WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I've missed it, but what did Aaron do for a living? I've not seen anything mentioned about his job/missing from work/ what he might have made each pay period. ??? Someone is/has been funding his life. Since the parents had 50/50 maybe he didn't pay any child support?? What do his parents do or how did they acquire wealth? I think the disappearance of all 3 had been planned for awhile. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. It's too well-thought out since they haven't been seen nor does anyone actually know where they are. I wonder if the parents would allow investigators to search their home? I don't think they are hiding there, but at least L.E. could rule one place out. I'm thinking the newness of being "one big happy family" is probably wearing thin about now. Reality of what they've done and what the future might hold for N.C. might make her rethink her recent decisions. My ramblings.. my opinions.
The family are general contractors:

Stay in Other Country? Drastic Change in Life?
(Editted to provide source of extradition info)

If, big IF, the couple plans to relocate to one of those countries, seems likely in many, they may face LANGUAGE barriers and CULTURE SHOCK, notwithstanding their familial exposures to other cultures.

That may also hold true even for other "Westernized" countries w extradition treaties w US.
jmo
Wiki references US St Dept website, as of 2022.
I have a friend in Houston who spent months in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand and she didn't want to come back to the US. She loved it and had no problem as an English only speaker.

Family business? That explains why Aaron doesn't have any sort of CV or business presence online. Also explains some of the family dynamic we are seeing play out here

Aaron is an operations manager, I did see that posted somewhere in an inflated statement. But failed to say, he works for his Dad? Is that right?

He must have the sort of job where you can take an unannounced, indefinite leave of absence.

Might as well ask -- whatever will the law community do without budding lawyer Nadia? And the National Guard without Aaron?

As if wanting to be something is the same as being it....

Bubble burst, Aaron and Nadia, you are not Seraya's parents.

Neither morally superior.

JMO

Thank you for this, slowpoke. I'm only half-way through but wanted to note that Vinnie asks Shawna, maternal grandmother about parts of the statement concerning Seraya's reaction to diaper changes and the reference to Samara's half-brother being a pedophile. This was her response:

19:45 "I will say that it's very unfortunate that Samara's trauma is being used against her. Her half-brother is not around Seraya, for obvious reasons. Our entire family is very protective of the children in it. When Samara was victimized, as a child, I'm the one that turned it in. I would not turn a blind eye to my granddaughter being molested. And, she was displaying strange behaviors and saying things, and I actually called Child Protective Services because of that back in March. It was when she would come back from her father's house with weird infections and stuff, and freaking out with diaper changes that was never happening before."

ETA: 22:36 "The custody battle itself, I mean they were in a great position; they had lawyers, we had nothing. We did mediation to settle for 50/50. We were terrified to go up against them with no representation, and so that's what Samara ultimately settled for because they were going for full custody with no visitation for Samara."

According to the Aung Family Statement, Aaron was an "Operations Manager responsible for teams across multiple business divisions with a goal to join the National Guard".

I've not found any listings on LinkedIn or any company site.

Reading between the lines I'm gonna guess he is his dad's gopher working occasionally for the family business. He smacks of an arrogant spoiled boss' son.

The way it was written was inflated, that's my opinion. Have no idea how capable he is - but even if he wasn't, I doubt that family would admit it, MOO.
Oh, I agree that the whole screed was written that way. I was just talking about his professional qualifications which may be good. That makes me wonder if his family might have hooked him up with another contractor/construction company overseas.

I know AA's father is Asian (Burmese, I think?). Do we know about his mother? She may also be, or his father may have met her after he came to the US, so she may or may not be. Doesn't matter, but I am just wondering. Someone with perfect English wrote their statements, imo, but that doesn't mean an American necessarily. It feels like his parents have blinders on when it comes to their son and any possible failings. He must have been into some things that they don't know about and would deny about him, if he was living such a chaotic life with the mother of his child before. Sounds like they were around drugs in their life at least. Not saying that means he had to have been doing them, but he must have at least been around people who do. But I think his parents are unaware of that and probably more.

I wonder if Samara ever questioned for more specifics on what he meant when he said he has "connections". Could he have meant mafia types? Or maybe just ordinary criminal types? Or some Asian people with some kind of power? Wonder, if there was even any truth to that, if that may be who is helping them now.

I know AA's father is Asian (Burmese, I think?). Do we know about his mother? She may also be, or his father may have met her after he came to the US, so she may or may not be. Doesn't matter, but I am just wondering. Someone with perfect English wrote their statements, imo, but that doesn't mean an American necessarily.
Aarons paternal grandfather came to the US from Burma in the early 70s. The family has been here quite some time.

I wonder if Samara ever questioned for more specifics on what he meant when he said he has "connections". Could he have meant mafia types? Or maybe just ordinary criminal types? Or some Asian people with some kind of power? Wonder, if there was even any truth to that, if that may be who is helping them now.
SBM

I think he was talking about people with power and money.

I can’t figure out the endgame here.

this is the question…because it appears they have chosen the scorched earth, no turning back, all or nothing solution.

They actually chose that way from the beginning. In the very first custody arrangement proceedings. They had lawyers. Private investigators. They dug all the dirt they could. And for custody? They proposed to completely cut out the mother, full custody for dad with no visitation rights for mom.

That didn’t work. So next idea?

Abduct your child with a grand sweeping kidnapping plot and subject her to the international fugitive lifestyle?!

Your custody arrangement will almost certainly be much worse for you than the arrangement you had. So only option is never return?

Well maybe that was some terrible impulsive decision-making by young adults? No! The grandparents emerge to verify this thing is totally scorched earth, all or nothing.

The Statement: Those people we have to negotiate custody with for many years to come? They are druggies, rapists, psycho, depressed, addicts, filthy, suicidal, rape victims, evil, etc etc…

Now you plan to face these same people across the negotiating table to amicably work out custody with them? For 15-16 more years? Or only option is to run and never return?

Everything points to an end game of never showing their faces again But Aaron and Nadia don’t seem to have the maturity and fortitude to last a year, even in a remote Burmese mansion with a phalanx of servants. So that means the grandparents are going to disappear soon to complete their multi generational dream family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee