Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a ding dong, I find these attorneys’ behavior abhorrent and in no way representative of our vibrant, humble and agreeable community.

#NOTALLDINGDONGS
BBM
“Abhorrent” is a rather strong word and IMO ill used to describe two attorneys who are intent on providing full and ethical representation/defense of their client DESPITE the questionable antics of the State and Court. JMO

Which is more believable to a jury?

Libby and Abby were killed in a pagan ritual in the middle of the day by white supremacist Odinists (who were investigated by LE and have proven alibis for being elsewhere at the time of the murders).

- Or -

The evidence against RA is weak, witnesses were confused, there were 2 sketches and multiple POI’s through the years.

Defense could make a great case for RA’s innocence. But they are not doing it. Why?

jmo
Maybe because he's confessed so many times, to his family and his mental health professionals? Then there could be whatever LE found in the search of RA's home and property?
And maybe there's some electronic connection to the victims, example: maybe through someone RA knew that catfished the girls? Just some thoughts

Maybe because he's confessed so many times, to his family and his mental health professionals? Then there could be whatever LE found in the search of RA's home and property?
And maybe there's some electronic connection to the victims, example: maybe through someone RA knew that catfished the girls? Just some thoughts
Yep, I believe now more than ever that they have something on RA that is undeniable evidence. It could be DNA or digital evidence. And it won’t matter if 20 other SODDIs were involved and not yet caught or charged.

But I still don’t get why defense is pitching a bizarre theory instead of simply pointing to their own version of facts. Their client says he left by 1:30. His jeans and jacket clothing is common menswear on a trail. The car seen by witnesses may not be RA’s.

Why is defense making their own case harder than it needs to be?

jmo

In real juris-world, Judges do NOT do give unclear orders re: transfers responding to subpoenas and/or misreport judicial decisions to Defense and Prosecution. One of these parties (Judge/LE) is obfuscating. Facts will be determined via testimony. There's no room here for excuse-making.
JMHO
The defense has had to do a lot of excuse-making in this case so, far, it would seem there is still room, JMO

Yep, I believe now more than ever that they have something on RA that is undeniable evidence. It could be DNA or digital evidence. And it won’t matter if 20 other SODDIs were involved and not yet caught or charged.

But I still don’t get why defense is pitching a bizarre theory instead of simply pointing to their own version of facts. Their client says he left by 1:30. His jeans and jacket clothing is common menswear on a trail. The car seen by witnesses may not be RA’s.

Why is defense making their own case harder than it needs to be?

jmo
Because it's the only avenue they have and they will not let their client plea?

The defense has had to do a lot of excuse-making in this case so, far, it would seem there is still room, JMO
Defense is resorting to anything they can to get FG off the case. She won’t recuse and SCOIN will not be removing her.

They are using the prisoner transport story to try to sidestep the above. It won’t work.

I want to know which judge they are attempting to shop for.

jmo

Defense is resorting to anything they can to get FG off the case. She won’t recuse and SCOIN will not be removing her.

They are using the prisoner transport story to try to sidestep the above. It won’t work.

I want to know which judge they are attempting to shop for.

jmo

They want any judge who will let cameras in and make a bigger mockery out of the ridiculous show they are trying to put on.

They want a trial by social media who seem to lap up a lot of the rubbish they are sprouting.

Moo

What normally happens when a witness in prison tries to dodge a subpoena?

In the Georgia Young RICO case a cooperating witness tried to do this and the judge threw him in jail for contempt until he changed his mind. but he wasn’t dragged to the witness box in shackles …

Was the correct thing for Judge Gull to force Baston to come?

i have no idea personally

IMO

The aim of the D's latest show is completely transparent: to get the old warhorse-- because she is fair and she is professional, which for them will be a loss-- out of "their" court. And if this doesn't finally convince you that the D believes it's their court, nothing will. It's theirs, and they make it accessible to YouTubers through their documents at will. Their documents are arguably even tailored to YouTubers and the general public (and it shows).

From article dated Nov 16 2023: "In documents unsealed on Thursday, Baston was subpoenaed to court to testify on behalf of Allen. He wrote a response, also released Thursday, saying he would not be coming to court because of 'fear for my life.'...In his response to the subpoena, Baston says 'corrupt sergeants' began abusing him following the first letter he sent to the court — including having his foot and ankle broken by being slammed to the ground....Baston finishes his letter stating, 'until this court can protect me and other inmates at Westville’s restrictive housing unit and report the excessive use of force assaults, abuse, mistreatment, torture and retaliation from corrupt Indiana Department of Corrections staff/officers, then I do not feel safe to testify.'"

The sheriff's office did not press it, claiming JG had said it was ok to leave Baston there. Source: "In a May 31, 2024, order, Gull wrote that the 'decision by the Deputy to leave without the witness was his and was not directed by the Court.'” Failure to comply with a subpoena is contempt on the part of the individual who refused to comply. There's a hearing, the non-compliant gets to explain himself, and the court or agency has broad discretion to determine an appropriate punishment given the circumstances presented. I have no doubt this issue would have been more fully dealt with sooner had it not been for the D's unfortunate and catastrophic document leak fiasco occurring around the same time. Not having that leak occur undoubtedly would also have freed up more time for the D to help their client work through the crisis they're saying he has been dealing with.

Whatever the outcome with the judge in this situation, the issue this D has isn't going to go away because they don't have a problem with Judge Gull. They have a problem with a judge they can't control, and judges by definition shouldn't be controlled by either party to the conflict.

This case has been made into many things by this D. It has been "all about Odinism," even though there is not proof to substantiate Odinism as any factor whatsoever. This case has been "all about" unconstitutional searches, it has been "all about" conflicts around religious liberty. "Ding dong" verbiage is now pushed into center stage. This case has been at points "all about" conditions for prison inmates, which is definitely an issue worthy of attention. But D's most immediate and pressing opportunity to advance prison rights was to make sure their client was acquitted and didn't have to spend the rest of his life there.

This case is about rights. It's about Richard Allen's rights-- but not exclusively. The rights it's most directly about are the rights of two little kids to go out on a trail one day and come home. Please show us why RA is not BG. Please show us why we should doubt he's BG. If you can't, please stop pouring salt in the wounds of people who have suffered enough already, and the issue at hand is whether that suffering was inflicted by your own client.

You know, I'd apologize for the length of this post, but considering the D produced a fifth-grade level 136 page book on Odinism that ultimately has no bearing on their client's guilt or innocence, I'm not apologizing.

To quote from the movie “Christmas Story”;

“A++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++….”

RSBM

The confessions of course came later, but those other pieces of testimony/evidence were contained in the AA, it's what LE used to give probable cause (which was granted). It's likely that they have a trove of additional evidence because guilty in the court of law exceeds PC and needs BARD.

We know a lot about where the Defense is trying yo go but very little about the Prosecution's case. Gag order and a very tight seal on leaks IMO.

The PC witnesses establish/corroborated the timeline. They may not be needed for trial if there is cell data places RA on the bridge....

LE has collected items from the home, his car, his clothing. We know about that from SWs but we don't know what was discovered. Statistical DNA matches, fabric/carpet/fiber analyses, human/animal hair comparisons. Even the popularity of cold case genetic genealogy might be in play.

Phones sink criminals, whether they carry them at the time or not. Telling black-out periods. Patterns of normal usage vs. usage anomalies.

RA's employment records. Did he have the day off? Did he leave work early? Where he was that morning, that evening.

Plus his whole digital footprint. ANY history of CSAM, any Google searches, and any connection to KAK and his online catfishing accounts.

The Prosecution is holding tight to the gag order.

They've got the goods on RA.

JMO
Something I think is strange is that even though none of us know the evidence that LE has against Richard Allen, wouldn't they tell Richard Allen during the interrogations to try to get him to confess before making the arrest? But then later Richard Allen does confess many times to anyone who will listen. I do not understand.

Something I think is strange is that even though none of us know the evidence that LE has against Richard Allen, wouldn't they tell Richard Allen during the interrogations to try to get him to confess before making the arrest? But then later Richard Allen does confess many times to anyone who will listen. I do not understand.
To me it's very clear. RA not confessing in interrogations is not unusual at all. I'm sure he asked for a lawyer. That's it, Miranda has been read, he asked for a lawyer, very common.

RA confessing many times to anyone who will listen after being shown the evidence against him...a man accepting his guilt.

Of note to me...RA's confessing to his family and having the call disconnected by his wife, then RA having a meltdown.
AJMO

I believe that it would benefit everyone to get their information directly from the source (cameras in the the courtroom) and not trickled through podcasters and YouTubers who intentionally obscure the facts when it doesn’t align with their opinion.

100%. She doesn't want transparency and is blaming some fictional/unnamed misdeeds by the media the one and only time she did allow cameras (for the planned public shaming event).

Her extreme resistance to transparency is troubling, but I still don't think she will recuse, and maybe even shouldn't (I don't care, personally, either way...but of course my opinion means nothing). Apparently, in the Karen Read case, many people following it leading up to the trial felt the judge was super biased, but I believe many opinions have changed during the trial. I think she's a fantastic judge (but I didn't follow the case until the trial started).

Anyway.....Judge Gull seems to love secrecy, which isn't a good look and does not inspire confidence at all. This is 2024 and we have the technology for the justice system to be transparent. Gotta wonder why she wants to go back to 1984. <modsnip: Such insinuations against a judge are inappropriate>

IMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, Jerry Holeman did say, "I know you did it, and I'm gonna prove it!" Not quite the same, and you'd think they already had proof, but what do I know.

IMO MOO

Which is more believable to a jury?

Libby and Abby were killed in a pagan ritual in the middle of the day by white supremacist Odinists (who were investigated by LE and have proven alibis for being elsewhere at the time of the murders).

- Or -

The evidence against RA is weak, witnesses were confused, there were 2 sketches and multiple POI’s through the years.

Defense could make a great case for RA’s innocence. But they are not doing it. Why?

jmo

Wait, it could be Bigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members