MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with that hypothesis nether does LE, It is more likely actions from consciousness of guilt, venting at him, blaming him for....'look what you just made me do".

But indulging that idea for a second, still is contradictory at minimum to what she said happened.

That alone has proven she is a liar.

Her statement was..... there was no issues or problems and she went home to bed.

Caught up critically lying at the very moment she is accused of leaving John for dead.
But if she had hit and killed him w/her car and knew that (as it sounds like you're saying, correct me if that's not true!), then she would have known LE would go thru his phone when they investigated his death. So she'd know there would be no way they wouldn't see all those calls and texts she left him.

So why did she lie and say she went home and slept? If they were about to see proof that she was actually up all night, frantically trying to find him and leaving mean awful messages on his phone, etc.? Why would she let them see that she obviously lied about what she did during this crucial time? She'd have to know they'd know she was lying.

So... are you sure that's what she told them? That it was all good, no problems, she went home and went to bed? I can't remember if she made any statement to that effect or not. I guess I don't know what she said she did after she left Fairview. I know what she did, from the evidence presented in court, but I don't know what she SAID she did. If it's as you say, then I'm confused why she'd make up a total lie, when she'd have known of all the evidence soon to come out that would contradict her.

I'm inclined to think she did not say that to investigators, as you said she did. But I still don't see why she got so frantic and seemed so sure that he was dead, for crying out loud! Before there was any reason to jump to that awful conclusion. When she called their friend Kerry at 5 something a.m., she just said, "John's dead!" and hung up! ?????? Who would do that?? Makes it seem like she's psychic, cuz pretty soon, what do you know, turns out she was right! He really was dead! She couldn't have known that! But she did.

I have to think she was probably in some weird blackout drunk condition, and she may really have hit him, but it was like only her drunk self knew that. Her other self that was in the process of sobering up did not remember that consciously at all, and that shows in some of her actions that we know about. She blacked out most of her drunken night, just cuz she got way too drunk, but the knowledge of what really happened was still there, in her subconscious, and that's why some of her actions seem to us to not make any sense, and some also make her look guilty as heck. But some also make her look innocent! So who knows. She's all mixed up, cuz she just got way too drunk, and forgot more than she remembered. (When I used to drink, I blacked out more often than not, it really sucked. I quit years ago though!) So I can sort of understand what she's doing, but it's all cuckoo and discombobulated.

There really is so much in this case that makes no sense. I feel for the jury to have to make sense of it all, especially with all the problems of seemingly corrupt investigators and some witnesses, and inept investigation, and a prosecutor that only added to the confusion and doubt, imo. He never did look like he believed his own case, if you ask me. Didn't help any.

Anyway, I still think zero chance of murder verdict, and pretty good chance of an acquittal, in fact. If that happens, I'd consider it fair even if she really did hit him accidentally. Part of the fairness in my mind would be in essentially punishing LE etc. for behaving so badly with this much on the line, and their not giving a damn if KR ended up incarcerated for life over this, largely due to their corrupt and shoddy work. I'd much rather see her get away with, say, manslaughter in a horrible accident, than see these cops and lawyers get away with the way they've acted. Which, unfortunately, is probably how they're all going to keep acting, and they'll probably keep getting away with it all, maybe exposed on the rare occasion such as they were in this case, but all in all, can't see much changing. They haven't learned anything from this. And probably never will, IMO!

That is for petty fight
Nope the McCabes aren’t on trial. As everyone says about Karen’s crazy calls, maybe this is normal for them.
Normal if you have to hide your communications after a man you said Yu love and is your friend is in that condition you saw him in is not normal or natural.

How about this: ‘Hos long to die in cold,’” Jackson offered. “That sound familiar?”

“Yeah, it’s been everywhere,” McCabe said.

"Why does that sound so familiar?” Jackson asked.

“Because you’ve put it out on social media,” McCabe said.

“Well, I haven’t put anything out on social media, because I don’t personally have social media,” Jackson replied."

"Jackson showed McCabe data from her cellphone extraction, indicating she made several searches for both “hos long to die in cold” and “how long ti die in cikd.”

"Why the two searches?” he asked.

“She (Read) was standing next to me screaming, shaking my hand,” McCabe said. “My hand was cold. I was trying to Google it. Obviously maybe whatever came up first didn’t make sense because I had some misspellings, so I did it again.”

"Jackson pointed to the 2:27 a.m. timestamp for her first “hos long” search. Similar searches were timestamped later, at 6:23 a.m. and 6:24 a.m."
----‐-------

Wowzers I didn't know this....

Edited for spelling

How about this: ‘Hos long to die in cold,’” Jackson offered. “That sound familiar?”

“Yeah, it’s been everywhere,” McCabe said.

"Why does that sound so familiar?” Jackson asked.

“Because you’ve put it out on social media,” McCabe said.

“Well, I haven’t put anything out on social media, because I don’t personally have social media,” Jackson replied."

"Jackson showed McCabe data from her cellphone extraction, indicating she made several searches for both “hos long to die in cold” and “how long ti die in cikd.”

"Why the two searches?” he asked.

“She (Read) was standing next to me screaming, shaking my hand,” McCabe said. “My hand was cold. I was trying to Google it. Obviously maybe whatever came up first didn’t make sense because I had some misspellings, so I did it again.”

"Jackson pointed to the 2:27 a.m. timestamp for her first “hos long” search. Similar searches were timestamped later, at 6:23 a.m. and 6:24 a.m."
----‐-------

Wowzers I didn't know this....

Edited for spelling

I have frequently thought to go back myself and re-watch JMC's testimony. I just can't bring myself to actually do it. I recall the indignant looks and tone during her direct with Lally, but what I shiver thinking about is the complete TOXICITY that she flipped to while under the cross of Alan Jackson. You could almost see the venom coming out of her. I could feel it. I seriously hope the courtroom was fumigated and cleansed thoroughly after her appearance. It was truly nasty. And I sincerely doubt she was effective at all for the CW's case. I believe the opposite in fact. IMO

I find Karen's late night calls to her parents to be strange if her story is to be believed.

Why would it be so important for a grown 40 year old women to repeatedly call her parents simply because her boyfriend isn't answering her text's? What does she expect them to do about that?

It doesn't add up to me. JMO.
Repeatedly? I saw upthread it was one call around 1:10 and two back to back at about 4:30 when she started calling everyone. Were there more? MOO

I have frequently thought to go back myself and re-watch JMC's testimony. I just can't bring myself to actually do it. I recall the indignant looks and tone during her direct with Lally, but what I shiver thinking about is the complete TOXICITY that she flipped to while under the cross of Alan Jackson. You could almost see the venom coming out of her. I could feel it. I seriously hope the courtroom was fumigated and cleansed thoroughly after her appearance. It was truly nasty. And I sincerely doubt she was effective at all for the CW's case. I believe the opposite in fact. IMO
KerryR came straight after her and the contrast in sincerity and integrity was telling. Imo yet another strategic stuff up by Lally or more likely an inability to read the room and reflect on the impression a dishonest and prepped witness is likely to leave.moo

Sert only found two or three of those pieces. Look at all the different dates for when Proctor and Bukhenic found pieces.
Unfortunately she did not give the dispatch people the info,that I listened to, that he was also a police officer and on the lawn of a police officer. Sounded like she just was chatty. Whispering I think he’s gone. Oh very snide remarks to Kerry regarding she doesn’t keep blankets in her car was very much detached from what was the awful situation at hand

Unfortunately she did not give the dispatch people the info,that I listened to, that he was also a police officer and on the lawn of a police officer. Sounded like she just was chatty. Whispering I think he’s gone. Oh very snide remarks to Kerry regarding she doesn’t keep blankets in her car was very much detached from what was the awful situation at hand
She called JO simply a man in her calm controlled low voice.

Just very much sounded playing a part
She called JO simply a man in her calm controlled low voice.
totally was creepy sick. Like her.

Yes, that's just you. Plenty of people would. moo
She was under such stress and confusion, all piled up and she is fortunate person to have a trusting and close relationship with her parents, unconditional it seems to be. You go there first under such stress and upset she was feeling at that time that it appeared for her. A bad mix of a few things that got worse unfortunately and there they are.

Going back to the solo cups. When I saw the picture of the open red solo cups in open brown bag on the floor, my chin dropped.

And worse, the prosecution let the officer testify misleadingly, saying the cups were “sealed in an evidence bag.” The fact that the police investigation not only did this, but didn’t seem to see what the big problem was, demolished any faith I had that the case was properly investigated.

Inattentional blindness….its a real thing.
Well it didn’t happen at 12:45, so obviously she’s not guilty. It’s like impossible to have a discussion on this forum.
She's not guilty because the state's own witness and 3 defense experts (truly) will testify that she didn't hit him with her car. Nothing else really matters.

She was under such stress and confusion, all piled up and she is fortunate person to have a trusting and close relationship with her parents, unconditional it seems to be. You go there first under such stress and upset she was feeling at that time that it appeared for her. A bad mix of a few things that got worse unfortunately and there they are.

Karen Reads own admitted to Medical History ( Serious Gastro Intestinal diagnosis ) was undoubtedly effected by stress. Stress can and does have a dangerous effect on diseases. Her parents were well aware of all that KR was going through, no doubt. I would have called them too, if I were her.

Going back to the solo cups. When I saw the picture of the open red solo cups in open brown bag on the floor, my chin dropped.

And worse, the prosecution let the officer testify misleadingly, saying the cups were “sealed in an evidence bag.” The fact that the police investigation not only did this, but didn’t seem to see what the big problem was, demolished any faith I had that the case was properly investigated.

Absolutely !

And one of my favorite Proctor or Tully isms...
The fact that the CantonPD had recused itself because of knowing the Alberts, but yet....the MSP lead investigator now allows Canton PD Officer KEVIN ALBERT to arrange witness interviews !!??????? Nothing to see here....
:rolleyes:
Make it make sense !!!

Yes Warwick!…… and lest we not forget, if I recall correctly trooper Bukhenik also testified on at least one occasion when referring to two large paper bags of evidence - that although identified with HIS NAME and supposed demarkations - that he did not collect the items, did not label the bag, and didn’t know who had done so!

An evidence bag that some would contend seemed to have been compromised from both its identification, contents, source, and collector. Amazingly inept work IMO. Would seem that officers should be familiar with ‘Chain of Custody’ and other evidentiary protocols?

From what has been shown in court, not sure any of some of those that testified should continue in this field IMO? Hard to imagine what is occurring ‘off the record’ and when others are not watching? The supposed federal or FBI report ought to be interesting. Sure hope it is available and released soon. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member