Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting theory Lets…… And wasn’t there also meniton of some distinct markings, ahem? Wonder if there is a correlation perhaps? MOO
The markings weren't from Maddie biting him. The distinct markings of his penis were noted before her death. They were seen in images of him SAing her.

Pg 35: In a picture located on Stephan’s phone, we observed a black mark near the tip of the shaft in a picture of a penis

Pg 104: the penis observed penetrating the victim had distinct marking on it which consisted of bright pinkish-colored skin below the head of the penis until approximately a quarter of the length down the shaft of the penis. Several other pictures capturing this distinct pattern were observed on the phone

I still don't understand why Maddy didn't tell someone. Her mom, grandmother, or someone at school. Was there no one she trusted or confided in? Maybe she thought SS was her boyfriend?
Because children usually don't tell for a variety of reasons.

Many children who are sexually abused don't tell anyone about it and many keep their secret all their lives.

Telling someone about sexual abuse is very hard for children. The sad news is that children often don’t tell anyone when they’ve been sexually abused.

There are many reasons why children don’t tell anyone about sexual abuse. Some common reasons are:
  • They have been taught to obey adults.
  • They have promised to keep the abuse secret.
  • They have been bribed to keep it a secret.
  • They have been threatened by the offender to keep it a secret and are scared to tell.
  • They feel guilty because they believe that the abuse is their fault.
  • They are ashamed to tell.
  • They are confused because the offender is someone they know and trust.
  • They have been convinced that the abuse is normal or okay.
  • They are too young to know that the abuse isn’t appropriate—especially if it’s done by someone they know and trust.
  • They have not been taught that the abuse is not okay.
  • They don’t know the words to use to tell.
More, at the link, including a video from SA survivors who explain why they didn't tell anyone about their abuse:

Last edited:
The markings weren't from Maddie biting him. The distinct markings of his penis were noted before her death. They were seen in images of him SAing her.

Pg 35: In a picture located on Stephan’s phone, we observed a black mark near the tip of the shaft in a picture of a penis

Pg 104: the penis observed penetrating the victim had distinct marking on it which consisted of bright pinkish-colored skin below the head of the penis until approximately a quarter of the length down the shaft of the penis. Several other pictures capturing this distinct pattern were observed on the phone
He used the masturb. cream on his "thing" perhaps. Afaik, he had a supply of it?

I completely agree, she didn’t have the words for it. I wouldn’t have at 12 either. She was probably scared to tell, embarrassed to tell, etc. and didn’t know how to. Do you just blurt it out? Do you ease in by saying that SS is annoying and weird? What do you even call it? I wouldn’t have been able to say anything so explicit to a school counselor either at that age.
Or at 8, or 9, or 10, or 11.... :(

Last edited:
In the huge document released it is stated that

"She and her fifteen year old son have a room in the home."
On page 987. Highlighted.

I read this to mean they rent one room. Not two.
If that's the case (mother and son shared a room), I HOPE there is another roommate since JS sent Maddie and SS to bed in room #4 that night. And, Maddie had a makeshift room in the living room with a dresser, etc. Because if mother and son shared a room, that would leave 2 rooms upstairs, and Maddie could have had her own room, and not sent to sleep with SS. But, you never know with JS & SS... maybe they thought Maddie needed "cuddling" to fall asleep. God that really makes me angry!!! :mad:

I think the entire roommate situation is also bizarre.

Maybe I'm the world's lightest sleeper with the world's tiniest bladder, but if I went to sleep that early, I would have gotten up at least once to pee, to get a drink, something.

Not placing blame, it's just incredibly convenient for whatever the hell happened in that condo how no one seems to have heard or noticed or suspected anything....

(And not just that night, but ever??)

Black mark=bruise?

Again, he's a disgusting individual. Who knows what he does to himself when he isn't complaining about blankies and core temperature....
Perhaps but I'm thinking not. If that black mark was on his penis the day he was arrested and his body photographed... it apparently matched pics on his phone. Bruising changes color over time, and I'm guessing the pictures on his phone were from different dates. JMO.

Pg 35: in reference to a DNA search warrant for Stephan. During this warrant, the CSI took several pictures of Stephan’s body and penis and collected all his clothing. Detective Junco and I located a black mark on Stephan’s penis which was consistent with the penis pictures on his cell phone.

Perhaps but I'm thinking not. If that black mark was on his penis the day he was arrested and his body photographed... it apparently matched pics on his phone. Bruising changes color over time, and I'm guessing the pictures on his phone were from different dates. JMO.

Pg 35: in reference to a DNA search warrant for Stephan. During this warrant, the CSI took several pictures of Stephan’s body and penis and collected all his clothing. Detective Junco and I located a black mark on Stephan’s penis which was consistent with the penis pictures on his cell phone.
That makes sense!

I was thinking some of the pics on SS phone are from the 25th?

Are they? I'm a bit confused at this point as there are so many details in this case.

And thinking about his penis is just nauseating lol

Exposure.

MS felt confident and strong enough to expose him. Turning 13 is a big deal. She was coming into her own. She even verbalized her goal - to live in the woods. She knew she needed a plan. She was so much smarter than him.

SS knew it was game over and MS was going to bury him under the jail. 100% premeditated. Driving up from North Port with his rage building, he retaliated violently.

I wish MS would have had the opportunity to expose him and be vindicated.

JMO
I agree with this theory. She was going to tell. Or maybe she even mentioned something to her mom who maybe asked SS about it, who of course blamed Maddie and convinced JS she was making it up for attention or was off her meds or something of the sort. Either way I believe he did it to silence her.

I still don't understand why Maddy didn't tell someone. Her mom, grandmother, or someone at school. Was there no one she trusted or confided in? Maybe she thought SS was her boyfriend?
We’ve beat that horse to death on this forum. There’s lots of reasons SA victims don’t tell.

ETA: we also know from the docs that Maddie had told her counselor that SS made her uncomfortable… we also know she’d had boyfriends in the past. I really don’t think this was a matter of her thinking SS was her boyfriend.

Last edited:
There doesn't really have to be a motive as premeditation doesn't have to be planned out beforehand.

All premeditation and deliberation require is the time it takes to form the intent, ponder the crime, and then act. Defendants can premeditate and deliberate in a matter of minutes, as long as the thought process occurs before the act.

There’s always motive. It’s not required to charge/prosecute him, but there’s always a motive. Not that we always learn what that is.

There’s always motive. It’s not required to charge/prosecute him, but there’s always a motive. Not that we always learn what that is.
You're right. I didn't word that very well. I was talking about how it doesn't always take days/weeks/months/year to premeditate a murder. It can happen in as few as a minute or so. But as you said, that few minutes (if that's what it was) is still premeditated. He made a (horrible) decision and acted on it. :(

You just made me realize something. If he either didn't have his own phone on the way up, or had his switched off (am I correct about that? I thought that he was only using his father's on the trip up, but my premise could be mistaken), then how was he tracking MS? I absolutely believe he was, don't get me wrong, but does that mean he had to have her as trackable on his father's phone, as well? How often was he using that phone? The person you want to track has to consent each number that wants to do that. If this was the first time he had borrowed his father's phone, then would he have had to make the request to MS's phone in real-time either before the trip up or during it?
Find my iPhone? You can use find my device or find my iPhone to track without consent. Air tags will show up and alert you if you are near one …

Remember he called Jenn that night to tell her something like " maddi has taken her nighttime meds and has done her routines which consisted of a shower "
That was weird (to me anyway) if its so routine, why did he feel the need to call jenn to inform her, maybe so that by the time jenn got home it wouldnt surprise her if maddi was sleeping?? but then I thought about the rigor info is it possible she died before midnight if she was still limp at 9:40am when he moved he to the trunk
Forgive me if this has been discussed. Is it possible the nighttime meds were in addition to an additional knock-out drug given by SS, so he could assault her while she was out like a light?

Could it be possible that she inadvertently died when her breathing or her heart slowed down due to a lethal combination of drugs? I keep thinking about how I believe that Casey Anthony drugged her daughter with homemade chloroform (which is what I suspect killed this little girl).

I didn't know if this was SS's MO for his SA's on MS??

Have toxicology tests been done on SM? Of course, some may not have stayed around long enough to show up, but I don't know.

JMO

Forgive me if this has been discussed. Is it possible the nighttime meds were in addition to an additional knock-out drug given by SS, so he could assault her while she was out like a light?

Could it be possible that she inadvertently died when her breathing or her heart slowed down due to a lethal combination of drugs? I keep thinking about how I believe that Casey Anthony drugged her daughter with homemade chloroform (which is what I suspect killed this little girl).
Not from what Shannon Butler has been told. She starts speaking about it at the 9:30 mark, then stating she had been strangled at the 10:00 mark -

This basically says she died while SS was abusing her. Not after.

:(
Maybe. It could have been an argument. Likely over sex (I feel like she might have gotten to a point where she was going to start saying no). While others disagree, it just seemed to me like turning 13 had meaning for her. She was now a teen, and no longer a child (we know 13 is still a child, but it's a big milestone in the minds of some children). Also, she just looked more mature to me in her birthday pics taken 2/25. She was growing up and I think I'll forever be pissed off that SS took that away from her. She had SO much to look forward to that I gleaned from the video posted on her obituary, more than SS could ever dream to be. It has since been removed. Likely internet trolls started hassling the family and left negative messages when her obituary page was supposed to be about celebrating the good in Maddie's life. All MOO

Black mark=bruise?

Again, he's a disgusting individual. Who knows what he does to himself when he isn't complaining about blankies and core temperature....
I mentioned this yesterday, the black mark was described by LE as a "freckle" (p. 46 of the massive dropbox doc from admin. No link because its downloaded directly to my device).
"...I located a black freckle or mark on Stern's penis that was visible in some of the photographs / videos found while examinging the photographs/videos of Sterns sexually abusing ____ " (redacted but they mean MS).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back