they would take the legal path. Absconding with Seraya suggests to me that they don’t want the child examined - which then leads me to hmmm why wouldn’t they want Seraya examined, why run and hide? Especially knowing that absconding with the child is likely going to make him lose 50/50 custody, maybe even his visitation rights entirely.
That is my thought process as well.

The Statement: Those people we have to negotiate custody with for many years to come? They are druggies, rapists, psycho, depressed, addicts, filthy, suicidal, rape victims, evil, etc etc…
Well, first, zero compassion for suicidal people and rape victims.

And the use of this type of "othering" language, particularly the word "filthy"? It is red flag language, literally dehumanizing. HIstorically and currently, groups setting up this dynamic of pure (us) vs impure (them) resulted in *checks notes* genocide, forced relocation and other horrifying scenarios.

Using this language puts the Aungs into the scary, scary people category for me.

I wonder if this had already been looked into. Perhaps CPS and/or LE already looked into the Aung's claims of mistreatment, drug use, etc. and cleared everyone involved, finding no issues. The Aung family statement didn't say this nor would they, as it would reflect poorly on their story of trying to save Seraya from what they felt was a dangerous situation. If the situation had already been investigated and nothing of substance found by authorities, the Aungs wouldn't have any further recourse in the legal system. Their family statement even included comments about their perceived failure of the legal system. It's certainly not an excuse to abduct a child from her mother, but I could see how the Aungs might feel backed into a corner if they have exhausted all the legal options and still disagree with the outcomes.

Even Vinnie Politan in this CourtTV segment called the Aung's press release "bizarre".

When the press release was met with criticism rather than empathy, it seems the Aung's decided to double down and release YouTube videos to show the "proof" of their righteousness, and further deride the mom.

For some reason, they seem compelled to keep appealing to the public to try and prove their point. IMO it reeks of desperation and, I would argue, consciousness of guilt.

Even Vinnie Politan in this CourtTV segment called the Aung's press release "bizarre".

When the press release was met with criticism rather than empathy, it seems the Aung's decided to double down and release YouTube videos to show the "proof" of their righteousness, and further deride the mom.

For some reason, they seem compelled to keep appealing to the public to try and prove their point. IMO it reeks of desperation and, I would argue, consciousness of guilt.

There are three YouTube videos which are linked here: Aung Family Statement

I'm listening to the first one and I can already say it's doubtful I'm going to make it through all three. Egads! :(

@PommyMommy honestly---- They're not worth your valuable time. Sister of Aaron is promoting them on social media and giving it clicks is just adding to the clout.

It's family Aung throwing dispersion at family Harmon with completely irrelevant and trashy accusations. Pun intended. Save yourself time.

None of it has anything to do with the fact that Aung family at this point is highly sus and I would not be surprised if they are 100% helping Aaron commit the crime of where is essentially child abduction from her mom.

There are three YouTube videos which are linked here: Aung Family Statement

I'm listening to the first one and I can already say it's doubtful I'm going to make it through all three. Egads! :(
Omg someone please take their devices away.
What are they trying to prove? Their beloved son deemed her good enough to play house with and make a baby.

Thank you for this, slowpoke. I'm only half-way through but wanted to note that Vinnie asks Shawna, maternal grandmother about parts of the statement concerning Seraya's reaction to diaper changes and the reference to Samara's half-brother being a pedophile. This was her response:

19:45 "I will say that it's very unfortunate that Samara's trauma is being used against her. Her half-brother is not around Seraya, for obvious reasons. Our entire family is very protective of the children in it. When Samara was victimized, as a child, I'm the one that turned it in. I would not turn a blind eye to my granddaughter being molested. And, she was displaying strange behaviors and saying things, and I actually called Child Protective Services because of that back in March. It was when she would come back from her father's house with weird infections and stuff, and freaking out with diaper changes that was never happening before."

ETA: 22:36 "The custody battle itself, I mean they were in a great position; they had lawyers, we had nothing. We did mediation to settle for 50/50. We were terrified to go up against them with no representation, and so that's what Samara ultimately settled for because they were going for full custody with no visitation for Samara."

Am I reading this correctly? That Shawna called CPS regarding Seraya back in March??? If so that is huge!!

First, those comments by Shawna, I guess the mudslinging is no longer one sided!

Second, if CPS was actually called in March, I would love to know the outcome! Obviously Aaron/Aungs would have been investigated, but nothing changed as far as custody, so we can only presume that Shawna’s allegations/concerns were concluded to be wrong/false. Or perhaps nothing had been investigated yet? Would love to know the details of all this as it is VERY important to the case!

I find all this very troubling for many reasons. Samara herself said in interviews and posted herself on SM that everything had been going fine since custody was set last year. Now we are hearing that CPS was called in March? I’m very surprised by this! Someone tell me I have this wrong because if not, it completely changes everything with this case.

ETA: if Shawna did call CPS, did Samara know??

Last edited:
Seems like there has been a lot going on for a long time.

Apart from anything, none of this will be of any comfort for Nadia's family. They may be wondering the vindictiveness may be extended to her.

Horrible situation!

Am I reading this correctly? That Shawna called CPS regarding Seraya back in March??? If so that is huge!!

First, those comments by Shawna, I guess the mudslinging is no longer one sided!

Second, if CPS was actually called in March, I would love to know the outcome! Obviously Aaron/Aungs would have been investigated, but nothing changed as far as custody, so we can only presume that Shawna’s allegations/concerns were concluded to be wrong/false. Or perhaps nothing had been investigated yet? Would love to know the details of all this as it is VERY important to the case!

I find all this very troubling for many reasons. Samara herself said in interviews and posted herself on SM that everything had been going fine since custody was set last year. Now we are hearing that CPS was called in March? I’m very surprised by this! Someone tell me I have this wrong because if not, it completely changes everything with this case.

I didn't hear any mudslinging on Shawna's part.

Wow. Nobody seems to want to discuss the March CPS report? Interesting.

If that really happened, I wonder if Shawna did it on her own, or if anyone else knew or participated, including Samara?

I wonder if it had been investigated and closed, or if CPS had just started to investigate and that’s what set off the panic and the fleeing?

Regardless, I knew from day one that there had to be a lot more to the story. And I’m willing to bet there is a lot more. It made zero sense that if all was going well with the custody agreement, and both parents were in new relationships, it makes no sense for Aaron and Nadia to just take off with the baby like that and completely disrupt their lives.

Maybe this abduction was spurred by a CPS visit.

I didn't hear any mudslinging on Shawna's part.

Wow. Nobody seems to want to discuss the March CPS report? Interesting.

If that really happened, I wonder if Shawna did it on her own, or if anyone else knew or participated, including Samara?

I wonder if it had been investigated and closed, or if CPS had just started to investigate and that’s what set off the panic and the fleeing?

Regardless, I knew from day one that there had to be a lot more to the story. And I’m willing to bet there is a lot more. It made zero sense that if all was going well with the custody agreement, and both parents were in new relationships, it makes no sense for Aaron and Nadia to just take off with the baby like that and completely disrupt their lives.
I didn't hear any mudslinging in the interview. I found Shawna to be very measured in her discussion of her granddaughter.

Vinnie Politan says the Aung statement is "off-the-wall bonkers" and gives Shawna an opportunity to respond to the accusations. Shawna does not really take the bait and says:

"On a personal level, I don't want to say anything bad about Aaron. I don't think that this decision was a wise one. I don't think that it, I don't think they were in fear for Seraya uh she was definitely not in imminent danger from her mother or anyone on this side of the family. Um Aaron is very young, very impressionable. Um I do not think that he just decided to rescue his daughter from this made up terrible situation."

Regarding the March CPS report, there was just a scant mention of it in this interview, and unfortunately, Vinnie Politan didn't adequately follow up on it. So I really wouldn't feel comfortable having a discussion about it - I just don't know much from the interview. This is what was discussed:

Vinnie Politan: "Shawna, the accusation's out there. I wanted to give you an opportunity if you wanted to respond to that. Don't feel obligated whatever you're comfortable with."

Shawna: "I will say that it's very unfortunate that Samara's trauma is being used against her. Um her half brother is not around Seraya for obvious reasons. Um our entire family is very protective of the children in it. Um when Samara was victimized as a child, I'm the one that turned it in. I would not turn a blind eye to my granddaughter being molested, and she was displaying strange behaviors and saying things and I actually called Child Protective Services because of that back in March. It was when she would come back from her father's house with weird infections and stuff and freaking out with diaper changes. That was never happening before.”

Vinnie Politan: “So you're saying what they're saying is, is they're basically gas lighting. They're, they're accusing your side of the family of what was happening when she was with the other side of the family.”

Shawna: “I don't know that. I know that I saw those behaviors too and I called Child Protective Services because I don't care who it was. I would want her safe from whoever it was no matter what. Um If they were seeing those things as well, they could have called too. I mean, I, I think that that's the right thing to do.”

The video is here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member