Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think its odd that the two guys ( if its true ) have already left the air bnb and flown home - rather than staying behind to help?

I know if I was the last person to see someone and potentially involved - I would 100% be staying to help and offer everything I could.
Honestly - and not to be cold-hearted - but I don't find it odd. They likely have jobs that they cannot be away from for extended time without getting fired and might have other obligations too. And, they might not have money to extend their stay in a foreign country.

As far as we know, they are not suspects and they have cooperated with authorities. I'm sure they feel horrible but I don't find fault with them for returning home.

jmo

There’s feeling invincible whilst on drugs and making dumb choices due to it and making rational choices and then going off on a tangent though. Nothing he did prior to 8.50 from several witnesses seems erratic- going for cigarettes, asking neighbours about the bus, phoning a friend.
Bbm.

The only media outlet quoting that he went for cigarettes is The Sun. They are very notorious in the UK for pure outright lying. Sky News said he went outside the bnb for a cigarette before he set off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240620_184727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240620_184727_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 36
I have experience of Spanish police and I would be keen to get home too if I was innocently caught up in something like this, unfortunately my experiences weren’t good.

Also does anyone know how soon his mum got the threatening snapchats? It’s sounds like it was quite soon after he went missing but not sure on exact timing.
I am not completely sure,but I think it was when she first landed in Tenerife.

I have experience of Spanish police and I would be keen to get home too if I was innocently caught up in something like this, unfortunately my experiences weren’t good.

Also does anyone know how soon his mum got the threatening snapchats? It’s sounds like it was quite soon after he went missing but not sure on exact timing.
That makes sense actually. I can see why they returned. I would hope they are cooperating with british police - which we cannot know if they are, or not.

"I got a Snapchat about 10 minutes after I got off the plane saying 'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you’re never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money

"I got a Snapchat about 10 minutes after I got off the plane saying 'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you’re never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money

What does she mean by “got off the plane” where was she before?

I've just been getting familiar with the maps around where Jay went missing and it really is unfortunate as it doesn't seem as isolated as i'd initially thought with plenty airbnbs in the area, buses, hikers, even a shop?! I feel he COULD have gotten help.
The Airbnb he was at doesn't appear to have any reviews as yet and is a new listing. Not that this makes any difference, it just may have been insightful to know a little from previous renters about the last plave he was known to have been.
I worry about motivation from Spanish police on the island given the bad wrap it could be getting, we've seen this before with places having a criminal underbelly.
I hope Jay is found safe and well but I worry he has looked at his location on maps, figured getting to coastal parts would lead him to civilisation quicker thus gone off road :(

Last edited:
Bbm.

The only media outlet quoting that he went for cigarettes is The Sun. They are very notorious in the UK for pure outright lying. Sky News said he went outside the bnb for a cigarette before he set off.

The only press not saying it is sky, no one has said he managed to buy cigarettes just that he went out to get some and came back- what we do know is nowhere was open for another hour, which may have been a trigger for him to want to get back to a more built up area and leave the property.

New to the forum after stumbling upon it by sheer chance. <modsnip: referenced post was removed> I've a vested interest in the case as myself, wife and daughter are visiting Costa Adeje next week and I was planning a hike in the very area Jay has went missing. Alone I may add though depending how this pans out that may not be wise. I appreciate it's never wise a 46 year old going it alone but i do have years of experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv been thinking about how he got so far from the house from his Snapchat (around 7.50 I believe?) to calling Lucy at 8.30, to his last ping at 8.50 which was a two hour walk from the house. I think he’s gotten into a car after speaking with Lucy and as it’s driven that way on his battery finally died. It’s the only thing that explains it to me. JMO

I have been wondering if there was a reason that Jay couldn’t return to the apartment, and why he didn’t walk back on a road. It’s almost like he didn’t want to be spotted. JMO
I think his friend Lucy said that by the time he called her he already didn't know the way back to the apartment.

I do find it odd if he didn't just take roads. Unless they snaked a bit and he thought he could cut time by crossing the landscape to where the road was on the other side of a curve?
Iv been thinking about how he got so far from the house from his Snapchat (around 7.50 I believe?) to calling Lucy at 8.30, to his last ping at 8.50 which was a two hour walk from the house. I think he’s gotten into a car after speaking with Lucy and as it’s driven that way on his battery finally died. It’s the only thing that explains it to me. JMO
I don't know how these ping pins work. Can we be sure the pin was in the right location?

"I got a Snapchat about 10 minutes after I got off the plane saying 'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you’re never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money'"
In regards to the Snapchat messages his mum received and how they got her U/N or number; her phone number was put on missing posters shared quite early on.

I've seen several posters with hers, Lucys and Brads number on shared on multiple platforms.

Once you have the phone number of someone with a SC account you can find them simply by saving it to your contacts, and vice versa - if someone has your number saved in their contacts you can see on SC and it will say "has you saved in their contacts" next to their UN.

I did write a post earlier with links to all the various posters, there were about 6 or 7, but my PC crashed before I sent it and now I haven't the energy to go hunting again. There are loads on socials though, all with her number on.

Just a thought, JS may have started walking along the road or path, but needed a wee and went into some bushes for privacy. Not sure how he would have got lost from this simple action, but maybe he spotted a different way forward (maybe a house etc) and it sent him in a wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member