Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm now wondering if Judge Gull would feel it's prudent to schedule that safekeeping hearing and grant a change of (more favorable) custody for RA before this thing is elevated to SCOIN - given the LE/TL mess now divulged that begs rectifying ... A YEAR LATER. oops.

If she doesn't hear it, will SCOIN?
jmho
I almost wish they would bring this to the Supremes again. I don't think it will go the way the D would hope. MHO Then I get rid of my wish thinking of Carrie, Becky, Anna, Kelsi, Derrick and Mike.</3

Agreed but we differ on the need to disrespect the judicial while trying to convey the law. I really do think it makes them sound like petulant children. Again respectfully AJMO
She tried to ruin them on unfounded charges, except for one she sent to whomever to decide on their "ethical misconduct." There likely are some personal feelings going on there.

I don't see the disrespect from the D.

I don't know. How have they disrespected her so badly that it may be against some law?

At least they didn't call her "ding dong".
I've never heard a judge disrespect an atty in such a way.
From my understading, she didn't called them ding dong and that's the problem. She called Nick Mcleland a ding dong but not them. How unfair..

I don't even know where to start with this latest motion.

The judge was making faces at us....

There can't be an end date to trial length because someone might get a flat tire....

The judge set the trial at three weeks. The defense had every opportunity THEN to say they needed more time. And justify why.

Their arguments are hypothetical beyond reason. If the prosecution uses up 8 days, they only get 5. If the State goes long, they won't get to defend RA. That didn't happen. The judge didn't, hasn't, wouldn't allow the state to use up all the days!! But regardless, the defense is IMO misrepresenting the situation. Judges DO schedule trials, based on input from both sides. No objection, she books the courtroom.

It wasn't until the 11th hour that defense suddenly cries fouls, demands more time than the junket can afford.... never mind that she granted them the additional time, just had to relocate it on the calendar. False comparison. Had they gone to trial, had the defense actually run out of time because of legitimate overages, the judge may have had to shuffle cases, put a pause on this case, resuming it. The defense can't KNOW that the judge would have truncated their defense!!! They're assuming that to make their (weak) point

As soon as they asked for more time, she granted it. Even though it was unfair to the State and caused an unfortunate delay to the trial....

To the other issue -- why were they planning to transport a felon to court anyway? Why couldn't he testify remotely, for everyone safety? Interesting that the Defense glosses over the fact that their supposed witness refused transport, presumably refusing to testify.

As to moving him, access to family and to his lawyers, is less critical than preserving his life while in protective custody. RA appears to need a great deal of babysitting, namely 24 hour monitoring and supervision, something only a well staffed prison (both hired staff and originally vetted prisoners) could provide.

I fear that the moment RA has an opportunity and a gap in supervision, he will be at serious risk of self-harm, including suicide. The defense continues to claim that RA is so emotionally compromised he's making false confessions. Are they in any position to judge how emotionally stable he is? How can they be certain he'd remain safe FROM HIMSELF in a less guarded facility?????

What an absolute travesty -- for the law, for RA himself, and for anyone who still loves him and /or simply values him as a human being, regardless of what he's alleged to have done -- if he were to commit suicide because supervision lagged.

The defense aren't doctors. Maybe RA isn't acting out or devolving because of conditions where he's at but because his mental health AND a residual ounce of conscience is eating away at him. Perhaps he doesn't need freedom from protective custody as much as freedom to unburden himself. The truth shall set you free, even in protective custody.

IMO the Defense is not defending him well if he seeks to confess. They should instead, if that's the case, represent as best they can, help present him in the most favorable way...

It has to be noted, that for all their claims of his supposed emotional collapse -- due to conditions, including Odinite guards -- they have not called for a mental health evaluation. Seems like Stsp 1, if they truly believe what they are saying. I don't Halen to think they do, believe what they are saying.

And finally, ding dong.

That was a sitcom exchange. A Who's On First comedy routine. And the defense still doesn't see how dumb it was. Let me re-write it, for clarity:

D: can we have a short recess?
J: why?
D: need a potty break

Here, the judge had to exercise her role as keeper of the time. It was butting up against the lunch hour. Mentally she's calculating for the jury whether that's the best time to break and to break for how long.

J: how long will you need? (Meaning, for this next portion, who do you still have for witnesses and NOT do you need enough time to go #1 or #2? Sheesh!)

D: well, it'll just be quick because (#1)

J: no, ding dong, (I'm not asking about your bowel/bladder habits but it's nice you just shared that with everyone), I'm just trying to determine whether I call for lunch now or wait until after your return from the brief recess and finish with this witness...

IMO the attorney must have REALLY had to go, so much so, it was all he could think of! So he jumped the gun thinking she was thinking of it too.

And how this differs from her EASY exchange with the State's request at a different time for a quick recess:

1. No one was doing a silent potty dance

And 2. The State probably wasn't asking for their recess right up against a logical break point like lunch.

Sorry for being wordy but I'm trying to distill 21 pages of over-wordiness.

JMO
Omg. I just skimmed through the new document. I thought you were joking about the bathroom break. Nope. No joke. It’s in that document.

It’s nuts. They are like bratty kids.
No fair! Judge Gull likes the prosecution better! I’m telling SCOIN (or mommy).

You can’t make this stuff up.

jmo

Calling the judge as witness? (AT first I thought maybe they were threatening to call her to examine her Facebook like to a children's ball win or whatever it was). No, over whether LE lied about her saying the incarcerated felon didn't need to be dragged to court.

Notice, once again, we're in the land of make-believe, the defense saying she MUST recuse because they MIGHT call her to testify.

Then call her to testify.

See, I don't think they want to. I don't think they want to pick that bone. They just want to pressure her into recusing.

Disingenuous at best. I call their bluff.

JMO

Well, one of them is lying. Either Judge Gull or Tobe Leazenby.

IMO MOO

This is the WNDU 16 video of the Feb press conference with DD on stage.
A large pic of BG is down in front of the stage.
DD apparently didn't remember talking to that little short guy just a week before.

I don't think he'll make a good witness.
He didn't get the name right, didn't get the address right, didn't know where his recording disappeared to, didn't recognize the short guy who admitted to being on the bridge.
Interesting watching that again now that we know that even at that point LE probably had their lead to follow, but just wouldn't do it for 5 years.

Also forgot how very male the dream team is.

So I'm now wondering if Judge Gull would feel it's prudent to schedule that safekeeping hearing and grant a change of (more favorable) custody for RA before this thing is elevated to SCOIN - given the LE/TL mess now divulged that begs rectifying ... A YEAR LATER. oops.

If she doesn't hear it, will SCOIN?
jmho

Yep. I think she thinks that the defense team is just going to get tired of fighting her bias and just give up. It's not gonna happen. She needs to follow the law and make sure others (McLeland, Leazenby) do too! She needs to recuse herself. And Leazenby needs to explain his lies (or hers, if that's the case, but my money's on him).

IMO MOO

It’s a farce. An absolute slap in the face to everyone who worked years on the investigation, to the judicial system, to the families and all who loved Libby and Abby.

jmo

Some of it is, but much of it isn't. She's not handling this case well at all. Why won't she just hold Nick McLeland accountable for accessing the ex-parte documents? Why won't she hold Tobe Leazenby accountable for lying about what SHE said? She behaves like if she just ignores things they will go away, and the defense isn't having it.

IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member