Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

The OP that contained no factual basis for allegations of torturing or tasering has been removed, along with all responses emanating from it.

It was a hypothetical scenario that does not warrant further responses or bickering.

Please move on.

Thanks !!

I still want to know why he was sent to Westville in the first place, with that particular set of guards. Who did those guards know on the outside? Maybe an associate of RA's who used to be on the inside and got to know the guards, who they knew could "influence" RA? Just a theory, but there are so many felons surrounding this case. IMO MOO
I that first article steeltowngirl posted Tobe said (paraphrasing) they couldn't keep him safe, the small jail and staff. Cass County Sheriff said he could take (space and health services wise) and he also said he didn't want him. Prosecutor said he had no problem with him being moved to Cass County. All in that June 15, 2023 hearing

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Some excerpts:

Allen’s attorney acknowledged the confessions, saying Allen had made “incriminating statements” while at Westville Correctional Facility. He also claimed those statements should not be trusted because of his client’s mental state.

During the first half of the hearing on Thursday, the defense called four witnesses to the stand to give their testimony of Allen’s current conditions and the possibility of moving him to Cass County: Chief Deputy Tobe Leazenby with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Max Baker, an intern for attorney Bradley Rozzi’s office, Gary Lewis from Westville Correctional Facility and Cass County Sheriff Ed Shroder.

Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

1) to be honest - had they arrested Allen shortly after the video, the first sketch and the voice were made public, probably, there'd be very few questions raised now.
2) instead, ISP turned this case into a disaster. A lengthy one, too. Now, they have to eat the results of own incompetence. Allen may be guilty - but the fiasco of ISP is not his fault.
3) I always had a feeling that the Bridge Guy had some sort of neuropathy, and alcoholic Allen does look like one suffering from vitamin B deficiency. I would not be unsurprised if it was him on the bridge. But with vitamin and mineral deficiency and potentially, liver cirrhosis and miocardiopathy, ISP should, at least, treat him. What if he dies from the consequences of his physical state before the trial?
4) besides other disasters pestering this case, it has one humongous weakness - a huge reward fund. With such a reward, who wouldn't be tempted to tip on a neighbor, a friend, etc.? With lack of any modern technology to support their accusation, no DNA, no hair studies, nada, just a stray bullet in a rural area, this case is defensible through @ through, MOO. (Remember, this man, RA, has zero prior legal involvement history.) If LE wants at least to wrap it up normally, they should treat RA very well. JMO.

Last edited:
1) to be honest - had they arrested Allen shortly after the video, the first sketch and the voice were made public, probably, there'd be very few questions raised now.
2) instead, ISP turned this case into a disaster. A lengthy one, too. Now, they have to eat the results of own incompetence. Allen may be guilty - but the fiasco of ISP is not his fault.
3) I always had a feeling that the Bridge Guy had some sort of neuropathy, and alcoholic Allen does look like one suffering from vitamin B deficiency. I would not be unsurprised if it was him on the bridge. But with vitamin and mineral deficiency and potentially, liver cirrhosis and miocardiopathy, ISP should, at least, treat him. What if he dies from the consequences of his physical state before the trial?
4) besides other disasters pestering this case, it has one humongous weakness - a huge reward fund. With such a reward, who wouldn't be tempted to tip on a neighbor, a friend, etc.? With lack of any modern technology to support their accusation, no DNA, no hair studies, nada, just a stray bullet in a rural area, this case is defensible through @ through, MOO. (Remember, this man, RA, has zero prior legal involvement history.) If LE wants at least to wrap it up normally, they should treat RA very well. JMO.

I'm not a medical professional (or otherwise educated about Vitamin B). Could you explain what you mean by him looking like he suffers from vitamin B deficiency?

I'm not a medical professional (or otherwise educated about Vitamin B). Could you explain what you mean by him looking like he suffers from vitamin B deficiency?

Technically, they can suffer from multiple vitamin deficiencies as they use alcohol for calories, but for starters:

ETA: here is a larger article about all possible deficiencies of vitamins/minerals in alcoholics.

Last edited:

Forgot to add the picture from jail

The position of his hand and certain lack of muscles might indicate neuropathy.

In the article there are photos of a man with a typical leg position indicative of thiamine deficiency. The whole article is interesting, because beriberi used to be the disease of the malnourished, and alcoholics in civilized society are a different group, but yet, the same.

I remember looking at the Bridge Guy and mentioning his "steppage" gait, and "steppage" due to B1 deficiency is mentioned here, too. Anyhow, if RA drank himself into this state, he is somewhat demented as well. JMO.

Forgot to add the picture from jail

The position of his hand and certain lack of muscles might indicate neuropathy.

In the article there are photos of a man with a typical leg position indicative of thiamine deficiency. The whole article is interesting, because beriberi used to be the disease of the malnourished, and alcoholics in civilized society are a different group, but yet, the same.

I remember looking at the Bridge Guy and mentioning his "steppage" gait, and "steppage" due to B1 deficiency is mentioned here, too. Anyhow, if RA drank himself into this state, he is somewhat demented as well. JMO.

Has it been confirmed that RA is an alcoholic?

Has it been confirmed that RA is an alcoholic?

I would not turn to ISP to confirm or disprove anything. Neither can his doctors who are bound by HIPAA laws. However, wasn't his presence around the bridge at that time self-explained by RA as attending some kind of a meeting? I guess the person who provided the greatest wealth of information about the man was a local barman, no?

I would not turn to ISP to confirm or disprove anything. Neither can his doctors who are bound by HIPAA laws. However, wasn't his presence around the bridge at that time self-explained by RA as attending some kind of a meeting? I guess the person who provided the greatest wealth of information about the man was a local barman, no?

I do not remember his reasoning being a meeting? Or that a barman provided information about the crime?

IMO MOO

I could look nuts and disheveled too, if I were trying to get off on an insanity plea.

It is not about nuts and disheveled. It is more about a very specific position of his left arm reminding me of some kind of neuropathy. At first I thought, maybe his handcuffs were too tight of placed for too long, that could cause it, too, but then I remembered the gait of the BG and thought, it might have been there before, and probably, due to drinking. One has to understand, once someone drinks himself into thiamine deficiency, the consequences may be irreversible. JMO.

It is not about nuts and disheveled. It is more about a very specific position of his left arm reminding me of some kind of neuropathy. At first I thought, maybe his handcuffs were too tight of placed for too long, that could cause it, too, but then I remembered the gait of the BG and thought, it might have been there before, and probably, due to drinking. One has to understand, once someone drinks himself into thiamine deficiency, the consequences may be irreversible. JMO.

No way, no how would someone/anyone be able to cross that bridge drunk. Besides, RA has NOT been diagnosed as an alcoholic. Maybe he just liked beer.

I don't feel it's our place to diagnose a man we have never laid eyes on and probably never will. JMO

No way, no how would someone/anyone be able to cross that bridge drunk. Besides, RA has NOT been diagnosed as an alcoholic. Maybe he just liked beer.

I don't feel it's our place to diagnose a man we have never laid eyes on and probably never will. JMO

OK, let us not diagnose the man. Let us rely on the official information provided by the ISP in the PC in 2019, that is what we all went by until the arrest was made. Any similarity? No. I am trying to reconcile ISP's PC with whom they arrested. Since there is zero correlation, i am trying to find something that would match. The only similarity between the BG and RA that i can find is unusual gait. Remove it - what stays?

Maybe they will - but why? If I were on the jury, I’d wonder why they were pitching an elaborate alternate scheme instead of staying with actual evidence. If they can demonstrate that Rick wasn’t there, great! Showing me some sticks thrown over the bodies isn’t going to help me believe in Rick’s innocence nor believe that Odinists held a ritual on a Monday afternoon to murder 2 teens.

I expect prosecution to provide the motive for the murders at trial, and tie it to RA with proof - and it won’t be an Odinist ritual. I expect defense to argue why it cannot be RA. Defense adding in other false scenarios only convolutes their argument, and frankly, seems desperate. They should stay with their contention that RA wasn’t there, and it can’t be proven that he was there. As a juror, that might cause me to have reasonable doubt.

jmo
Excellent post @steeltowngirl, this D has insinuated, speculated and hypothesized everything, and I do mean everything, except proof of why RA is INNOCENT. Technically the Defense doesn't have to say a peep, it's the State's job to prove RA guilty BARD.

The D can't argue what they don't have...a legitimate alibi proving that RA was anywhere else except on the Monan High Bridge on Feb 13, 2017 during the time that Abby & Libby were brutally murdered after being video taped by Libby, but the State can and will IMO show exactly that and more.

#Justice4Abby&LibbyAlways

JMO

jmo

Something I think is strange is that even though none of us know the evidence that LE has against Richard Allen, wouldn't they tell Richard Allen during the interrogations to try to get him to confess before making the arrest? But then later Richard Allen does confess many times to anyone who will listen. I do not understand.
No surprise to not admitting guilt while you're still a free, uncharged Defendant living your life, hiding in plain sight after 5+ years.

IMO

No surprise to not admitting guilt while you're still a free, uncharged Defendant living your life, hiding in plain sight after 5+ years.

IMO

Exactly he had gotten comfortable after no knock at the door after a few months imo

He had an extra 5 years of freedom that he stole from his victims. I hope he never gets another day out free to roam.

IMO

OK, let us not diagnose the man. Let us rely on the official information provided by the ISP in the PC in 2019, that is what we all went by until the arrest was made. Any similarity? No. I am trying to reconcile ISP's PC with whom they arrested. Since there is zero correlation, i am trying to find something that would match. The only similarity between the BG and RA that i can find is unusual gait. Remove it - what stays?
I want to believe, RA is THE man, but I'm also missing the similarities, just as you.

BBM

He's the "spitting image" of the "image known as BG," some say. :rolleyes:

IMO MOO

BBM

He's the "spitting image" of the "image known as BG," some say. :rolleyes:

IMO MOO

That’s because RA is BG so of course he is the spitting image. Obviously the image is grainy as all get out but there are tells now we know who the guilty man is that it’s him.

Least not forgetting the fact he has placed himself out on the bridge dressed similarly as BG and has confessed loads that’s he is guilty.

Mooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member