GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this article, Stein’s friend, Jason, says Stein was at his Surry Hills unit for “days” before being arrested.

“The close friend of Justin Stein who housed the accused murderer for days before police arrested him after allegedly killing Charlise Mutten said Stein was 'relaxed' and 'unconcerned' and just 'basically ate and slept'.

Jason Tucker, 45, said Stein couch surfed in his Surry Hills apartment in a Housing Department complex, a putrid-smelling, cockroach-infested block of 20 flats which is strewn with furniture and where residents display threatening behaviour and weird signs adorn their doors.

When Daily Mail Australia spoke exclusively with Mr Tucker, he said that Stein had not seemed stressed and just wanted to stay for a few days.”

Look at Tucker's scab-covered arms in those photos. Gotta be a meth addict (tweaker). His mention of Stein just wanting to sleep sounds to me like the effects of a meth comedown period.

IMO, Tucker's and Stein's common interest would be meth.

Maybe Stein only stayed at Surry Hills for 2 days? This article says he stayed at Mt Wilson on maybe the 14th (being questioned at Police station) and 15th and 16th January. Stein was arrested on the 18th January at Surry Hills, at 8.30pm.

Jane Hutt, a neighbour of the Stein’s Mount Wilson property, told the court Mr Stein and his mother had stayed at their property on January 15, 2022.

Charlise was reported missing the day before, with Mr Stein spending many hours at Penrith Police Station where he undertook two police interviews and was forensically examined, the jury was told.

Mrs Hutt had travelled with Mr Stein’s mother, Annemie Stein, to pick him up from the police station before he was brought back to the neighbouring property.

The following morning, the jury was told SES officers, members from the RFS and police were searching both properties, which caused Mrs Hutt to become agitated and ask Mr Stein where he thought the girl was.”

Maybe Stein only stayed at Surry Hills for 2 days? This article says he stayed at Mt Wilson on maybe the 14th (being questioned at Police station) and 15th and 16th January. Stein was arrested on the 18th January at Surry Hills, at 8.30pm.

Jane Hutt, a neighbour of the Stein’s Mount Wilson property, told the court Mr Stein and his mother had stayed at their property on January 15, 2022.

Charlise was reported missing the day before, with Mr Stein spending many hours at Penrith Police Station where he undertook two police interviews and was forensically examined, the jury was told.

Mrs Hutt had travelled with Mr Stein’s mother, Annemie Stein, to pick him up from the police station before he was brought back to the neighbouring property.

The following morning, the jury was told SES officers, members from the RFS and police were searching both properties, which caused Mrs Hutt to become agitated and ask Mr Stein where he thought the girl was.”

It doesn't really say where he was on the 14th - other than Penrith police station, 1½ hours away.
It does say his mum was at Wildenstein on the 14th, as she went to her neighbour's place and said "I need a drink".

Kallista had called the police at 8:20am on the 14th. I wonder when he called his mum, and from where.

I only wonder because I have never seen a photo of him at Wildenstein when the police were there on the 14th. But I have seen photos of Kallista there with the police. I think it is possible that he left Kallista there to face the music alone.

imo

ETA: I guess he would have stayed at Wildenstein on the night of the 14th, if the neighbour and his mum picked him up from the police station, as the article states.

Last edited:
In this article, Stein’s friend, Jason, says Stein was at his Surry Hills unit for “days” before being arrested.

“The close friend of Justin Stein who housed the accused murderer for days before police arrested him after allegedly killing Charlise Mutten said Stein was 'relaxed' and 'unconcerned' and just 'basically ate and slept'.

Jason Tucker, 45, said Stein couch surfed in his Surry Hills apartment in a Housing Department complex, a putrid-smelling, cockroach-infested block of 20 flats which is strewn with furniture and where residents display threatening behaviour and weird signs adorn their doors.

When Daily Mail Australia spoke exclusively with Mr Tucker, he said that Stein had not seemed stressed and just wanted to stay for a few days.”
Typical disgusting Daily Fail journalism...their description of the Housing Department flats as putrid-smelling, cockroach-infested etc is calculated to evoke a particular image in the minds of the readers and make a judgement about "the type of people" who live there. Because they are Dept of Housing apartments, the Daily Fail can't use their usual tactic of describing how much the property is worth.

There are many reasons why some people can only afford to live in public housing, and there are many good and decent people who live in these places. Whatever the faults of JS and his associates, to demonize the entire apartment block like this (and by association, all public housing tenants) is gutter journalism.

I'd like to thank those members who went to court occasionally during the case, and talked about their experiences.

I'm very close to Penrith, I've been in the courthouse at least once. Before I had COVID, I may have actually gone to some of the trial myself, because it was so close. But I don't have the physical reserves these days.

I'm glad at least one of us was there for CM, to see justice in action.

Now, the wait for sentencing in August! It's going to be tricky for me to stick to sub judice for a couple more months!

MOSo

Jury finds Justin Stein guilty of murder of schoolgirl Charlise Mutten​

After five and a half days, a jury has found Justin Stein killed schoolgirl Charlise Mutten, who had hoped he would become her stepfather.

The jury had been deliberating since Thursday, June 6, though they did miss two days of jury deliberation last week due to the public holiday and juror illness.

After the jury foreperson announced the guilty verdict to the court, Justice Helen Wilson formally convicted Mr Stein.

Stein will now face a sentence hearing on August 23, when the little girl’s family and loved ones will be able to provide a victim impact statements.

What are they thinking having a video with other kids in it! :mad:

I wonder if there's a path back for Kallista, to her parents. Perhaps her eyes have been opened.... to how far afield she was, to how extraordinary her parents were to stand in the gap and love Charlise for her, at a time when she was just plain unable to.

Maybe for the first time in her life, too little too late but still better than never, take responsibility for the consequences of all of her choices, the grave harm done, and find a way to honor the lives lost...

Time to be the person Charlise wanted her to be.

JMO

Beautiful Charlise. You were so alone on the night you passed away. If only you knew the love that surrounded you in the days, months and years following the tragedy from strangers around Australia. Today justice has been served sweet girl. May you rest in peace.

What a relief to have this outcome!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back