Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
Did he indeed? Returned to the places, his victims were disposed, and actively watched their declining condition? I can imagine him doing that.
I cam imagine him doing that, too. I suspect he may have taken long drives down Ocean Parkway, past the victims, reliving his "play time".

Since the GB4 were enclosed, and since they were all off the roadway, I have my doubts RH would have opened the bags to look at the decay. It would have increased the potential for adding DNA, hairs in particular, to the scene.

Check this out.

4 Days ago.
·
1f6a8.png
LIVE TODAY on LI News Radio
️
:
Join us as we dive deep into the Gilgo Beach murder case with Chief Assistant District Attorney Allen Bode. We're unraveling new developments, discussing international attention, and examining the latest forensic breakthroughs!
Don't miss this crucial conversation about one of Suffolk County's most notorious cases. Tune in and call/text for comments or questions - 631.451.1039 or click the live link at LINewsRadio.com
️‍♂️
1f50d.png

448394764_477127924813088_6120985934518354627_n.jpg
Regarding the RH LISK / GILGO case and a supposed ADA radio interview on it, I hope this individual is aware of the happenings in the Suzanne Morphew case in CO with the DA Stanley IIRC out there. IMO…… saying less is more, and why wouldn’t there be a press conference instead? I hope many answers are along the lines of….. ‘by virtue of an ongoing and impending investigation I am not able to comment on that at the moment’. MOO

So, Macedonio basically owes his ability to practice law to Spota. Spota is a key player in the systemic, institutionalized corruption in SC.

And with that origin story, Macedonio appeared like magic to start saying unkind things about both the investigation and Asa herself, whom he theoretically represented. ("She has to focus on her mental heath." Don't we all have to? But an announcement like that sounded to me like he was gaslighting her rather than representing her.)

Macedonio is theoretically representing Asa, but spends air time defending Rex and bashing John Ray. Note that the person who assembled the task force and oversaw its most productive months embraced John Ray's information and encouraged witnesses unwilling or unable to approach LE to approach John Ray.

One minor but irksome thing Macedonio said on Court TV was that the task force was assembled by Tierney. No, it was not! It was assembled by Commissioner Rodney Harrison. There was some tension between them, but in my opinion, Rodney Harrison's leadership highlighted all the best in Tierney. The kind words that I have for Tierney are because of Rodney Harrison. Rodney Harrison had a "no egos" rule which Macedonio violated.

The person who was most instrumental in identifying a suspect [Rex] to surveil and ultimately arrest was a State Trooper. Without Rodney Harrison's leadership, Tierney would not have had access to talent from agencies outside of Suffolk County.

IMO, Macedonio is trying to interfere with the investigation into LISK.

MOO
After your first post about Macedonia’s pro RH comments on Court TV, I went back and did the research on his disbarment. It seems, in December 2008, he pleaded guilty to felony possession of cocaine -after Spota had been wiretapping him re: bribery. The date of his arrest (raid 1/23/2008) for cocaine. In December of 2008 he is officially disbarred. In 2012, he is reinstated to the bar.
The interesting part of all of this is why did Spota target Macedonia in early 2008 and then, in 2012, assist in his reduced charge which led to his reinstatement. Was this an example of the classic carrot and the stick? How did it benefit Spota who by 2012 was in the midst of “solving” the Gilgo Beach Murders, assisting in the promotion of “Jimmy” Burke to head up the SC police and Burke’s ultimate interference in allowing State and Federal assistance on the case?

Last edited:
Pure speculation looking at the roadways he notes in the document: The pick up area is probably where he picks up SWs at their hotels, Patchogue and Hauppauge are mentioned in association the “recon” surveillance roadways he notes. These roadways cover areas I’ve seen mentioned in association with some of these cases. Megan Waterman, 22, from Maine was seen alive for the last time at the Hotel Inn Express in Hauppauge, New York. New York State Route 111 (NYS-11) runs into Hauppauge.

Southern State Parkway runs right through Hempstead Lake State Park, where they found Peaches. It starts in Queens, where Sandra Costilla had an address. It stretches into Oyster Bay and Babylon, where he picked up Amber.
495/Long Island Expressway cuts through very close to Islandia, where Colleen McNamee (Bittrolff) was last seen at a diner. Rt 112 has its terminus in Patchogue. Patchogue isn’t far from the Sayville Motor Lodge (JR witness/Shannan Gilbert). Sayville Motor Lodge was eventually closed down because of drug trafficking and prostitution.

I wanted to see if the roadways noted would have mattered in terms of Karen Vergata. I looked up to see where Karen Vergata was living up to the time of her murder, and I’m seeing W. 45th St., Hell’s Kitchen. KV was murdered in 1996. W. 45th St. in NYC/Hell’s Kitchen had a number of burlesk clubs since it was quite close to Times Square, which was a very different Times Square at the time. Cottingham used to frequent Times Square. The area underwent change in 1998 when Giuliani closed down the clubs. I don’t think the roadways would be much of a factor, but this location specifically with W. 45th/Hell’s Kitchen may at that time have been frequented by RH.

Why’s RH hitting to “take down” if he’s using the house? If he can get the victims into the house (which a victim is probably not going to find on its face suspicious), drugging would be a much better option if he’s concerned about noise. If he’s hitting to “take down,” my guess is they’re not going to the house. They’re going to some secluded area in the woods and when the time comes to actually get out of the vehicle, the SW is going to know this is big trouble and not a regular job. So it’s out in a secluded area, and RH now feels comfortable striking the victim there. Screaming at that stage probably won’t help the victim, but RH doesn’t want it occurring regardless. Pure speculation. Not saying he "never" killed in that home, but I definitely don't think he routinely did, or that he always did. If he is murdering the victims in the house, he knows someone outside may see that person go in, watch, and never see the person come out. It doesn't seem like this would be a good option for RH.
Haven't we wondered why Megan Waterman changed hotels? Now from his planning docu, I suspect it was because the first one was unacceptable as a pick-up location because of cameras. My guess is that RH directed her to another hotel with fewer/no security cams. As for hitting harder, perhaps he did go to a secluded location, then knock the SWs out. That would be necessary to bind them and put them either in the back of the pickup or in the floorboard on the passenger side. He could keep an eye on them here. But with the locked bed on the Avalanche, even if a victim came to during the drive, she could not get out, nor would she have been seen when he pulled into his driveway and into the garage. In my opinion, getting the women into the house was not a problem as they were out-of-sight in the vehicle and he drove into the garage, put the door down and unloaded them. Perhaps they were bagged or wrapped in plastic for transport through the house so they would not leave DNA.

Just trying to imagine scenarios here. Complete speculation, of course.

Last edited:
I cam imagine him doing that, too. I suspect he may have taken long drives down Ocean Parkway, past the victims, reliving his "play time".

Since the GB4 were enclosed, and since they were all off the roadway, I have my doubts RH would have opened the bags to look at the decay. It would have increased the potential for adding DNA, hairs in particular, to the scene.
Wondering if he used a trail cam to watch the bodies and keep an eye out for any potential threats of discovery? speculation, imo.
Thinking of it now, when the remains were found by LE long before anyone knew who allegedly put them there, how did it affect RH?

No, it was not! It was assembled by Commissioner Rodney Harrison.
So true and we need to keep repeating it. Why is Macedonio trying to revise the history of this case?

Ted Bundy used to return to his victims dump sites. It's very likely some of the reported sightings of his truck on Ocean Parkway at night were actually him. JMO

These days, most judges don't make a change of venue decision until after they've begun jury selection. If it looks like they can't recruit a sufficient number of objective jurors, they consider change of venue. So defense usually raises a racket about change of venue in the pre-trial phase, but most judges don't make a pre-emptive decision on that.
Yes and John Bittrolf's jury was deadlocked for days which is proof that in a local high profile case a jury had used discretion.

I agree with everything...
I had made a post about it on the presumed call that RH had made to JZ and RM authors of "the killing season" during filming to mislead them.. still wondering how he did it with no one who reasoned with me :(
We have been told by LE in press conferences and the documents supplied by LE with the charges that RH kept an eye on them and the investigation. It makes perfect sense to me that he was also keeping an eye on the movie being made. He seems to have had "burner phones" so would have felt safe disguising his voice and calling in a Miss-leading tip, I would think.

In 2018, RH gave testimony in a vehicular related lawsuit where he was the plaintiff. He discussed his "handedness" (left v right) at that time. I've had this testimony in mind whenever someone raises this issue. I'm going to try to paste it right in here with the link.

On p79, the questioner asks RH if he is right-handed or left-handed.
A. Left.
Q. So do you write with your left hand?
A. Yes.
Q. Do you play any sports?
A. Really only thing I competed in was competition rifle.
Q. If you were to throw a baseball, what hand would you use?
A. Actually, my right. It's the only thing I do right-handed.
Q. Did you ever bowl in your life?
A. At some point, I remember being on a bowling alley--I have not been on a bowling alley in, probably, twenty/20 something years.
Q. If you were to bowl, throw a bowling ball, which arm would you use?
A. Anything that I throw, I do right-handed.
Q. If you were to swing a bat or a golf club, would you do that right-handed or left-handed?
A. Last time I swung a golf club or a bat, again, would be twenty-something years ago; would be right-handed.
Q. I assume when you say you write with your left hand, are you claiming to be left-handed or right-handed?
A. I am left-handed.
Q. What else would you do left-handed?
A. Pretty much almost anything else. Swing a hammer is left-handed. The use of any carpentry tools is left-handed. If I was to throw a baseball or a dart, that would be right-handed.
Q. When you eat--
A. Left.
Q. ~--do you cut your meat with your right hand and hold the fork in the left hand and then feed yourself with your left hand --
A. I use --
Q. ~--or do you switch?
A. I have been known to switch. The majority of the time my fork is in the left hand.
Q. Okay, but when you're cutting meat, right-handed people cut their meat, they put their knife down. They put their fork in their right hand and they eat. That's what righties do. Lefties -- which I am --cut their meat and feed themselves with their left hand. Do you know what you do?
A. I feed myself with my left hand.

Evidently, this is a really complicated issue for RH.
Perhaps, when he was driving a woman somewhere, suddenly and without warning he used his big hammy right hand to throw a punch into the side of her head to knock her out to be transferred either into the house (if he pushed victims down into the floor boards) or to the back of the pickup where they were locked up. With the design of the Avalanche allowing the driver to see into the truck bed, he could keep an eye on them. Again, if they were out-of-sight in the truck, he simply had to pull into his garage and put the door down before unloading them into the house.

Perhaps, when he was driving a woman somewhere, suddenly and without warning he used his big hammy right hand to throw a punch into the side of her head to knock her out to be transferred either into the house (if he pushed victims down into the floor boards) or to the back of the pickup where they were locked up. With the design of the Avalanche allowing the driver to see into the truck bed, he could keep an eye on them. Again, if they were out-of-sight in the truck, he simply had to pull into his garage and put the door down before unloading them into the house.
This is an older house, looks like it was built in the 1970s or mid to late 60s. I’ve wondered if the older homes had those interior doors from the inside of the garage. If this house had that type of door, then yes the garage would have given him the coverage needed to get someone in and out of the house with no one the wiser. Does anyone still have the blueprints for those original house designs?

We have been told by LE in press conferences and the documents supplied by LE with the charges that RH kept an eye on them and the investigation. It makes perfect sense to me that he was also keeping an eye on the movie being made. He seems to have had "burner phones" so would have felt safe disguising his voice and calling in a Miss-leading tip, I would think.
yes yes true, but I think...
if they came to make a documentary in my city I wouldn't necessarily know about it since I don't think they sponsor the filming of a documentary especially if they were investigating something, so I wonder how rh could have found out about it while also finding direct contact with the producers?!
a tip from someone they had already gone to interview?
I don't know, maybe it's nothing but this makes me think...

Is it known if he parked in the garage? It seems so small and with them being hoarders, I suspect it's packed full of stuff. His truck and jeep are not small either. There are photos of his vehicles parked on the street and driveway, and neighbors have reported the same. I do wonder how he got women into his home, unseen and unheard by the neighbors.
MOO.

yes yes true, but I think...
if they came to make a documentary in my city I wouldn't necessarily know about it since I don't think they sponsor the filming of a documentary especially if they were investigating something, so I wonder how rh could have found out about it while also finding direct contact with the producers?!
a tip from someone they had already gone to interview?
I don't know, maybe it's nothing but this makes me think...
Frankly, I don't follow the local newspaper and local TV only slightly. Is local news as important to you as it may have been to RH?

Are there any local scenes in the movie? I haven't seen it.

I have watched a Starz docu in which they examine questionable convictions, but no locals are used only local scenery as they drive through.

I'm thinking that a real movie, featuring either restaurant or street scenes may have required the use of "extras". "Extras" are often advertised for in local classifieds. Plus, movies being made are often the subject of local newspaper stories. Since it's NYC area, it may be too common place for a newspaper to even care. However, for traffic purposes, if a street is being shut down for filming, wouldn't it be noted on local news as in avoid this area?

Last edited:
Is it known if he parked in the garage? It seems so small and with them being hoarders, I suspect it's packed full of stuff. His truck and jeep are not small either. There are photos of his vehicles parked on the street and driveway, and neighbors have reported the same. I do wonder how he got women into his home, unseen and unheard by the neighbors.
MOO.

Nikkie Brass, who "dated" Heuermann in 2015

In this case, he asked her to go to his home. When she refused he offered to drive this woman to her home after talking about the LI serial killer. I have a feeling he changed things around over the years.

He showed her a white envelope with the implication it had money in it. He probably offered these women a lot of money to go to either his house or, in this case, theirs.

Last edited:

Nikkie Brass, who "dated" Heuermann in 2015

In this case, he had offered to drive this woman to her home after talking about the LI serial killer. I have a feeling he changed things around over the years.

He showed her a white envelope with the implication it had money in it. He probably offered these women a lot of money to go to either his house or, in this case, theirs.
I had thought RH offered to drive Nikki Brass to HIS home? Or did he offer to drive her to HER home? I was wondering how he got them INSIDE his home, if he indeed took them to his home, without being noticed by anyone. He could have parked in that small garage I suppose, but I don't think it would have a door entering the house. Maybe there was a door from the garage to the back yard, where he could then access that entranceway to the basement. He saw so many SW's. How many did I take back to his place I wonder. Maybe only the ones he wanted to torture.
MOO.

These days, most judges don't make a change of venue decision until after they've begun jury selection. If it looks like they can't recruit a sufficient number of objective jurors, they consider change of venue. So defense usually raises a racket about change of venue in the pre-trial phase, but most judges don't make a pre-emptive decision on that.
This is incorrect, change of venue motions are required to be filed well before the trial date. Objections have to be filed on a deadline, and the judge has a set number of days to give a decision. Change of venue decisions are a response to a motion and the supporting documentation, not filing "timely" will result in a denial.

I had thought RH offered to drive Nikki Brass to HIS home? Or did he offer to drive her to HER home? I was wondering how he got them INSIDE his home, if he indeed took them to his home, without being noticed by anyone. He could have parked in that small garage I suppose, but I don't think it would have a door entering the house. Maybe there was a door from the garage to the back yard, where he could then access that entranceway to the basement. He saw so many SW's. How many did I take back to his place I wonder. Maybe only the ones he wanted to torture.
MOO.
He offered to drive her to his home first. When she refused, he offered to drive her to her home.

This is incorrect, change of venue motions are required to be filed well before the trial date. Objections have to be filed on a deadline, and the judge has a set number of days to give a decision. Change of venue decisions are a response to a motion and the supporting documentation, not filing "timely" will result in a denial.

Yes, the defense may be required to file the motion before the trial date. In many cases I've followed lately, judges defer that decision until after they've tried jury selection and failed to seat an unbiased jury.

Check the pre-trial activities for Richard Allen - Delphi, IN Murders and George Wagner iv - Rhoden Family Massacre

I'm offering a little pre-trial insight. In so many cases, when defense files this kind of motion, everyone gets riled up and we have days and weeks of discussions about unfair trials, etc. It's just a defense tactic. Then the judge makes the ruling. I suppose I should go back to my old habit of not following trials until they've actually begun, haha.

MOO.
No, I don't think we know he parked in the garage. I believe it's been said he was always sawing in the garage, so perhaps that was used as a workshop. Since he made notes to prep the room with plastic and push pins, it doesn't stretch my imagination to think he'd clean out enough space to use the garage.

I don't remember the garage being mention in his prep document, so maybe not.

However, if re-arranging the garage would have been too much work, the photos of his house offer suggestions of how the neighbors would not have seen him: on the left is a tall, thick hedge. There is a fence along the back with lush and tall growth on the garage end of the house in case victims were carried from the truck into the back of the house. The white privacy fence on the right of the house looks fairly new, so may not have been there in 10-15 years ago.

To me, the garage is a simple explanation. Even if there was not a door from garage into the house, the plantings around the house would have hidden him from the neighbors' sight. I think the victims were likely gagged before he moved them into the house. I wonder if they were also wrapped to prevent them losing hair or other DNA into the home environment?

P.S. Unfortunately the photo of the right side of the house is saving as something called a JFIL -- even though I'm trying for jpeg. So I can't show that side.

Attachments

• Heuerman back yard.jpg
    Heuerman back yard.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Hedge heuermann house.jpg
    Hedge heuermann house.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online