Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. But neither is an 11 hour walk very rational either.
I haven’t taken drugs since the early 90’s but with some drugs you think you are invincible, while I don’t think it would be appropriate to speculate what substances he took I would not be surprised if he thought in his state that such a journey would be piss easy

Jay was last heard from on Monday morning when he told a friend he planned to walk back from near Masca to his accommodation at Playa de las Americas after missing a bus. “That would take him more than a day,” confirmed the worker, who did not wish to give her name. “If he was walking from Masca I guess he was walking on the road,” she added. “There’s no trails that take you from Santiago de Teide [the first town on the way to Playa de las Americas] so you would have to walk on the road.”
He seems confident enough in himself to walk along the road and attempt to hitchhike. Even if he was unsuccessful people would have come forward after seeing him I’m sure- it’s a relatively busy road. With the lack of any CCTV and what I believe maybe a white lie (due to the ever increasing variation on quotes) about the original phone call to get the police to take notice (they are young and I can see this genuinely happening not for any bad reason) IMO he could as easily be at the side of the road, or been picked up and mugged as lost on a rural footpath. Originally he was (and I paraphrase) lost and could see only green, now it’s just in the middle of nowhere- if’s quite possible to be on a main rural road and feel in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone think its odd that the two guys ( if its true ) have already left the air bnb and flown home - rather than staying behind to help?

I know if I was the last person to see someone and potentially involved - I would 100% be staying to help and offer everything I could.
Perhaps they have to get back to their jobs.

Anyone think its odd that the two guys ( if its true ) have already left the air bnb and flown home - rather than staying behind to help?

I know if I was the last person to see someone and potentially involved - I would 100% be staying to help and offer everything I could.

Yup, reminds me of the Scottish woman on a hen doo weekend who fell to her death from the guys apartment in Benidorm. Flew home the first chance they got.

But - they could have work commitments to get back to, families even and maybe that was there scheduled flight home.

I haven’t taken drugs since the early 90’s but with some drugs you think you are invincible, while I don’t think it would be appropriate to speculate what substances he took I would not be surprised if he thought in his state that such a journey would be piss easy
There’s feeling invincible whilst on drugs and making dumb choices due to it and making rational choices and then going off on a tangent though. Nothing he did prior to 8.50 from several witnesses seems erratic- going for cigarettes, asking neighbours about the bus, phoning a friend.

Yeah, I know what you mean minus the drugs. To quote Travis Tritt, I feel Ten Feet Tall and bulletproof after a drink.

They are not suspects, they have provided all the information they can, they never saw him after he left their apartment, the search is being conducted by police, I don’t see what purpose there is keeping them on the island

I have experience of Spanish police and I would be keen to get home too if I was innocently caught up in something like this, unfortunately my experiences weren’t good.

Also does anyone know how soon his mum got the threatening snapchats? It’s sounds like it was quite soon after he went missing but not sure on exact timing.

They are not suspects, they have provided all the information they can, they never saw him after he left their apartment, the search is being conducted by police, I don’t see what purpose there is keeping them on the island

I do agree, they only met the lad the night before and so really had no loyalty to him. For all we know Jay may have been annoying and they were glad to see the back of him when he left for that bus. You just do not know.

Yup, reminds me of the Scottish woman on a hen doo weekend who fell to her death from the guys apartment in Benidorm. Flew home the first chance they got.

But - they could have work commitments to get back to, families even and maybe that was there scheduled flight home.
I wonder if they were on the same flights as Jay was on, probably not as they had cockney accents- but they may have met several times over the weekend, at the airport in Tenerife a week before and then 3 days of partying in the same places. I don’t think they were involved, I think they just met him and didn’t really care that much when they wanted to crash for the day before heading home. They possibly also have a guilt complex now. IMO he did leave, as everyone was off to bed and he wanted his own bed, but they have no certainty about where to search for him after he left.

There’s feeling invincible whilst on drugs and making dumb choices due to it and making rational choices and then going off on a tangent though. Nothing he did prior to 8.50 from several witnesses seems erratic- going for cigarettes, asking neighbours about the bus, phoning a friend.
I had a wild night in London in 1991 high on cocaine and LSD, we went onto the Hippodrome, my mates had to pull me away for my own safety, they said because I challenged multiple world champion bare knuckle boxer Lenny McLean to a fight, he was head doorman at the time, drugs make people think they can take on the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne