MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I think he was sincere and he did not see anything that night. “
I agree he was sincere. And I believe he also did not want to hit animals. All Gods creatures. I am the same way.
But I believe he mentioned he did see something that night. It was not John O’Keefes body ( seems nobody coming or going saw John’s body) but Lucky saw a light colored Ford Edge. The kind of car that we are told LE drive. Like Higgins and BA. Wondering why the presence of that car was never mentioned by any one else Bc darn don’t you know it was right in front of the flagpole. Right where John’s body was eventually found.
I loved it when Lally asked Lucky if he knew the difference between a ford edge and a jeep Cherokee ( in a sneering you couldn’t possibly know voice) and Lucky nailed it.
Imo.
I loved his, God forbid...He is a sensitive guy and knows his vehicles, may easily be a hobby as well. I did love his behavior in answering and honesty of asking Lally's trick questioning to be repeated and Judge HAVING to say, ask it differently.

I loved it when Lally asked Lucky if he knew the difference between a ford edge and a jeep Cherokee ( in a sneering you couldn’t possibly know voice) and Lucky nailed it.
Imo.

I loved that part too. He didn't skip a beat when Lally further asked him what the differences were. The taillight shape. He's a guy who knows his vehicles. EXCELLENT witness!

IMO JMO

“I think he was sincere and he did not see anything that night. “
I agree he was sincere. And I believe he also did not want to hit animals. All Gods creatures. I am the same way.
But I believe he mentioned he did see something that night. It was not John O’Keefes body ( seems nobody coming or going saw John’s body) but Lucky saw a light colored Ford Edge. The kind of car that we are told LE drive. Like Higgins and BA. Wondering why the presence of that car was never mentioned by any one else Bc darn don’t you know it was right in front of the flagpole. Right where John’s body was eventually found.
Imo.
Ford Edge's are SUV, would the SUV block the view from the plow , of a body at night with snow falling. Was the SUV parked in the same direction the plow would be plowing>. Sorry.. if this is obvious

Could someone more informed about this case please humor me and answer a question.... is it true he had grass stains, and if so, where can I learn more about that?
I saw a glimpse of that in someone's comment but it does depends on whose. I have not seen a thing about that in descriptions of his clothing which we saw at the showing in the trial. It was all about the other stains, not grass stains, which I'm sure would be mentioned if they were there.

I saw a glimpse of that in someone's comment but it does depends on whose. I have not seen a thing about that in descriptions of his clothing which we saw at the showing in the trial. It was all about the other stains, not grass stains, which I'm sure would be mentioned if they were there.

Thank you. This was my take as well, but I've missed a lot.

Thank you. This was my take as well, but I've missed a lot.
Always fee free to ask, as not all can watch or watch online somewhere after the day is done, it is lengthy. I manage from about before noon till over and read through here with a thoughtful person's copy and paste of a newsperson watching it and updating and some trusted sleuthers.

Could someone more informed about this case please humor me and answer a question.... is it true he had grass stains, and if so, where can I learn more about that?
These pics of his pants were in the slideshow posted in the last thread, I don't see any grass stains but the close up pics mainly show areas with blood where I guess samples were cut for testing:

JOKPants1.jpg
JOKPants2.jpg

I just wonder how the seat of his pants got so much blood on it.

There actually is a large, highway style light on the other side of 34 Fairview. The area isn't in complete darkness and Lucky in his truck 100% would have seen a 6'2" body lying near the roadway.
Except if an SUV was blocking the view.and being the other side is not as helpful. Where was the light shining on? The driveway, another house? Directly into 34? Moo

I just wonder how the seat of his pants got so much blood on it.

RSBM. That was my first thought as well, and thank you for posting these as I had not seen them. He would have had to have been standing for a while with his head wound dripping blood down the back of his neck, back, butt....I would think. If he fell backwards and hit his head and never got up, that would not happen.

IMO MOO

Except if an SUV was blocking the view.and being the other side is not as helpful. Where was the light shining on? The driveway, another house? Directly into 34? Moo

I'm not following. When he went by and didn't see a body there was no SUV in the way. That's the whole point. The streetlight is on the other side of the driveway. In conjunction with Lucky's lights, no way would he have missed a body - before someone parked a Ford Edge in the way and obstructed his view.

@kirstenglavin

JUST IN - Karen Read’s defense tells me they only have 3 witnesses left to call.
They say they intend to finish on Monday and get to closing arguments on Tuesday.

3:47 PM · Jun 21, 2024

Per criminal defense attorney, David Yannetti, the 3 witnesses left are:

Dr. Frank Sheridan,
Pathologist Daniel Wolfe, Ph.D., ARCCA
Andrew Rentschler, Ph.D., ARCCA

4:25 PM · Jun 21, 2024

RSBM. That was my first thought as well, and thank you for posting these as I had not seen them. He would have had to have been standing for a while with his head wound dripping blood down the back of his neck, back, butt....I would think. If he fell backwards and hit his head and never got up, that would not happen.

IMO MOO
I don't think he was standing but propped up and sitting in his blood that is heavily coming down the back of his head and also the front of his shirt. His face was all blood, broken nose and shown and was testified that blood from nose and mouth as well. That head bash was to have incapacitated him, fall, if he had not fallen hard, very hard onto something in the weight room basement or bashed in the head from behind.. He was most likely propped up against something after what happened till it was deemed they had to get him out of the basement and not their problem any more. JMO

I don't think he was standing but propped up and sitting in his blood that is heavily coming down the back of his head and also the front of his shirt. His face was all blood, broken nose and shown and was testified that blood from nose and mouth as well. That head bash was to have incapacitated him, fall, if he had not fallen hard, very hard onto something in the weight room basement. He was most likely propped up against something after what happened till it was deemed they had to get him out of the basement and not their problem any more. JMO

Yes, probably right! Staining his pants.....and the floor, which was then dug up an discarded.

These people are not going to get away with this.

IMO MOO

@kirstenglavin

JUST IN - Karen Read’s defense tells me they only have 3 witnesses left to call.
They say they intend to finish on Monday and get to closing arguments on Tuesday.

3:47 PM · Jun 21, 2024

Per criminal defense attorney, David Yannetti, the 3 witnesses left are:

Dr. Frank Sheridan,
Pathologist Daniel Wolfe, Ph.D., ARCCA
Andrew Rentschler, Ph.D., ARCCA

4:25 PM · Jun 21, 2024

Will the Commonwealth have a rebuttal case?

Will the Commonwealth have a rebuttal case?

What's that? Lally will be able to cross examine them, same as the others. Bet they intimidate him though.

After these witnesses, Lally gets to sum up his crap case of smoke and mirrors for the jury and then the defense - probably Yannetti, I would guess - will do their closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares