Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IF JS was unaware that Maddie was murdered, SS may have been running interference Sunday night and Monday morning.

Knowing he left Maddie's phone at home, he might have realized that that was a bad loose end and returned to the house, not for the clicker (ridiculous), but to delete messages from Maddie's phone. But, in doing so, JS awakened so he made up a reason to be there, to walk the dog and that's when JS hears people in the kitchen (the roommates), none of them would necessarily have known JS already left once....

This would explain why he came back, why it couldn't wait, and why it took him more than a minute--

If JS deleted messages on Maddie's phone, why would she volunteer that she looked through deleted messages? IMO someone else deleted them. And I don't think it was Maddie. It smells of JS.

I feel like JS was working hard to minimize SS's presence in her/their lives because no one wanted him in Maddie's life (MOO). Her deception was to cover for that.

Pretty significant lie if SS arrived on Saturday or Sunday morning or even a week prior.

She had to be in some serious deep headspace denial -- active denial, intentional denial for all of what happened to MS to happen under her roof.

Will that add up to charges?

Jmo

I think that SS was a very ugly part of MS's forced nighttime routine. But he made it OK because he said nice things, complimented her singing. Right on line with the justifications pedophiles make. Nothing but love.

Yeah, no. Nothing but CRIME.

I think he assaulted her again around 4 am, with deadly results.

Carried her to the Lincoln right away. Went back in, cleaned whatever needed cleaning, probably sat down and took a short nap after eating whatever would have been MS's breakfast. Hello, pastry.

At 7ish, he took out the trash (containing her croc, laptop and backpack which he may have had to sneak put of JS's room in the dark, ergo missed a croc). Left with MS, not sure of his plan, then realized left something incriminating at the house so he doubled back. Woke JS up, probably by accident. Left again.

At 9:40, he moved her to the trunk. Limp. No rigor. Fits with 4 am.

Then left her in the trunk for at least, what, 5+ hours. Still no cadaverine probably but maybe the heat sped up rigor, accounting for the fetal position her body was found in. Trunk shaped.

If he left her body after 2 pm, that's 10 hours from 4 am, maybe still too early for cadaverine. IMO is likely he picked it up when he went for the middle of the night drive in JS's car, returning to the site of her body. That's when cadaverine was transfered to the tire well. Maybe he stood up against it.

It's all just do awful. He's done so much damage already but then to come back into their home. I'll say it again, she's dead because he was born.

She's also dead because JS let him into their lives.

MS wasn't safe in her own home.

Heartsick for her.

JMO

I dont think so, hes a minor, over here you cant interview a child without a parent (in most cases). he probably was with his mom if anything,
Do we know the 15 year old was present that night? I wondered if maybe he spends time with his father sometimes, like if he only stayed there with his mother part time.

I dont think so, hes a minor, over here you cant interview a child without a parent (in most cases). he probably was with his mom if anything,
Yes, but 3 other minors were interviewed. Two 13 yos and a 12 yo. #'s 8-10 on the list I compiled in this thread taken from various pages in the data dump:

IF JS was unaware that Maddie was murdered, SS may have been running interference Sunday night and Monday morning.

Knowing he left Maddie's phone at home, he might have realized that that was a bad loose end and returned to the house, not for the clicker (ridiculous), but to delete messages from Maddie's phone. But, in doing so, JS awakened so he made up a reason to be there, to walk the dog and that's when JS hears people in the kitchen (the roommates), none of them would necessarily have known JS already left once....

This would explain why he came back, why it couldn't wait, and why it took him more than a minute--

If JS deleted messages on Maddie's phone, why would she volunteer that she looked through deleted messages? IMO someone else deleted them. And I don't think it was Maddie. It smells of JS.

I feel like JS was working hard to minimize SS's presence in her/their lives because no one wanted him in Maddie's life (MOO). Her deception was to cover for that.

Pretty significant lie if SS arrived on Saturday or Sunday morning or even a week prior.

She had to be in some serious deep headspace denial -- active denial, intentional denial for all of what happened to MS to happen under her roof.

Will that add up to charges?

Jmo
Ah see but your kid is missing, do you really hand the missing kid's cell off to a family member to check for you or do you check it yourself? Thoroughly??

If this were me? You'd have to pry that thing out of my hands because I'd be watching for what calls / texts came in etc... The only reason you'd hand it off imo... is you KNEW there was nothing on it, and NOTHING that was maybe going to be incoming would be about what you were hiding. That you or your man just killed and dumped the missing kid. At most, messages / calls might ask MS where she'd been all day - only confirming what you already knew - she wasn't at school all day.

Ill be glad to hear the COD . I keep thinking about another case a few years ago. Taylor Beal. Wonder if this could be how Maddie died? Murder of Taylor Behl - Wikipedia
A surveillance video showed Behl and Fawley leaving Behl's dormitory together on the night she disappeared.[4] According to police, Fawley told them Behl died accidentally during a consensual sex act (likely erotic asphyxiation) with him in her car at Mathews County, Virginia. He claimed he then panicked and dumped her unburied body in a ravine.
I absolutely remember Taylor Behl! That cause haunted me and to this day I still think of it. It’s just one that stuck with me. Tragic!

This, to me sounds like a strained relationship between JS and her mom, <modsnip: Name redacted>. We don't know the dynamics at all but we know now that grandma <modsnip: Name redacted> did "not like Stephan" per report, page 00986....

So the whole thing about SS being involved in the dropoff itself could have been a point of contention. Kind of like a "Oh now you're coming to me cuz the BF who I don't like anyway dropped off my granddaughter and you can't find her?"-type of thing. I only think so cuz a very judgemental mom figure is in my life, too.
Note that in the transcript @AnyNameIWish provides, it states Grandma said that JS *called* her to ask if Maddie had come to her office — not driven/come to her office. The *went to my mother’s office to check to see if Maddie walked there* version was what JS was telling LE.

Guess they all ended up at Grandma’s office later when LE was called.

thank you, good points. however, initial LE presser they said 'they believed he moved her body in the early morning hours'. this leads me to believe this was before sunrise, still dark. and we now know he moved her a second time, from the seat to the trunk in the parking garage.
Yes and interesting…… makes me wonder if perhaps that statement in the initial LE press conference is referring to SS having moved her (MS) from the apartment/condo to the car the first time? And that might be further support for the fact she may have been un-alived in the apartment/condo?

And that press conference statement was not to SS having moved MS (in the parking garage) to the trunk….. or having moved or placed her in the fields/woods? I know it seemed confusing to me at that time.

Of course more is known now publicly, so that changes the ability to judge earlier statements or information. MOO

View attachment 511855
View attachment 511856
Here’s the report about the neighbor couple’s Interview. Pg. 61-62 of the Dropbox PDF file.

It appears they were initially contacted and interviewed on 2/28 and the officer later returned to their residence and recorded an interview containing the same information they initially provided to have an official record of it. We don’t exactly know what constitutes “later” but I think it was probably the following day (2/29), as that’s the date the report is signed.

On 2/28 (or possibly 2/29) the couple said they saw SS “a couple days back going into ______ white’s vehicle”. A couple days before 2/28 would be 2/26, so that makes sense to me. The report also says the couple “had not seen until approximately a week ago”. There’s an important word missing from that sentence, but I think it’s safe for us to assume the author of the report meant to type “had not seen Stephan until approximately a week ago”.

All of this is to say — because the neighbors qualified their sightings of Stephan with terms like approximate and couple of days, I think these timeframes are rough estimates. They were much more definitive about when “they saw three people at _____’s door” (Monday night).

I don’t believe a word SS or JS says about anything (and they’ve both expressed uncertainty at times about the day SS arrived — which is dumb and unbelievable because how could they not know that!) …but I don’t know if we can accept vague estimates as proof that he arrived before Sunday night either. SS is a proven liar either way.
In this incidence report, the neighbors stated on Monday evening they saw three people at the Soto house front door and one person “highed.” Is that slang for something? What does it mean, high-fived?

Wonder if the three people are relavant since neighbors said the Sotos rarely had visitors? If they were LE I believe the neighbors would have known. The way it was mentioned it didn’t seem the three entered the house. Just curious and we will probably never know.

In this incidence report, the neighbors stated on Monday evening they saw three people at the Soto house front door and one person “highed.” Is that slang for something? What does it mean, high-fived?

Wonder if the three people are relavant since neighbors said the Sotos rarely had visitors? If they were LE I believe the neighbors would have known. The way it was mentioned it didn’t seem the three entered the house. Just curious and we will probably never know.
Perhaps one person said "Hi!"

Perhaps it was an "air high five" which is going through the motion of high fiving someone's hand, but doing it from a distance, or if up close, just not touching their hand. Afraid that's all I got!

Perhaps it was an "air high five" which is going through the motion of high fiving someone's hand, but doing it from a distance, or if up close, just not touching their hand. Afraid that's all I got!
I’m wondering as a gesture (assuming neighbor couldn’t hear words like “hi” through window) “highing” might be an indication of familiarity between visitors and those who opened the door or an indication of the perceived mood in the household. On that Monday, a “high five”-type greeting arouses my curiosity. And further, who might come by on that Monday, when visitors were rare. Relate to SS crimes?

Only my musings.

I've gone thru the entire Dropbox document and saved specific pages. The most heartbreaking part is the FDLE Lab Report detailing what parts of MS's body indicated blood.

Caution - details are sickeningly horrific.

JMO but he didn't just strangle her or hit her in the head. He must have been brutal to her at the end. This poor child was tortured. Again, my opinion only but it makes me want to cry to imagine what she suffered at his hands.

Attachments

• STERNS page 426-429 FDLE Lab Report.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
Per the roommate, yes, he was trying to move back. At least that's what s/he thought. Pg 872:

View attachment 511728
So this appears that JS confided in this roommate. <modsnip: encourages the sleuthing of victims>
SS was extremely bold to hurt Maddie in a home full of other people. Was the upstairs bed sharing on a schedule, like when everyone else would be "asleep".
The fact that JS and SS both explained the shared bed info, like it was the most normalest thing to do, smh.
I hope the roommates are getting help to process the horror they've learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone thru the entire Dropbox document and saved specific pages. The most heartbreaking part is the FDLE Lab Report detailing what parts of MS's body indicated blood.

Caution - details are sickeningly horrific.

JMO but he didn't just strangle her or hit her in the head. He must have been brutal to her at the end. This poor child was tortured. Again, my opinion only but it makes me want to cry to imagine what she suffered at his hands.
It is absolutely horrible to realize the enormity of what these details mean. Sweet Maddie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal
Back